Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:17:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ETRUSCAN GODS LIVE ON - ARADIA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ETRUSCAN GODS LIVE ON - ARADIA  (Read 7876 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 09:40:24 am »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:01:24 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 10:27:48 am »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:58:09 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 10:56:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 11:00:37 am »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:47:57 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 05:51:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 05:54:04 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 05:55:44 pm »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:57:16 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 01:53:19 pm »

Smiley  Okay “B” you got me over here, but I’m not sure why.  I’m sure it’s not just to show me that vastly superior image of Hermes than the lousy one I found for my avatar, LOL.  The Italian Strega doesn’t have the best reputation from the little I know of them.  Of course being raised Roman Catholic in the US would account for that.  But witches and the religion of Wicca is something,(to the little I know of them), that is a quite harmless worship of the natural forces that surround us.  Of course if all the Strega have to kill seven men, then they wouldn’t be very “good” would they? LOL.

As usual you have posted a lot here, and it is very informative.  I didn’t know that Diana was the goddess that the witches worshiped, or that there was a female messiah.  Being that it is the Eurasians that these traditions are carried down from, then their source is more than likely Atlantis!  I know that it was a high priestess, not priest that headed their religion.  I have often thought that the Book of Revelations quote about “seven hills where the woman sits enthroned” was a reference to Atlantis, and not Rome. (That city also had seven hills). 

My family doesn’t have a tradition of Strega, but many of us on my mother’s side, (the Trifiletti’s) are physic.  My Uncle Domonic has what our family calls “hot hands” and has used it to cure many people.  When my grandmother she was sick and dying, she used to scream in Italian “you’re burning me” when he put his hands on her.  He’s also helped the police solve several murders, and has written books on physic subjects. 

For myself, I have “hot hands” but don’t really know how to use them.  My mother used to do things on a daily basis, so they became matter of fact for me.  For instance, the phone would ring and she’d say something like, “that’s so & so from California”, and I’d say “ impossible, I haven’t heard from them in years”, and sure enough it would be so. 

My wife guessed my birthday the first try on the very night we met, and when she told her mother she had, her mother stopped her and said, “wait let me try” and guessed it wrong by only one day.  Her mother used to read Tarot cards, but stopped.  She was kind of scary good at it, and could give you license plate numbers, and specific things.  My wife and mother-in-law are always going to physics themselves, because you really can’t read yourself and the ones close to you.  I’ve been a skeptic, because they never give you information you can really use, until after it’s already happened and then you say, “Oh, that’s what they meant”.  But if they ask for money to remove “the curse” we know they’re fakers.  But with the kind of luck we’ve had, maybe I SHOULD have paid someone to remove the M'al occhio!   

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:56 am »

Yes, Sungate, I did just want to show you the 'other' Hermes I found.......

But I am glad you also looked through this thread.  It's very interesting and I have had a lot of fun
doing it.........

I personally think that poor Leland got taken for a big ride.  All of us Italians are STREGHE.  While a
lot of people are making money with this today, so-called 'witchcraft' is practiced one way or another
by the whole country and by those who are Italians but live elsewhere.   All of us are also naturally
'Spiritualists' also, as we firmly all believe and pray to our ANCESTORS.  It's a cultural thing, it goes
without saying.....

Oh, Mike, please keep 'talking' to me, I am so getting to know you and your GREAT family........
It's nice to know that the TRADITIONS are still kept.  When things ease up for you, you should
cultivate YOUR own intuition, you'll be pleasantly surprised, it's obviously 'in YOUR blood'.....
How can I get your Uncle's books?

In my family, I am the one who inherited the knowledge of "Taking Away the Malocchio".  It has to
be passed to only one person, from generAtion to generation and my father told me how just before     he died.  You are not supposed to do it until then.......Too bad that we don't live in the same place,      I could do it for you.  It has to be done in person.   I can do the next best thing, though, and "lay
hands" on you long-distance....

And I can do something else:  Since you are an Aquarian, you are presently going through the passage
of Saturn in Leo, which is the opposite Sign.  It should ease up right after the beginning of September,
in a few weeks.  All Tauruses, Leos, Scorpios and Aquarians have felt its effects in the last two years
or so.

Hang in there, with the rest of us Mike!!!

Love and Peace,
b

PS
Oh, there's a little bit more about Italian Witchcraft in the WICCA  thread, but I think you'll like this one:
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2645.msg25296.html#new
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:58:10 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:55 pm »

Smiley Rest assured “B”, our Italian traditions live on.  I pray to my “dead” relatives on a daily basis.  My Uncle Dominic tells me when he gets a message from my mother, (his sister) who for some reason has trouble getting through to me.  My father gets messages to me in an unusual way.  He was also a musician and piano teacher, and liked to collect every song that he could get his hands on, to add to his unbelievably immense collection.  Sometimes for no apparent reason I’ll wake up with some old song that I remember as one of my father’s favorites, and the lyrics will have a pertinent bearing on what is going on in my life.  And I’ll say, “I get the message, Dad.”

When I was a teacher in Arizona, I used to tell the Mexican students to hang on to their language, and talk to their parents in Spanish, or they’d soon loose it.  My grandmother came to the states when she was 15, and never did learn to speak English.  All I got out of what she’d say to me was, “nicea boy, nicea, boy” and she’d pinch my cheeks so hard it created a permanent smile, LOL.  My grandfather spoke with a terrible broken English, and though they both spoke Italian in the home, my mother understood Italian, much better than she could speak it.  By the third generation in America, (that would be me), I only knew the phrases that didn’t translate into English well.  Of course I still cringe when I hear Americans mispronounce things like “man – a – cott – eee” or “ ree – cott –tah—cheese!”  LOL.  I had to take Italian in college just to learn how to understand the beautiful Italian art songs I studied, in my nine years of operatic training from a retired soprano from the Metropolitan opera.  And rest assured that even my children, (fourth generation Italians in America), can still produce a resounding course of “Figaro” that absolutely shakes the rafters in our home!  Some traditions are just genetic!  On my fathers side a lot of traditions were lost because my grandfather was orphaned as a baby.  But even though, Dad, who had never grown a thing in his life, unexplainably started planting tomatoes in the yard when he hit sixty, LOL.  Of course my wife’s family’s recipe for tomato sauce, (which we call, “gravy”), is different than my family’s.  So when she’s not looking, I sneak a few more spices into the sauce… (Does this sound familiar?)

So to tie this into this tread, (somehow), I guess it would not be surprising that the Atlantean customs and religious beliefs were carried down through the Etruscans, through the Romans, and are here in America even.  All of my side of the family and everyone in my wife’s family are all firm believers that the “dead” live on and are trying to guide us.  We all pray to our deceased relatives, (and I know this is not exactly what Christians are taught to do.).  And we all believe that people are capable of “putting a curse” on you.  Again, this is not what the Catholic Church taught us in Sunday school, (which was actually on Wednesday after school.)  So I guess you’re correct, maybe we ARE all Strega! 

As for cultivating my own intuition, I’ve had to do that carefully.  When I hit my twenties my physic abilities suddenly matured.  I don’t know how true physics put up with the constant upheaval they’re lives are subject to.  Suddenly other people’s thoughts and emotions would overcome me from out of nowhere!  Out of the blue on a cheerful sunny day, I was racked with someone else’s pain, and emotional distress.  Other people’s thoughts and images would flood my mind right in the middle of things I was doing in my own life, preventing me from getting anything done.  I also started seeing things that were not actually there, at least not that anyone else could see.  At first they were just fleeting shadows out of the corner of my eye, but they began to become more and more distinct.  Although I found I could “will” them away, I definitely got the feeling that they were NOT all good!  So I had to learn to shut it off.  I HAD to turn it into something that I could turn on when I wanted to USE it, not just hitting me unexpectedly from out of the blue. 

My Aunt Mary was probably more even physic than my Uncle Dominic.  Most of the family though of her as a little “wacky.”  For instance when my mother passed away she would tell me that her picture had moved where she had placed in on the mantle.  Most of the family laughed at that kind of thing.  But I know WHY she always acted a little “wacky”.  She was constantly seeing things from the other side, all day long.  She always had this look in her eyes, like she was distracted by something while she was talking to you.  You can’t live caught between two worlds and act “normally.”

So perhaps I’ve stunted my “physic growth” but I’ve been able to live a “normal” life, get married and raise a family.  My uncle and aunt weren’t able to do that, and those things are important to me.   When the kids are all grown, I’ll go back to tuning into that other world.  If it makes me seem a little “wacky” the grand kids can always chalk it up to senility, LOL.

Is it a counter spell you’ve inherited to take away the Malocchio?  My wife’s grandmother, (in her late eighties, God bless her), taught her a “prayer” to say in Italian.  It can only be taught on Christmas Eve, (or New Year’s Eve? can’t recall which), and you have to memorize it in Italian.  She just learned it last year, but she keeps forgetting how to pronounce the words correctly, (Even though Cheryl did get to spend an entire summer in Florence just before we met).  Basically it’s “the Lord’s Prayer” in Italian with a few changes, or so I’m told.  Her grandmother is going to give her a refresher on it.

While we’re on this topic of physic powers, and witchcraft I’ll tell you another little story, which maybe you can help me figure out.  I’ve meant to ask Rockessence about this one.  I’ve had in my possession a crystal that I bought in a gem store in Tennessee  40 some odd years ago.  If I’d bought it in one of those “new age” stores in New York it would have cost over $100 back then, (God knows what it would cost today).  I have no idea what fascination it held for me then, but I used to carry it around in my pockets where ever I went.  Just something “intuitive”  drove me to do it.  Later I took to wearing it around my neck on the kind of black braded string that you see Catholic priest wearing.  They make metal jewelry with metal necklaces that hold quartz crystals like the one I had.  But something “told” me it must not touch anything metallic.  I found a clear type of plastic lace that held the crystal to the “rope” necklace, and that’s how I wore it when I met my wife.  My wife’s family told me it was the “work of the devil” so I took to elaborately altering the top of it to convert the shape into a Christian cross, so they’d leave me alone about it.  And I’ve worn it that way now for almost 20 years.  I do know that crystals worn over the heart are supposed to help heal your heart chakra.   But this is not the real point of the story.  A few years ago, one of my sons did something to anger me, (I can’t recall what, now), and I chased after him as he ran into his room and locked the door.  As I reached the door, without thinking I reached for the  crystal around my neck, took it out and was about to use it as a key to open the door, when I suddenly realized "what am I doing?"  It was obvious there was no way the crystal could have been used to open the door, and I had acted purely on a reflex action, as if I’d done this many times before.  And so “B” what do you think this might be about?  I know in the animated version of
Disney’s “Atlantis” the Atlantean’s all wore crystals around their necks that in the story made them all live longer via a power that the pyramid there transmitted to them.  And if they were to leave that city, they would all age rapidly without the power that they received through the crystal.  It seemed to me at the time that I was acting on a learned response from some other past life, which I have no conscious memory of now.  The shape I’ve fastened it into does sort of remind me of an ancient key of sorts.  Disney aside, I’ve never read anywhere about the Atlanteans wearing crystals.  What does your knowledge of ancient Italian witchcraft have to offer me in regards to explaining that event?

Saturn is in Leo, huh?  That means “lessons” well I guess I’ve been learning them the hard way, LOL.  I have Saturn in Leo in my natal chart, so then it applies to me all the more. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007, 10:15:56 am »

Hi, Mike!

In case you're wondering why I put up that picture, well I was looking for something else when I ran
into it.  It reminded me of my grandmother.  My hometown has the Sibilline Mountains to the West of it,   toward Rome.  They are part of the Appennines.  My grandmother always talked about "la Sibilla" and
that picture is just about what I always pictured this seer to look like....My hometown is way more
ancient than Rome and "La Sibilla" is just about the most important personage of the "Old World".

So, you see, there is no codified way with the "Vecchia Religione", it is all pretty well regional.  All the
books on the market like Raven Grimassi's, are pretty well a mock-up of Aradia and Modern (Gardnerian)
Wicca.  Very far removed from the "real thing".  I ran into Raven Grimassi on a blog and I asked him point
blank if he had even ever been to Italy.  Well, he hemmed and hawed and finally admitted that he "talks
to his Italian relatives in Italy a lot......."

Mind you, if you ever run into Leo Martello's books, do read/buy them.  He is genuine.  He admits to
being a member of the Wiccans, but he also tells you he is a hereditary Sicilian witch and his stories
do have the ring of truth......And they are very interesting.  Too bad he passed over a few years ago.
You would love his account of his trip to Sicily to visit the family.  It's in his book "Witchcraft",or
"Italian Witchcraft", I think.....His story on the black Madonna is really something.

So, in summation, one can only say that Italian Witchcraft is nothing more than "Folk Magic".  I got
so sick of "camomilla" poured down my throat, that I can't abide even the smell of herbal teas to this   
day.  Oh, yes, I was such a puny child that I had my share of 'red wine baths' too.  I think my grandmother pulled out all the remedies she could think of to keep me alive. And my mother let her......

So, I pretty much use them myself on my daughters, my grandaughter and my greatgrandaughters
(no MALE offspring, darn!) and a few more I have picked up on my own along the way.....

Yes, that is a 'counterspell' that I inherited to take away the Malocchio.  It is done different in different
parts of the country, but it all boils down to the same thing.  I found that it really works for more than
strictly 'il Malocchio', it just about works for anything that ails one, bad-luck-wise.

Just like the food, it is all regional.  When did you really see two Italians really agree on the same thing?
That's what makes us so interesting, I guess.  We are such and independent bunch!

As to your quartz crystal.  Well, as an Italian, the only 'stone' I know of to use for talisman is the
coral (which is not a stone).  As a Spiritualist, I'd say it was an 'apport'.  An apport is an object that
appears out of nowhere or is presented to you unexpectedly and you jusk KNOW it is for YOU.  It has
happened to me too.  I think whomever is your 'guide' beyond the veil thought that you needed that
particular stone for your well-being and you caught the 'vibe'.   Crystals have well-known properties
among New Agers.  Personally, wearing a clear crystal around my neck will give me headaches.  Too
much power, I guess.  I go by 'feel' and I got enough stones to supply an army (I have been making
wire-rewrapped jewellery for years), so I got all kinds.

To my knowledge the Atlantean stone is the "Sky Stone", the TURQUOISE.  I wear tons of it.  I have
been collecting turqoise jewellery since the early sixties.....The turquoise is sacred to all Amerinds and
Tibetans, too.  So you make your own deductions on that.  I also wallow in the power of emeralds. 
I just bought a piece about 4inches long by 3".  It is a bunch of semi-cut emeralds and biwa pearls
(from abalone) and they form a humongous butterfly (transformation).  The irony is that I am pretty
petite and I have always worn all this massive jewellery.  My Squash Blossom turquoise necklace weighs
at least five pounds in silver alone......My girls are big -both ways - and they wear these itty-bitty pieces that just about disappear on them.  Go figure.....

Saturn in Leo, eh?  Well, congratulations!  You just went through your SECOND Saturn Return and you
seem to have accomplished it quite well!!!!  Not everybody is that lucky......

BTW, I was over the Italian Google the other day and was looking for half-moon shaped cookies to put
in this thread and yes, the ones you mentioned in the other thread are called RAVIOLI DOLCI.  But I got
a sneaky feeling that they are the same as those that in my dialect are called PICU`, although I have
no idea what they are - remember, I am no expert in baked goods.  I don't have much of a sweet tooth
and my mother never baked, nor I.  No need, if you got a good Sicilian Bakery around!  BTW, Sicilian
owe their famed baking ability to the Arab influence.....

Well, Paesano, this is good!  Maybe it will encourage present and future Italians to post here and either
find out about their heritage or add more to what we are discussing. 

I'm going to head over to the Astrology thread and finish answering your post there.

Ciao, for now.

Love & Peace,
b
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:34:43 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 08:56:15 am »

I L   M A L O C C H I O

Evil Eye

Alan G. Hefner and Demetrius Drystellas

In folklore and the occult the evil eye is generally thought to be a sign of trouble. Few, if any, will agree that there is an accurate definition of the evil eye. To some the curses of the evil eye might be more accurately associated with old wives' tales.

The belief in the evil eye is ancient. Virtually every culture has referred to it. The oldest references to it appears in the cuneiform texts of the Sumerians, Babylonians, and Assyrians, around 3000 BC.

The ancient Egyptians used eye shadow and lipstick to prevent the evil eye from entering their eyes or mouths. Both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible mention the evil eye.

Superstions surrounding the evil eye still strongly persist in Mediterranean countries such as Italy, and in Mexico and Central America.

The evil eye is either involuntary or deliberate. In the first incidences the persons do not intentionally use the evil eye, and usually are not aware they are doing so. No wrong doing or revenge is sought to another person.

The deliberate or malevolent use of the evil eye is called "overlooking." This is thought to produce such misfortunes as illness, poverty, injury, loss of love, or even death. In the Middle Ages witches were said to give anyone who crossed them the evil eye. Also they were thought to be able to bewitch their convicting judges with it, and this was why they were made to walk backwards toward the judges.

Almost anything could cause the notion that some person possessed an evil eye. If someone looked too long or lingering at one's children, or possessions, or livestock. If a child got sick, or some possession was lost or stolen, or some animals died, then the person was really suspected of having an evil eye.

If the evil eye and its effects could not be driven away then the victim thought he or she really had trouble, then it was time to consult an older and wiser woman -- usually a family member -- hoping she knew a secret cure.

The evil eye can be listed as one of the earliest prejudicial signs. A stranger in a village or town was most susceptible of suspicion. Any person having an unusual characteristic could easily find himself in this category, such as a blue-eyed person among brown-eyed people, or people having body deformities. Some people were said to have been born with a permanent evil eye, corrupting everything they looked at. Also they were often called demonic possessed.

It is said the evil eye is most likely to strike in good or fortuitous times. Many believe good fortune brings bad. Small children and animals are most vulnerable. In many villages it was not considered wise to let children be seen too much. Likewise possessions were not to be overly displayed or successes should not be bragged about.

Animals under the curse of the evil eye were said to be "blinked" in Ireland during the 19th. century. The local wise woman or witch was sought out to produce a cure.

www.themystica.com
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:26:06 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 08:57:54 am »

CORAL AND GOLD HORN

MANINA (LITTLE HAND) IN CORAL

The number 13

My daughter wears one,
born June 13

RITUAL TO REMOVE THE 'MALOCCHIO'
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:42:20 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 02:55:44 pm »

Smiley  Wow, that’s really interesting about the Egyptians using lipstick and eye shadow to prevent  the Malocchio.  Actually I didn’t even know this about the gold horn that is still so popular among Italian Americans.

The Corno (Italian Horn Amulet)
Whether or not this is the case, the cornuto is still a popular amulet worn by Italian men to protect their genitalia from the evil eye. ...

The Mexicans were something just like it, but they call it a "pepper", like a chili pepper.  I wonder if it's the same thing?   Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 04:22:17 pm »

SUNGATE:

QUOTE:

"Whether or not this is the case, the cornuto is still a popular amulet worn by Italian men to protect their genitalia from the evil eye. ..."

I don't know who your source is, but they got it ALL wrong!

CORNO  or CORNETTO has nothing to do with a man's genitals: 

The CORNO (horn) or CORNETTO (a little horn) is always worn to avert MALOCCHIO or IETTATURA.
The two last terms are interchangeable, depending in what part of the country you are in.

ALL my children, grandchild and greatgrands have one - the hand too.  In gold, as coral is endangered in the Mediterranean, so it's not on the market.

What the author of your information got confused with is something altogether different - (I can't
say anything about the Mexicans.)

These are the facts:

The worst insult one can hurl at  an Italian man is  CORNUTO - English: CUCKHOLD = a man who wears

horns (CORNA) because his wife sleeps around with other men.

The author of your information confused the two terms CORNETTO (small horn) and

CORNUTO (CUCKHOLD) and googled the wrong info.

Believe me, if he got hit by the MALOCCHIO, his 'performance' is going to be the LEAST of his
worries.......

It sounds like Raven Grimassi, who has NEVER even been to Italy and keeps writing books and books
about Italian witchcraft right out of Reginald Gardner.  I confronted him years ago on one of the blogs:

UPSHOT:  In the end conceded that" I speak to my Italian relatives....often......."

Unfortunately, he keeps publishing his books, full of lies.

(Se above Post 42 for charms)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:48:54 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: