Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:31:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Frank Frazetta

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank Frazetta  (Read 1862 times)
Matt
Superhero Member

« on: January 31, 2007, 03:52:11 am »

Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 03:53:50 am »

Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 03:56:30 am »

Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 03:58:01 am »

Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
inca

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:24:54 am »

Boris Vallejo:
http://hebuss.free.fr/
Report Spam   Logged
inca

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 04:17:05 pm »

Winged-tiger:
http://www.imaginistix.com/details.cfm?Id=940
Report Spam   Logged
Argonath
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 09:00:48 pm »

Boris Vallejo is an excellent artist:

Report Spam   Logged
inca

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 03:51:42 am »

What I like about him is the combo of muscle-men & women and mythological creatures from worldwide myths. His use of colors & shadows to depict those bodies is impecable. His knowledge of anatomy. He has done every imaginable creature: sharks, dragons, dinosaurs, seahorse monster, spiders, dolphins, all felines, dogs, unicorns and horses, warriors, snakes, minotaurs and dogs, giants and orcs, hydras, wolves, sphinxes, .... I mean, he's just awesome artist.
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 04:34:55 am »

No other artist has the sheer dynamism and power in his work that Fazetta does, his works leave a lasting impression on the mind and he is capable of creating a cultural icon with a single painting.

PS. Frazetta is King
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 09:47:11 pm »

He is king, and his style also set the trend for all the other fantasy artists that are around these days.  Did you know that he also started out drawing comics?  The comics he drew are all collector's items, of course, and have drastically gone up in price.
Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 10:09:57 pm »

Hi Matt

Yah I knew he did comics, he also did a lot of covers for the Creepy and Eerie mags. I wish Creepy and Eeirie were still around. He also did the cover for the first vampirella story I don't know whether it was Creepy or Eerie but one of those. The Vampirella mag used that cover for her logo.

From what I remember reading everybody told him he was crazy to leave comics to do oil painting. I am glad he didn't listen to them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:14:35 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 11:20:37 pm »

Wow, so Frazetta did that logo of Vampi with her arm out, holding the bat?

This one?

I never knew that. That is her most famous pose.  I should start a Vampirella thread, she is so hot.
Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 12:15:51 am »

Rep, thats the one. Frazetta's cover art is one of the reasons she got so popular. She was just another short story in a comic mag. It got so much attention she got more stories in the mag, then she got her own mag, a comic book for a while, books and there was even talk of a movie at one time. A vampirella movie could be awesome if done right.

A similar sort of thing happened with the Death Dealer, at first it was just a painting then it became a comic book etc.

Like I said Frazetta is able to create cultural icons with a single painting, people see his paintings and want to know the whole story line around them, the paintings really do infleunce and inspire people.

I know Frazetta has had a big impact on my life and my art.
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 02:39:41 am »

Hey Unknown,

They actually did mak a  Vampi movie back in 1996, starring Talisa Soto and Roger Daltry, but it wasn't very good:

Too bad, it had a great premise.
Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 09:11:01 am »

Hi Matt

I be a monkey's uncle Shocked, I have never seen that at a video store.
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: