Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 02:22:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How was the Universe Created?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How was the Universe Created?  (Read 3075 times)
Baphomet
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2008, 12:45:10 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 09-04-2005 06:41 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We live in, among other things, a time dimension where one event follows another. Time passes. Everything ages. Throughout our lives, we learn that effects always have causes. We would be confused if they didn’t. Therefore, it is hard to imagine the first cause, and even harder to imagine what, if anything, preceded “The First Cause.”

Just as God created the universe and everything in it, God also created time. There was a beginning of everything, including space and time. Consequently, God is outside of space and time. This means that God is unchanging (I Sam 15:29, Mal 3:6, Heb 6:17, James 1:17). He had no beginning and has no ending.

Also, and more pertinent to the question, from God’s perspective an effect does not follow a cause. He sees the beginning and the end (Rev 1:8, 21:6, 22:13). Asking who made God before time began reflects a lack of understanding—even though most of us at one time have pondered the question. No one “made” God; He is infinite, outside of time, and already existed when time began.

Thirty years ago, one of my children asked me this question as I tucked him into bed. While I can’t remember my answer, I am sure it was inadequate. Having years to think about his question has helped me somewhat resolve the logic of the preceding two paragraphs with what is hard to imagine.

Seeing things from God’s infinite perspective is probably as hard for us as it is for a dog or cat to understand what is on this printed page. If God is infinite and we are His finite creations, our limited understanding and perspective should not surprise us.

How else do we know that time began? The Bible is the most widely read book of all time. Within it, the most read page is probably the first page of Genesis. The first three words on that page

In the beginning ...

are probably the best-known group of three words of all time—the single, most widely proclaimed idea. By reading the fourth word, one sees that God was there at the beginning.

Another key insight comes from John 1:1.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Again, there was a beginning; we are also told Who was there when time began. Verses 1:2, 3, and 14 clarify these profound events even more.

Most questions concerning origins are answered in Parts I and II. Of the questions that remain, the following are some of the most frequently asked in my seminars and public presentations. They can be read in any order.

How Can the Study of Creation Be Scientific? Have New Scientific and Mathematical Tools Detected Adam and Eve? Because Galaxies Are Billions of Light-Years Away, Isn’t the Universe Billions of Years Old?
Why Does the Universe Seem To Be Expanding?
If the Sun and Stars Were Created on Day 4, What Was the Light of Day 1? How Old Do Evolutionists Say the Universe Is? What Was Archaeopteryx? How Accurate Is Radiocarbon Dating?
How Could Saltwater and Freshwater Fish Survive the Flood? What about the Dinosaurs? Have Planets Been Discovered Outside the Solar System? Did the Flood Last 40 Days and 40 Nights?
Is the Hydroplate Theory Consistent with the Bible?
How Was the Earth Divided in Peleg’s Day?
Did It Rain before the Flood?
What Triggered the Flood?
If God Made Everything, Who Made God?
Did a Water Canopy Surround Earth and Contribute to the Flood?
How Did Human “Races” Develop?
According to the Bible, When Was Adam Created? Is There Life in Outer Space?
Is There a Large Gap of Time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?
Is Evolution Compatible with the Bible?

What Are the Social Consequences of Belief in Evolution?
How Do Evolutionists Respond to What You Say? How Do You Respond to Common Claims of Evolutionists?

--------------------
http://myspace.com/oharry1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters." - Goya
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: