Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:12:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is A Stradivarius Violin Better Than Other Violins?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is A Stradivarius Violin Better Than Other Violins?  (Read 1616 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: November 23, 2008, 09:18:00 am »

The violin came into existence in around 1550 as the successor to the viol, a mediaeval string instrument.

The idea behind the violin was to imitate the high female singing voice, with all its musical possibilities – ‘singing’ long, romantic melodies, whether loud and strong or soft as a whisper... And the instrument even has a feminine shape, with its nice rounded shoulders, its waist and hips, neck and head.

Playing the violin is a real experience. When you play an instrument like this it is actually like a relationship with someone you really love.

In my life I’ve played a number of beautiful violins, but my present instrument is the best of all!

It was built in 1667 by Antonio Stradivarius, undoubtedly the best and most famous violin builder of all times. He built this violin when he was 23 years old, in the year when he married. He must have been very much in love at that time, and sometimes I imagine that his betrothed was a very beautiful girl and that he built this violin especially for her. He may even have built it to celebrate her qualities, who knows?

The sound of the instrument is so romantic, loving and warm!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:26:01 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: