Robert Sarmast - 21st. century "Indiana Jones"- new discoveries

(1/2) > >>

Majeston:
Journey to Urmia Island

Copyright Behzad Sarmast 2007

Lake Urmia is located in the northwestern tip of Iran, close to the Turkish border, and in the “Azerbaijan” region. It is inhabited mostly by Turks and Kurds and there aren’t many Persians there. I spent a couple of years of my childhood in Tabriz, just to the east of Lake Urmia, when my father had a job there.

Lake Van is on the other side of the high mountains to the west of Lake Urmia, over the Turkish border. According to the Urantia Papers, Jesus traveled from the Lake Van area to Urmia, where he stayed for a few weeks, and led a caravan eastward through the southern coast of the Caspian Sea. It was on an island located in Lake Urmia that he was asked to speak at Cymboyton’s school, and he gave one of his most profound lectures there. 
http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p134.htm     
http://urantiabook.org/newbook/ub/ppr134_3.html#P134_3_4

Group of four islands in the southern end of Lake Urmia

All we know from the Urantia Papers was that the island was the largest of a group of islands in this lake, and my aim was to find this island. Satellite images of the lake have been available for years and it was quite evident that there are four islands in its southern area – one of which is clearly larger than the rest. The question was how to get to it. My father had told me some years ago that the islands are not inhabited and are full of game, and that the Shah of Iran used to go hunting there. But information about the area was scarce and I realized that without traveling to the region I would never be able to find out exactly where Cymboyton’s school was located.

This area of Iran is close to several borders and there are many ethnic communities who do not particularly like each other. There are also many different religious communities, including Christians. They have no idea that Christ himself was there for a good while, but they do contend that one of the first Christian churches in the world was founded there. Urmia is also the area where the prophet Zoroaster was born so it is quite historic.

Unfortunately, my trip to this region was not during the best of times. Although there are now five million Turks in Tehran alone, the Turks and Persians are different in many ways and do not have the highest regard for each other. The Kurds are likewise not fond of the Turks or the Persians, and are actively seeking to overthrow the Islamic government, at least in their turf. Just before going to this region the Persian TV station of Urmia was burned down after some derogatory reports about the Turks aired, and the whole area went on high alert. We were told in our hotel that we should probably not go out, and if we really dared to go out, we should not speak Farsi (Persian). The fact that an Iranian was warned not to go out and speak Iranian, while in Iran, should give the reader an idea of how complicated an area this is.

I only had two days there so there was no choice but to risk it. In the city of Urmia, I found virtually no one that could help me with any information about the lake. Lake Urmia is extremely salty so there’s no fishing there, and is therefore pretty much left alone. I was finally informed that there was an environmental agency that may be able to help, and that I would also need permission from this same agency to go visit the islands since they are all uninhabited and the wildlife is protected. After visiting the agency, where my motives were seriously questioned, permission was granted; however, I was informed that I would have to be taken to the main island by a ranger close to the lake.

It took about an hour to get from city of Urmia to the remote southwestern side of the lake, where the ranger was waiting by his cabin. It was a cold, windy morning, and his boat was all but inadequate. Standing by the lake and looking at the distant group of islands, I couldn’t help but wonder why anyone would want to build a school in such a faraway and desolate place. It would be difficult to get there and back, especially two thousand years ago, and the islands themselves were bare and inhospitable to say the least. It just didn’t seem to make much sense. The ranger checked my papers and asked why I wanted to go to the island, and my answer was that there was once a lecture amphitheatre there that was subsequently burned down. He scratched his head and said that in all his years wondering these islands, he had never come across such a thing nor could he believe that anyone would build something like that in such a remote place. When I told him that I had to go and see it for myself, he told me that regrettably, as much as he would like to take me, the wind was strong and his boat was not up to the job. He told me that in such an environment, if the boat failed or capsized, we would be in serious trouble and he was not ready to take the risk.

It had taken a lot of effort to reach this place and the disappointment must have been written all over my face, because the ranger, wanting to help out, advised me to go back to the agency and get some discs he had produced a year earlier. Those discs, he told me, had lots of pictures from the islands and they would perhaps provide me with some answers. This was good news for me and I hastily went back to Urmia by cab.

Now it just happened that on this day, the environmental agency was holding an exhibition about Lake Urmia. There were booths everywhere with various displays about the wildlife, the ecology and scientific information for Lake Urmia. To my astonishment, a large satellite picture of Lake Urmia was on display in one of the main booths, and showed a huge island in the middle of the lake that I had never seen before. But how could this be? A large island in the middle of the lake that didn’t appear in any of the maps/images I had seen before? How does this happen?

While I stood there in front of the poster, gazing at it wide-eyed and in total confusion, one of the visiting scientists that just happened to be there that day for the exhibition, informed me that Lake Urmia had dried out in the last few decades, and that the water level used to be higher. The poster there showed the lake as it was twenty or thirty years ago, not now, and the large island in the middle of the lake was now joined to the mainland. No wonder that none of my maps had shown it!

I could hardly believe it. To make it even more interesting, I was informed that this island is called “Sepeyton,” which is eerily similar to Cymboyton. After some research I learned that this large island, which has several villages, serves as a stepping stone to the other side of the lake. Before the Iranian revolution a stone road/bridge was being built from the western side of the lake to this island in order to allow easier access from one side of the lake to the other, but it was never finished. The revolution had disrupted its construction, but a portion of it is in use and gets you close to the island. A ferry now carries cars from the end of the road to the island. This is still a lot better than having to travel all the way around lake, and it would only make sense that in the old days, people traveling from Urmia City toward the Caspian Sea would take ferries to this same island instead of traveling all the way around the lake.

The island itself looks like a large mountain that is split right down the middle, allowing for easy passage from one side to the other, and making it an ideal stepping stone.

A road/bridge connects the mainland to the island

It occurred to me that if it hadn’t been for the windy day, I would have been sailing to the southern islands and would have never learned about the real island, since I would not have come back to the agency. But this was my second and last day in the region, and there was only half a day left in my journey. The taxi driver, who by now was familiar with my quest, made a mad dash for the bridge as I had to see the island with my own eyes.

It took a couple of hours to get there and the road/bridge was busy with cars and trucks eager to reach Tabriz, a major Iranian city on the eastern side of the lake. We moved as quickly as possible on the straight road toward the large island and it finally came into view. Cymboyton’s school was undoubtedly located on this island, probably somewhere near the main road which cuts through the middle of the island. In those distant days, this same road would have seen caravans and travelers from all over the world as they cut through the lake and carried goods on and around the Silk Road. One of them was the creator of our universe, a Creator Son on a grand mission, disguised as a young and friendly caravan leader that would later be known as the Son of Man – Jesus Christ.

It was now the end of my journey and we had reached the end of the road – literally. I took a few snapshots of the island that had captivated my imagination for so long and wondered if any remains of Cymboyton’s amphitheatre could possibly still be there, waiting to be discovered. But that would have to wait for the next trip…

The bridge/road leading towards Cymboyton’s island.

Majeston:

Journey to Mt. Hermon

Copyright Behzad Sarmast 2007

It is perhaps the most cosmically significant spot in the universe of Nebadon, and it happens to be right here on earth. It’s the place where the creator of our universe won his last and greatest title, gaining total and unquestioned sovereignty over the welfare and destiny of ten million worlds. It is perhaps one of the greatest moments in the life of a Creator Son and of course, is of tremendous importance and sentimental value to his countless creatures throughout his vast domain. It will be held as sacred ground for all eternity.

Mt. Hermon is not only one of the hottest places in our universe but also one of the hottest places on earth. Unfortunately, however, it’s for all the wrong reasons.

In November of 2007 I began researching more intensively in order to find the exact area Jesus spent those six crucial weeks of his life. He was there several times but the “temptation” took place during those six weeks he spent “alone with God” atop Mt. Hermon. Later on he again visited the same area with his apostles, after making camp at Beit Jenn.
http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p134.htm 
http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p136.htm  
http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p158.htm

The Urantia Paper’s reference to Beit Jenn proved to be crucial in the research, since it left little doubt about where Jesus started up the mountain and also, which way he must have traveled to reach his final destination. The UB reference to the fact that it was "sometime knows as Beit Jenn" is very interesting. Beit Jenn is an Aramaic name and means "house of Jenn." Jenn or Jinn is an Islamic name for a particular type of demon -- one which lives among humanity and is very mischievous, often very interested in the affairs of men. The Urantia Book describes Beit Jenn as the place where Jesus cast out a Midwayer from a young boy – the same story that is recorded in the Bible.

The fact is that the site was not called Beit Jenn when Jesus visited the town. It was called by that name later, once it became known as the region where Jesus had performed this act, which explains why the papers state that it was "sometime" called Beit Jenn. This means that the current town of Beit Jenn at the foothills of Mt. Hermon is the very same place.

Since I was traveling to Iran in December of 2007, I had the opportunity to stop in Syria first. With the political situation being what it is today, this was a bit risky. Syria is a troubled place and right off the bat, in the Damascus airport, I could tell this was going to be a bumpy ride. I won’t go into details but let’s just say that I shouldn’t have told them that I’m a writer with both a US and an Iranian passport. Live and learn.

The next day I told the hotel manager that I wanted to go to Beit Jenn. He gave me the same look I’m accustomed to when I tell people the places I want to go. They’re usually in remote locations that no tourist would ever want to go, and since people can’t figure out why on earth anyone would want to go there, suspicion usually arises. Nevertheless, I arranged for a taxi to pick me up and drive me there, and stay around while I hike a bit. There are no taxis there in Beit Jenn so you need to keep the taxi around.

It took about an hour to get there and we traveled on the very roads that Jesus and the apostles did back in the day. It was the Damascus Road, where Saul received his blinding vision. In time Mt. Hermon came into view and my imagination ran wild with all the events that have transpired in this, one of the most sacred spots on earth. Mt. Hermon is very dry now but it used to be much greener, and Jesus’ travels in August would have meant an idyllic and quiet time atop a grand mountain, from where he would have seen much of the surrounding lands where his destiny would soon play out.

The taxi driver had some crosses on his rear-view mirror but like almost everyone else in Syria, knew hardly a word of English. I somehow made it clear to him that I wanted to go to Beit Jenn because Jesus had once been there, but I’m not sure if he believed it. It was clear that he was a bit excited though since this was not an ordinary place for him to go and spend half his day. He asked me if I like Arabic music and played his radio loud while we got ever closer to the mountain. Google Earth had given me the ability to recognize every part of Mt. Hermon now that I was there in person, and Beit Jenn came into view slowly as we ascended the foothills. It was even more backwards than I had imagined and probably had not advanced very much since the days of Jesus, except for telephones and electricity and some better construction. The people probably still looked the same.

You could feel the antiquity of the place as we headed uphill, passing Beit Jenn along the way. It was no use stopping in the little town since no one spoke English and therefore I had no way of teasing people by asking them if they knew where their town got its name. If they only knew! Anyway most of them looked Muslim so they wouldn’t know the biblical legends. My taxi driver kept looking at me, trying to decide if I was crazy or not.

One of the most amazing things about this research was the realization that the area where Jesus spent those six historic weeks rest within a ceasefire zone between Syria and Israel. The southern part of Mt. Hermon is Israeli territory, while the Beit Jenn area is Syrian land. The ceasefire area is a no-man’s-land covering several miles. The fact that the hottest place on earth as well as Nebadon is a place where no man can go is mind-boggling to me. Is it coincidence? Who knows? I went as far as possible with the taxi, meandering through the valleys and dirt roads before we were finally stopped at a military check point and informed that we could go no further.

We turned around and I asked the driver to stop and rest while I began to hike up the mountain with my camera, going as high as I could without being spotted by the UN observatory atop Hermon. I couldn’t really be sure exactly where the transfiguration had taken place, or where Michael had met his foes, but six weeks is a long time and knowing Jesus, he would have walked all over the area. Certainly the road from Beit Jenn up towards the heights was the same as the one that existed in Jesus’ day, and there was no doubt that Jesus and Taglith, as well as the apostles, had moved precisely along the same path. In the next world I hope to know just how close I was.

Raising Michael’s flag was a momentous occasion for me, one which I will treasure forever in my heart as I remember the day I climbed the mountain where our Creator Son completed his seventh and last incarnation, winning total authority over his universe.

Majeston:

http://www.discoveryofatlantis.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Sarmast is an author and explorer specializing in ancient history, world religions, and comparative mythology. He gave up a promising career in architecture in order to pursue his lifelong passion and the search for lost civilizations. Leaving behind more conventional pursuits, the author read widely and traveled extensively for over a decade in search of facts, sources, and knowledge on a variety of ancient mysteries. After these years of open-ended research, Sarmast narrowed his focus to solving one of the world's greatest riddles: the perennial mystery of Atlantis. His research led him to a small section of the sea floor of the eastern Mediterranean region--a sunken land mass stretching between Cyprus and Syria, and his work with the leading experts in the field resulted in the world's first detailed 3D maps and models of the eastern Mediterranean basin.

The multi-million dollar "Cyprus-Atlantis Project" began shortly after his ground-breaking book, Discovery of Atlantis: the Startling Case for the Island of Cyprus (Origin Press, 2003), became a number one best-selling book in Cyprus and created a global media frenzy. Wanting to realize his aim of discovering Atlantis, Sarmast moved to Cyprus in February of 2004 to form an actual expedition and created a fire-storm of controversy and excitement on the island.

With the financial support of the government of Cyprus, numerous private investors, and some of the top geophysicists in the world, Sarmast organized and executed the world's first and only scientific Atlantis expedition, using the latest sonar technology available for deep sea research.  In 2006, he collaborated with NBC News Productions to produce a two-hour documentary featuring his work on this famed expedition, "Quest for Atlantis: Startling New Secrets," hosted by Natalie Morales. A few months later, in collaboration with the History Channel, he organized and led a second and more challenging Atlantis expedition in the eastern Mediterranean. His expedition became the feature story for the two-hour season premier of "Digging for the Truth," the History Channel's top program. 

The Cyprus/Atlantis Project has been featured on the Discovery Channel, The National Geographic, The History Channel, The New York Times, CNN, BBC World Service, Reuters, FOX News, NBC News, ABC News, CBS News, MSNBC, NPR, Coast to Coast AM, Radio Europe, Der Speigel, Al Jazeera, The Sunday Telegraph, The Guardian, and the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. 

Robert is also the president and CEO of First Source Enterprises, LLC, which was founded in 2004 to promote more extensive research in the eastern Mediterranean. The forty-one year old author currently splits his time between Los Angeles and Cyprus.

The second expedition on September of 2006 proved that the anomalies on and around the purported Acropolis Hill, situated in the middle of the rectangular "great plain" of Atlantis, are natural. It came as a surprise even to some of the world's top geophysicists. The sub-bottom profiler used allowed to view the structure of the seafloor up to about 100 feet, and revealed that the "wall" at the base of the hill is not man-made. However, it also showed that the anomalies are at least hundreds of thousands of years old. This means that when the underwater valley stretching between Cyprus and Syria was above water, and people began to inhabit the area, they would have found an ideal location for a "natural fortress." The hill and its anomalies would have looked very much as they do today, making it an ideal place for living in an age when natural formation were routinely used for defense and agricultural purposes. Thus, if and when people lived in the area, they could have easily irrigated the hillside territory using the ready-made canals and river paths there, as well as the wall at the base of the hill for natural protection. Very little effort would have been needed to turn these anomalies to suitable human purposes, and there's little doubt that human beings would have gravitated to this area and coveted the hillside as prized real estate.

We were able to determine the characteristics of the seafloor by using a sub-bottom profiler which sends a powerful but focused form of acoustic energy (sonar) that penetrates the mud. This technique is often employed by oil companies to analyze the seabed's sedimentary structure before drilling. The problem is that in order to penetrate the mud with sound, the sonar energy has to be focused into a very narrow beam, as opposed to a wide beam that is used to see large areas of the seabed itself. Therefore, our aim of seeing what is below the mud was severely limited because we could only get a glimpse, a narrow look of about a foot or so under the silt. This meant that if there were man-made structures such as buildings, currently below the mud, it would have been impossible for us to find or recognize them. We knew this going in, and were hoping that the purported wall was manmade because it was so large that we could find it, cut across it with the sonar in tow, and get a glimpse of what it was made of. We knew that finding regular manmade structures below the mud would be an impossible task since the area has been below water for thousands of years and a lot of sedimentation has happened in that time.

To put it simply, our modern technology is so limited that it is very difficult and expensive to even get a look at the seafloor itself -- to see what's UNDER it is extremely challenging to say the least. We've conducted two expeditions now, and each one was filled with numerous technological problems. Water and electricity simply do not mix, and deep-sea research is a monumental task even with the world's best and most modern technology. The "Digging for the Truth" documentary for the History Channel showed only a small portion of the dozens of potentially catastrophic problems we experienced during the second expedition. It is almost impossible to explain to laymen just how difficult it is to research in the deep sea. The fact that we know more about the surface of the Moon and Mars than our own sea and ocean floors should give you an idea (radar doesn't penetrate water so we can only use sonar).

Here's the current situation: We have exhausted the means available to us, given the technological limitations for deep-sea research, and the results failed to either prove or disprove the Cyprus theory. If human beings did once live around the purported Acropolis Hill, currently halfway between Cyprus and Syria, and made modifications to the anomalies already there in order to make it suitable for human habitation, we would not know about it. There is no way to find that out without the ability to "x-ray" large areas of the seafloor, to see what's under all the mud, and discover whether or not man-made structures are there. Narrow sonar beams that give us a foot-wide glimpse of what's under the mud, in a straight line as the sonar device is towed behind the ship, are not going to provide what is needed. The technology we have today is not up to par for the task at hand. Imagine how much energy would be needed to penetrate the mud in a sizable area, and give us a picture of what's under it. There are some other methods available but they are also quite expensive and not really suitable for the task.

There is no doubt in the minds of those involved in the project that Atlantis/Eden has indeed been discovered. It is there, between Cyprus and Syria, of this we are sure. The dozens upon dozens of perfect matches with the ancient world's detailed descriptions cannot be ignored, nor can they be coincidental. There is no other Atlantis theory which even remotely comes close to matching these descriptions, much less matching practically every one of them. It is unprecedented.

There is now, given our current technological means, only one way to inexpensively prove or disprove the theory. A "core sample" of the seabed from the rectangular valley could be analyzed to see when the area was last above water. To this date, not a single core sample of the deep-sea area between Cyprus and Syria has ever been taken or analyzed. When we hear scientists say that the Mediterranean was dry last about five million years ago, it should be kept in mind that these numbers come from core samples taken from completely unrelated areas, far away from the northeastern tip of the Mediterranean Sea where Atlantis/Eden was once above water. In other words, these numbers are based on guess work, not data. Until and unless the data itself comes in, the numbers are not based on scientific proof.

We will now have to await the next set of data, which may or may not come from our own work. Sooner or later these core samples will be taken, maybe by an oil company or some scientists doing unrelated research. New and as-of-yet undiscovered technologies and techniques are also destined to give us the means to see what lays under the mud in that region. There are several cities hidden under the mud, within that rectangular valley, and finding them is practically impossible for the time being, but we are certain that the only thing standing between us and their discovery is time itself. Plato will yet be vindicated...

Robert Sarmast
May 24, 2007

Majeston:
Divine Legacy

http://www.geocities.com/lanaforge/AdamEve.htm

People of all cultures grow up hearing of the mythical and heroic legends passed down by our ancient ancestors. Names like Adam and Eve, Venus, Aphrodite, Adonis, and Ishtar still echo here thousands of years after the civilizations that worshipped them faded from history. Some believe that virtually all of these heroes and heroines, and all their exploits and adventures are but the residue of our ancestor's fanciful imagination; they believe that reality is no more than we have been taught by the secular world. And yet, those who peak under the veil of illusion glimpse of things more magical and extraordinary than can be contained in the imagination of the blind. The mystery of life is not a thing of the past, it has only just begun.

After years of research, Adam and Eve have been conclusively identified in the Sumerian texts. Known as father Enki and "Mother Goddess" Ninhursag, these celestial beings made a tremendous impact on the history of our planet, Urantia, and their legend was perpetuated for thousands of years.

Only in this century have the majority of these epic tales been unearthed and translated, and the stories they tell and images they depict have the potential to turn the academic world on its head. The entire Mesopotamian region is filled with legends of "gods" who descended to Earth and gave mankind the gift of civilization. From agriculture to astronomy to religion, these "Anunnaki" ("those who from heaven to Earth came") races were accredited with practically every advancement in human culture and metaphysical, spiritual understanding. And these "myths" were powerful enough to perpetuate themselves not only throughout recorded history, but are alive and well in the minds and religions of present day races.

Our journey begins with an introduction to the hopeless quest of the secular world in their attempt to understand or properly translate the vast spiritual richness of these texts, found on clay tablets buried for thousands of years. A brief overview of some key words in the Sumerian tongue reveals a highly advanced understanding of metaphysics, and a remarkable similarity to the cosmology revealed in the Urantia Papers. 

Enki is known as the "water god," a god of fertility and creation. One of the key leads to the discovery of Adam's identity in Sumeria's confused mythological system was the fact that the word "ab" has a double meaning -- it means both water and semen. Therefore the traditional title of Enki as the water god is an assumption, since his title could also mean the "semen god," or what we would today call the genetic god. Adam was the genetic uplifter of all humanity.

One of the longest, best known, and well preserved epics found in the region is called "Enki And The World Order," and this Sumerian masterpiece is thoroughly covered in this presentation. The story of Enki and Ninhursag, as told thru this epic is nearly identical to the one given humanity through the Urantia revelation, and over thirty-five direct matches are provided as proof. 

From there we move on to the "Epic of Erra," another well known and enigmatic Sumerian tale describing the attack of the god Erakal (another name for Erra) upon the city of Marduk. The Urantia revelation identifies Marduk as none other than Adam, and Erra is known as the "chief god of the underworld." With this understanding this epic tale is explored, and again this war between Marduk and Erra is nearly identical to the attack wrought upon Adam and his mission by the sons of darkness, as told by the Urantia papers. This along with some translations of what the Sumerians of those days thought of these fallen spirits reveals a remarkable understanding of Earth's plight as understood by ancient men.

With an understanding of the basic Mesopotamian names used to identify celestial or divine beings, an amazing link is made to the Nebadon tongue, and eventually the meaning of the name "Michael" is revealed. From what we are told about the meaning of the word Imannuel in the papers, the name used by Uversa for the Paradise Father is also revealed.

The second half of the presentation goes on to trace the effect of the Adamic mission on peoples of all cultures and lands. From Ishtar and Tammuz, Inanna and Dumuzi, Isis and Osiris, Ashtaroth and Baal, and Aphrodite and Adonis we trace the legends, religions, and rituals created to remember and honor this divine couple around the world. With over fifty images this presentation will clarify the common source of all these "mythical" figures and trace them all back to Adam and Eve. Sources include the Bible, the Urantia Book, and many other texts and translations from ancient races.

A special analysis is made of the Mother Goddess mystery religions of Rome. Here she became Venus, Madonna, Cybele, and later Diana, and through the Vatican made an impact on the world like none other. Again this Roman religion is explored and directly linked with the ancient "Mother of God" cult that had its beginnings with the followers of Cain, in the land of Nod. 

And finally this amazing journey through time is projected to the future, with a brand new discovery made in the Urantia revelation concerning the imminent possibility of a Magisterial Son in the flesh on Urantia, along with twelve visible Melchizedek emergency Sons, to help guide humanity through the perilous and incredible transitions to come.

This lecture was taped in a professinal studio on April of 1999, in the city of Boulder, Colorado. 124 minutes  http://www.geocities.com/lanaforge/AdamEve.htm

Majeston:
Magisterial Missions
Behzad Sarmast
Boulder, CO

Thousands of years before the arrival of Michael on Urantia, Machiventa Melchizedek’s missionaries foretold of the impending arrival of a Paradise Son on Urantia.  Likewise did Van and his associates prepare the civilized world for the arrival of Adam and Eve, correctly discerning their imminent arrival.  History shows that such divine visitations are always foretold, and that heaven gives enough signs to “prepare the way” for such heavenly gifts – today is no different.

As our planet continues to tread the blind path of service to the self, and carry our race toward yet another age of secular madness and destruction, a new revelation has come to light the way of those who would abide by the Father’s will.  The Fifth Epochal Revelation in the form of the Urantia Papers has no shortage of prophecy regarding the impending events tied to the terminal judgment of our present age, and though the order of celestial visitations remains an unknown, there are enough clues given to facilitate the formulation of several distinct inevitabilities.

Yet again the world cries out for a Messiah who will fit the shape of their particular ideology, and put an end to their suffering.  Again we are confronted by what appears to be the “world crisis” referred to by Michael.  The purpose of this paper is not to uphold such theories, nor is it to reject them; rather the objective is to clearly define the “harvest” visitations as revealed through the Urantia Papers, whether it occurs tomorrow or a thousand years from now.

“But not often do these world princes fail in their missions of organizing and administering the inhabited spheres, and their success greatly facilitates the subsequent missions of the Material Sons, who come to engraft the higher forms of creature life on the primitive men of the worlds.  Their rule also does much to prepare the planets for the Paradise Sons of God, who subsequently come to judge the worlds and to inaugurate successive dispensations.” ( P. 573)

An Avonal Son of Paradise origin, often called a Magisterial Son, is the only order other than Michael himself who is authorized and capable of terminating one age and beginning another.  Urantia had the fortune of hosting our Creator Son on a bestowal mission.  In every way are these Avonals the equal of Michael in carrying out these bestowal missions; they are truly divine.

Regarding the “end of the age,” Jesus told us: “But the times of the reappearing of the Son of Man are known only in the councils of Paradise; not even the angels of heaven know when this will occur.  However, you should understand that, when this gospel of the kingdom shall have been proclaimed to all the world for the salvation of all peoples, and when the fullness of the age has come to pass, the Father will send you another dispensational bestowal, or else the Son of Man will return to adjudge the age.”  (P. 1915)

As only a Magisterial Son is capable of terminating a dispensation, Michael’s statement above states that at the point of harvest we are due a visit by either an Avonal Paradise Son or Michael himself.  There is simply no other order capable of performing such a function.  But the revelation, however subtle, repeats this same fact several times.

“We most positively believe that Michael will again come in person to Urantia, but we have not the slightest idea as to when or in what manner he may choose to come.  Will his second advent on earth be timed to occur in connection with the terminal judgment of this present age, either with or without the associated appearance of a Magisterial Son?” (P. 1919)

So we have repeated reference to the possibility of the arrival of a Magisterial Son, but with the quote above we may further infer that it could be Michael, a Magisterial Son, or both at the same time.

An Avonal Son performs three distinct and separate functions when visiting a planet for a judicial action.  “The arrival of a Paradise Avonal on an evolutionary world for the purpose of terminating a dispensation and of inaugurating a new era of planetary progression is not necessarily either a magisterial mission or a bestowal mission.  Magisterial missions sometimes, and bestowal missions always, are incarnations; that is, on such assignments the Avonals serve on a planet in material form – literally.  Their other visits are “technical,” and in this capacity an Avonal is not incarnated for planetary service.  If a Magisterial Son comes solely as a dispensational adjudicator, he arrives on a planet as a spiritual being, invisible to the material creatures of the realm.  Such technical visits occur repeatedly in the long history of an inhabited world.”  (P. 226)

This means that when the previous quotes told us about the possibility of a Magisterial Son visit, it could be any one of the three functions mentioned above.  However, since we have already had a bestowal son, Michael, this would only leave the “technical” visit, or a Magisterial mission, since each planet receives only one bestowal Son (born as an infant) during its career.  In other words, the prophecy about a magisterial visit can only come in the way of a technical visit or a magisterial mission.  The main difference between these two scenarios is all-important to us, because the former case only necessitates an Avonal to visit in an invisible form, while the latter demands an actual, visible incarnation by this Paradise Son – an incarnation like that of Machiventa.

In essence, all three of the Avonal missions are “judicial actions,” since in each case the sleepers are judged, and a new dispensation started.  Regarding the “technical” visits, however, we are told: “This era of light and life, inaugurated by the Teacher Sons at the conclusion of their final planetary mission, continues indefinitely on the inhabited worlds.  Each advancing stage of settled status may be segregated by the judicial actions of the Magisterial Sons into a succession of dispensations; but all such judicial actions are purely technical, in no way modifying the course of planetary events.”(P. 621) (Emphasis mine.)

So it would seem that these technical visits occur on planets that are progressing normally, since the government is in the hands of a loyal Prince and Material Son.  These technical visits are invisible to the mortals of the realm, apparently because the smooth operation of world affairs does not necessitate a magisterial mission in visible form.  We know this because the next dispensational visit for our planet would, by definition, be the harvest spoken of by Michael.  An Avonal, therefore, cannot visit in any form without major consequences for the mortals of the realm, since this visit would certainly “modify” the planetary affairs in every way possible. In other words, this visitation cannot be a “technical” visit because such visits do not “in any way modify” the planet, and we know that the harvest will modify our planet in every way imaginable.  Therefore, we are left only with the possibility of a Magisterial visit.

This conclusion is further supported by a direct quote from the revelation itself:  “Urantia may yet be visited by an Avonal commissioned to incarnate on a magisterial mission, but regarding the future appearance of Paradise Sons, not even “the angels in heaven know the time or manner of such visitations,”  for a Michael-bestowal world becomes the individual and personal ward of a Master Son and, as such, is wholly subject to his own plans and rulings.” (P. 227)

Notice that in the quote above we are told, directly, that we are due a”magisterial mission”, not a technical visit.  So it would appear that the end of this dispensation, whenever it should occur, would necessitate either the personal presence of Michael, or an Avonal Paradise Son on a Magisterial mission, or both.  These facts are confirmed directly by the revelation itself, with no other options given.

The reason for this careful dissection of the revelation regarding this topic is to be found here: “A planet may experience many magisterial visitations both before and after the appearance of a bestowal Son.  It may be visited many times by the same or other Avonals, acting as dispensational adjudicators, but such technical missions of judgment are neither bestowal nor magisterial, and the Avonals are never incarnated at such times.  Even when a planet is blessed with repeated magisterial missions, the Avonals do not always submit to mortal incarnation; and when they do serve in the likeness of mortal flesh, they always appear as adult beings of the realm; they are not born of woman.”  (P. 226) (Emphasis mine).

The quote above says that a planet may be visited by an Avonal Son on a Magisterial mission many times, but they do not always “submit to mortal incarnation.”  However, the “initial” visit has a different status:  “When the Paradise Avonals come to the mortal spheres on judicial actions, solely as dispensation adjudicators, they are never incarnated. But when they come on magisterial missions, at least the initial one, they are always incarnated, though they do not experience birth, neither do they die the death of the realm.” (P. 594) (Emphasis mine.)  

And, of course ..”Urantia has never been host to an Avonal Son on a magisterial mission.” (P. 227)

We are told here that should our world be visited by an Avonal Son prior to the arrival of Michael himself, he would be incarnated as a grown man and visible to all mortals of the realm.  With great precision, however subtle, the clues manage to one by one spell out a very clear scenario, or at least narrow down the field to a few solid inevitabilities.  These clues are found in different parts of the Urantia Papers, and they required careful analysis and meticulous magnification before the facts revealed themselves.  We are never told of this possibility directly, and yet, there it is.

“When a Creator Son enters upon the bestowal career on an evolutionary world, he goes alone; but when one of his Paradise brothers, an Avonal Son, enters upon a bestowal, he is accompanied by the Melchizedek supporters, twelve in number, who so efficiently contribute to the success of the bestowal mission.  They also support the Paradise Avonals on magisterial missions to the inhabited worlds, and in these assignments the Melchizedeks are visible to mortal eyes if the Avonal Son is also thus manifest.”  (P. 386)  (Emphasis mine.)

If we are to believe our eyes, what we are being told here is, that whenever the “terminal judgment” of this dispensation should occur, we are due a visit by either Michael himself or a “touchable” Avonal Paradise Son visibly on the planet, accompanied by twelve Melchizedek emergency Sons also visible to human eyes.

These twelve Melchizedeks are often referred to as the “Melchizedek receivers” in the Urantia Papers.  They replaced another twelve of their kind at the time of the planetary rebellion, and have been intimately connected with Urantia’s affairs ever since.  After the rebellion…”The affairs of Urantia were for a long time administered by a council of planetary receivers, twelve Melchizedeks, confirmed by the mandate of the senior constellation ruler, the Most High Father of Norlatiadek.”  (P. 759)  “The twelve Melchizedek receivers of Urantia did heroic work.   They preserved the remnants of civilization, and their planetary policies were faithfully executed by Van.” (P. 760)

These twelve effectively handed over the planetary government to Adam and Eve shortly after their arrival, and left Urantia for Jerusem.  After the default of our racial uplifters, these same twelve returned once more to Urantia and resumed their authority and jurisdiction. 

“Time passed, but Adam was not certain of the nature of their offense until seventy days after the default of Eve, when the Melchizedek receivers returned to Urantia and assumed jurisdiction over world affairs.”  (P. 844)  Roughly four thousand years ago, these twelve became once again instrumental in the direction of our planet, and proved their loyalty to both God and man.

“The twelve Melchizedek receivers knew of Michael’s impending bestowal on their planet, but they did not know how soon it would occur; therefore they convened in solemn council and petitioned the Most Highs of Edentia that some provision be made for maintaining the light of truth on Urantia…And it was in consequence of having been thrown so completely on their own resources that Machiventa Melchizedek, one of the twelve planetary receivers, volunteered to do that which had been done only six times in all the history of Nebadon: to personalize on earth as a temporary man of the realm, to bestow himself as an emergency Son of world ministry.” (P. 1014)

“During the years of Machiventa’s incarnation the Urantia Medchizedek receivers functioned as eleven.”  (P. 1024)

If the dispensational visit does include an Avonal Paradise Son on a magisterial mission, then the twelve Melchizedeks who we are told will accompany this Magisterial Son can be no other than our own Melchizedek receivers.  And if these twelve who are so versed in our planet’s history and affairs do accompany an Avonal Son, then Machiventa must also come visibly, since he is an integral part of the twelve.

This possibility is an amazing opportunity for the celestials, as well as for us.  In one strategic move the human race on Urantia could be visited by a Paradise Son on a magisterial mission, fully visible and in the flesh, accompanied by twelve visible Melchizedeks, one of them being our vicegerent Planetary Prince, Machiventa Melchizedek, and of course, possibly even Michael himself.

The harvest is not likely to be a calm period on Earth.  No mortal or groups of mortals can be expected to do much in the face of a belligerent planet plagued by total chaos – we will need much help and guidance.  And now we have the assurance that even if Michael does not come until after the beginning of the next dispensational era, there are other celestials, even divine beings, who will be here personally to help humanity cross that perilous bridge.

Go about your life, continue the labor Michael entrusted us with, but do not neglect to be wise and “discern the signs of the times.”  And if you believe that our global problems spell nothing less than the harvest spoken of by the Father incarnate, then know that aside from the “rapture” theory or a military recourse by Michael’s forces, this newest revelation is also foretelling a new possibility: a visible Paradise Son with twelve visible Melchizedeks, likely to contact the more progressive individuals of the realm prior to the judgment.

Behzad Sarmast was born in Iran, but he has lived in the United States for the last 22 years.  His deep thirst for the truth made him travel extensively around the world and study all religions, but the revelation finally brought him home.  He recently moved from Boulder, Colorado, to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page