Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 08:41:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Vote in Our Online Presidential Election

Poll
Question: Who is your choice for President/Vice President?  (Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 10:07:36 am)
Barack Obama/Joe Biden - 74 (73.3%)
John McCain/Sarah Palin - 15 (14.9%)
Bob Barr - 3 (3%)
Chuck Baldwin - 1 (1%)
Cynthia McKinney - 1 (1%)
Ralph Nader - 2 (2%)
Ron Paul - 4 (4%)
Write-In/None of the Above - 1 (1%)
Total Voters: 101

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote in Our Online Presidential Election  (Read 2490 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 05:19:51 pm »

I was thinking this morning about that crack you made Volitzer, that maybe Obama is the Messiah.  

What if he is?  The jews didn't accept Jesus as the Messiah either.  So what would be so horrible about that?  Jesus wasn't exactly a white man you know.  He's always depicted as such, but look where he lived.  In the middle of Arab country.  

And V.I.P.?  I'll just bet you wouldn't think so highly of J. McCain if you had served in the same platoon as him.  Thanks to his singing like a canary, the others all got tortured even worse.  I'll also bet none of those guys are voting for him.  There were thousands of soldiers who were tortured and died before singing for the enemy.  How does McCain stand up to that level of heroism?  Here they are, sticking together to say nothing, taking what the enemy handed out and then they're shown this tape of McCain spilling his guts.  How undermining is that?  It only takes one person to demoralize the rest, and undermine them all, so don't sing John McCain's praises to people who know better.  Find some of those who were there.  Ask them.

I can't understand why people don't investigate more on their own.

I would suspect you are probably over 50 years old and aren't in touch with what is going on this world.  If you were to travel in Europe, as a Canadain, you would find the most sought after souvineer is a Canadian lapel button because all the young generation of the Americans, are embarrassed to admit they're Americans overseas - because of the wars in Iraq and Afganistan that Pres. Bush has invoked on the rest of the world.  My daughter went to Europe and was constantly accosted by young Americans to sell her Canadian pins to them.  

The Afgan war is legitimate as Al Queda did attack the US.  However, G.W was more interested in settling the score for his father in Iraq and let Bin Laden slip through his fingers.  The Canadians and other troops of the world have had to help carry the war in Afganistan so I suspect that you are just a blowhard and do not know what you're talking about.  You should investigate Mr. McCain's war records.  We in Canada have no trouble accessing them and I'm sure if you wanted to know the truth, you could find out.  It takes more than crashing two planes to be able to say you're "experienced" enough to be president.  Just because a man served in the forces does not make him a hero, nor does it make him suitable to be president.  Most soldiers would die before they'd talk or give up information, but McCain sang like the weasel he is.  He has major attitude and needs a severe attitude adjustment.  He rants and raves how he has been tested - eh?  Yes, he's proved that he's not capable of being Commander in Chief as he would crumble and give in, as the video proves.  I remember when that video was aired and most Canadian did NOT see him as a hero.  It was John McCain first, country second then, and he is still that way.  It's all about John McCain, not what's good for the country.  I can't believe anyone would vote for such an empty, shallow, slimey individual.

The "Surge" that is being touted by McCain is NOT working.  If you'd read the news, from the American Generals to the English Generals to the Canadian Generals, all are of the same opinion.  The Surge is not working and never will.  But you're trying to tell us that McCain knows better than all these Generals who ARE battle experienced and are out in the field.  You're telling us people should sign up just to get killed in a war that the INTELLIGENT people are advising will never end.  They might as well step out in front of a bus, and save the army the trouble and expense of training them. 

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: