Atlantis Online
August 20, 2019, 01:04:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Vote in Our Online Presidential Election

Poll
Question: Who is your choice for President/Vice President?  (Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 10:07:36 am)
Barack Obama/Joe Biden - 74 (73.3%)
John McCain/Sarah Palin - 15 (14.9%)
Bob Barr - 3 (3%)
Chuck Baldwin - 1 (1%)
Cynthia McKinney - 1 (1%)
Ralph Nader - 2 (2%)
Ron Paul - 4 (4%)
Write-In/None of the Above - 1 (1%)
Total Voters: 101

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote in Our Online Presidential Election  (Read 851 times)
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 12:44:02 am »

I'm with "Sword of Damascus," I don't think I have ever seen such a lame gimmick for a campaign as "Joe the Plummer."

And all those dumb people cheering McCain on when he mentions him!  You can't tell me they are all making over 250k.  So, I guess, in essence they are cheering the fact that they are voting against a tax cut for themselves while the rich keep getting one.

And don't give me this crap that the tax cut will go the unemployed and the poor!  You have to work to pay taxes, it's a totally idiotic argument!
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 01:01:11 am »

Being a Canadian, and looking at it from the outside - I cannot imagine why anyone would vote for what has been termed a "good Republican".
From what I've seen, a "good Republican" has taken the American country from being a top nation in the world into poverty  - possibly creating a time in hardship equal to the great depression.  A "good Republican" has taken the American country into wars that were ill thought out, and based on unreliable information.  A "good Republican" has doled out millions of dollars to the very people who have caused the economic collapse and who then thumbed their noses at the American people by turning right around and squandering the money on frivolities.  Only in America, eh?

The world stage is set to receive Barack Obama and it will not only be the American Democrats that would be disappointed and ill used if McCain wins.  McCain does not seem to have any knowledge of diplomatic negotiating, he has no knowledge of the suffering of the middle class people - he has never had to want for anything, and thinks people are poor if they make under $500,000.00 a year.  How could he possibly have a clue what is good for the American people when he isn't one of them?  So he signed up in the forces.  So what?  Was he the only one?  There were thousands of people in the forces, some more tortured and maimed that McCain.  Was he a hero?  I don't think so.  He did his duty - yes - but a hero?  No.  The men that were captured along with him have a different story.  He talks about being a fighter pilot, when the Cuban missile crises developed.  To hear him talk, you'd think he was the only pilot out there.  Truth be told, he was just that - a pilot waiting for instructions that never came.  There was no mission.  So how does sitting in a plane on the sidelines, make him "experienced" enough to be a president?  From the information I've studied, he was second last in a class of over 400 pilots, barely making it.  He only flew two missions, and crashed the plane both times.  He broke his arms when he jumped from his plane, not from being tortured.  All the men were tortured that were captured, but he was the only one who "broke" and made a video for the enemy, saying he was a terrorist of the United States.  THIS all makes him experienced as a president?  The other men who were tortured received more torture after McCain made that tape, and I'll bet they aren't thanking him for it.  I'll bet some of those men would be a better candidate for the Presidency than McCain, but because they didn't have a mommiewarbucks to facilitate an expensive life in politics, they didn't get a chance.

Barack Obama was raised in poverty.  He has first hand knowledge of what it takes to work hard, to develop character, and when he finished his education, he used it to help those who were in the same position he was before.  He didn't become an elitist, he didn't stick his nose in the air, he didn't take the easy way when he got to the top.  He's genuine.  THAT's what the world sees in Obama. He's educated, he's diplomatic, he's sincere, he's gracious, he's a gentleman,  he cares.  He's genuine.  His excellent upbringing comes through big time.  His wife is the same.  Michelle is truly a lady.  They are the type of people who set an example for others to follow.  People see the sincerity, see the dedication, and are motivated to be more like them.  They are both excellent role models.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 01:12:45 am »

I would like to mention the Free Trade Agreement as well.  You Americans are lucky that you have the type of politics you do.  Us Canadians, weren't even informed that our Prime Minister was going to ram the Free Trade Agreement through until it was pretty much a 'done deal".  We didn't want it.  Only the rich wanted it, so it was put trough very quickly.  We the people, did not have a chance to hold a referendum on it, or have a say in it.  If Barack Obama wants to re-negotiate the Free Trade Agreement with Canada, we'll welcome the negotiations.  However, I'm afraid it won't be "we the people" negotiating.  I just hope that when the time comes, we have a leader that will listen to the people, not the elite, when he's doing the negotiating.

In case you're not aware of your Northern Neighbor, that war in Iraq you've got going, is costing US big time.  We don't have an army like yours, we've been cutting down on it for years and years.  Our forces are poorly equipped.  We're a disgrace in that arena, but we had to send troops to back our friend and neighbor in the South, so we did.  We too, have lost a lot of "soldiers" in your war. 

By the way, our gas is still over $5.00 a gallon, not only do we pay income tax, we pay a provincial tax on everything we buy, we pay a GST (Goods and Services Tax) on everything we buy, and now here in British Columbia, we have to pay a "carbon" tax on all our fuels as well.

Oh yeah - about our health care?  My husband and I pay $96.00 a month (that's for the two of us, not each) for coverage.  My husband has just had a major operation - a complete shoulder replacement surgery and there will be months of physiotherapy.  ALL of it is covered by our health care.  I phoned a clinic that has connections with the USA to see what it would cost if we were to get the operation done in the States.  My husband was in agony and I thought if we could afford it, we'd go over the border and do it in Washington.  Just the operation alone was going to be $50,000.00.  Then anything he used in the hospital was extra, all medicines would have been extra, and that's to say nothing of the physio afterwards.  Also, if anything went wrong afterwards, we would have to go back to the surgeon who did the operation, as no surgeon will touch another doctor's surgery.  So, we'd have had to pay for that as well.  Between the two of us, in our married life, we have had a number of operations.  All covered by our health care program.  There ARE things that are not covered by our system any more, like breast implants, cosmetic surgery and things that are of a beauty enhancement nature.  However, to buy supplemental health insurance is not as expensive as it is in the USA.  My cousin has lived in the States for most of her life.  She told me her and her husband pay $800.00 a month of health insurance.  I was stunned, shocked and incredulous.  Surely with the millions of people in America, SOMEONE can come up with a plan that would be more beneficial and cost effective for everyone. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:29:25 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 01:28:57 am »

I'm with "Sword of Damascus," I don't think I have ever seen such a lame gimmick for a campaign as "Joe the Plummer."

Joe the Plummer, isn't really a plummer? and he don't have a plumming licenes, I find that odd for someone to front themselves as a professional tradesman without creditentials. McCain more than likely paid off, and to campaign for him. I am quite sure Joe plummer isn't stumping out of the goodness of his heart. Joe plummer is on the McCain millionaire fat-cat money train slurpping the EXxon gravy bankroll.

I hope to Wanna work for NASA one day, but I dont go around publically fronting myself as a astronaut? 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:32:39 am by Keith Ranville » Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 01:34:04 am »

Not even his name is real.  Joe the Plumber's name is Sam or something.  He can't even tell the truth about his name and McCain thinks this is a bonus to his campaign?  Now he's got a publicist and I'll just bet that he demanded money to show up for McCain and when McCains people didn't pay up, he didn't show.  How can McCain possibly think that this bumbling idiot could be an asset to him?  Is he going to use him as a consultant if he's president? Poor you.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 04:03:35 am »

And all those dumb people cheering McCain on when he mentions him!  You can't tell me they are all making over 250k.  So, I guess, in essence they are cheering the fact that they are voting against a tax cut for themselves while the rich keep getting one.

And don't give me this crap that the tax cut will go the unemployed and the poor!  You have to work to pay taxes, it's a totally idiotic argument!

What's idiotic is the fact that the idiotic Americans never make the Bilderberg connection with the Republicans/Democrats/Federal-Reserve/CFR/Trialteral Commission/NWO.

By the way genius  Wink "plummer" is spelled PLUMBER

but I'm sure Obama will fix such problems in public education cuz he is the messiah !!!   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 04:08:12 am »

Joe the Plummer, isn't really a plummer? and he don't have a plumming licenes, I find that odd for someone to front themselves as a professional tradesman without creditentials. McCain more than likely paid off, and to campaign for him. I am quite sure Joe plummer isn't stumping out of the goodness of his heart. Joe plummer is on the McCain millionaire fat-cat money train slurpping the EXxon gravy bankroll.

I hope to Wanna work for NASA one day, but I dont go around publically fronting myself as a astronaut? 

PLUMBER /  CREDENTIALS

...and what will you do at NASA ?

Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 04:12:27 am »

Being a Canadian, and looking at it from the outside - I cannot imagine why anyone would vote for what has been termed a "good Republican".
From what I've seen, a "good Republican" has taken the American country from being a top nation in the world into poverty  - possibly creating a time in hardship equal to the great depression.  A "good Republican" has taken the American country into wars that were ill thought out, and based on unreliable information.  A "good Republican" has doled out millions of dollars to the very people who have caused the economic collapse and who then thumbed their noses at the American people by turning right around and squandering the money on frivolities.  Only in America, eh?

The world stage is set to receive Barack Obama and it will not only be the American Democrats that would be disappointed and ill used if McCain wins.  McCain does not seem to have any knowledge of diplomatic negotiating, he has no knowledge of the suffering of the middle class people - he has never had to want for anything, and thinks people are poor if they make under $500,000.00 a year.  How could he possibly have a clue what is good for the American people when he isn't one of them?  So he signed up in the forces.  So what?  Was he the only one?  There were thousands of people in the forces, some more tortured and maimed that McCain.  Was he a hero?  I don't think so.  He did his duty - yes - but a hero?  No.  The men that were captured along with him have a different story.  He talks about being a fighter pilot, when the Cuban missile crises developed.  To hear him talk, you'd think he was the only pilot out there.  Truth be told, he was just that - a pilot waiting for instructions that never came.  There was no mission.  So how does sitting in a plane on the sidelines, make him "experienced" enough to be a president?  From the information I've studied, he was second last in a class of over 400 pilots, barely making it.  He only flew two missions, and crashed the plane both times.  He broke his arms when he jumped from his plane, not from being tortured.  All the men were tortured that were captured, but he was the only one who "broke" and made a video for the enemy, saying he was a terrorist of the United States.  THIS all makes him experienced as a president?  The other men who were tortured received more torture after McCain made that tape, and I'll bet they aren't thanking him for it.  I'll bet some of those men would be a better candidate for the Presidency than McCain, but because they didn't have a mommiewarbucks to facilitate an expensive life in politics, they didn't get a chance.

Barack Obama was raised in poverty.  He has first hand knowledge of what it takes to work hard, to develop character, and when he finished his education, he used it to help those who were in the same position he was before.  He didn't become an elitist, he didn't stick his nose in the air, he didn't take the easy way when he got to the top.  He's genuine.  THAT's what the world sees in Obama. He's educated, he's diplomatic, he's sincere, he's gracious, he's a gentleman,  he cares.  He's genuine.  His excellent upbringing comes through big time.  His wife is the same.  Michelle is truly a lady.  They are the type of people who set an example for others to follow.  People see the sincerity, see the dedication, and are motivated to be more like them.  They are both excellent role models.

He's a CFR front-man who will do the Bilderbergers' bidding.

You've seen Star Wars and how Jedi mind tricks worked on the simple minded.

What we are seeing is an Illuminati mind trick working on the idiot public.
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 01:11:23 pm »

Thats my point the odds for me too work for NASA is nil, a pipe dream?

Joey plumper, is how his name should be spelled? he is hypothetical anyways.. I know a few tradesmen pipe fitters with there own licensed pluming crews, restoring pluming in new and old buildings and they take home nowhere near 250.ooo bucks annually.   Grin

Report Spam   Logged
V.I.P.

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 03:52:24 pm »

What's wrong with all of you??

Anyone who doesn't vote for John McCain us unpatriotic in my opinion! Johnny Mac fought and bled for his country, now it's America's turn to start doing some bleeding for him.  Probably a lot of liberals here who think they're too good to get drafted and serve in Iraq.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 05:19:51 pm »

I was thinking this morning about that crack you made Volitzer, that maybe Obama is the Messiah.  

What if he is?  The jews didn't accept Jesus as the Messiah either.  So what would be so horrible about that?  Jesus wasn't exactly a white man you know.  He's always depicted as such, but look where he lived.  In the middle of Arab country.  

And V.I.P.?  I'll just bet you wouldn't think so highly of J. McCain if you had served in the same platoon as him.  Thanks to his singing like a canary, the others all got tortured even worse.  I'll also bet none of those guys are voting for him.  There were thousands of soldiers who were tortured and died before singing for the enemy.  How does McCain stand up to that level of heroism?  Here they are, sticking together to say nothing, taking what the enemy handed out and then they're shown this tape of McCain spilling his guts.  How undermining is that?  It only takes one person to demoralize the rest, and undermine them all, so don't sing John McCain's praises to people who know better.  Find some of those who were there.  Ask them.

I can't understand why people don't investigate more on their own.

I would suspect you are probably over 50 years old and aren't in touch with what is going on this world.  If you were to travel in Europe, as a Canadain, you would find the most sought after souvineer is a Canadian lapel button because all the young generation of the Americans, are embarrassed to admit they're Americans overseas - because of the wars in Iraq and Afganistan that Pres. Bush has invoked on the rest of the world.  My daughter went to Europe and was constantly accosted by young Americans to sell her Canadian pins to them.  

The Afgan war is legitimate as Al Queda did attack the US.  However, G.W was more interested in settling the score for his father in Iraq and let Bin Laden slip through his fingers.  The Canadians and other troops of the world have had to help carry the war in Afganistan so I suspect that you are just a blowhard and do not know what you're talking about.  You should investigate Mr. McCain's war records.  We in Canada have no trouble accessing them and I'm sure if you wanted to know the truth, you could find out.  It takes more than crashing two planes to be able to say you're "experienced" enough to be president.  Just because a man served in the forces does not make him a hero, nor does it make him suitable to be president.  Most soldiers would die before they'd talk or give up information, but McCain sang like the weasel he is.  He has major attitude and needs a severe attitude adjustment.  He rants and raves how he has been tested - eh?  Yes, he's proved that he's not capable of being Commander in Chief as he would crumble and give in, as the video proves.  I remember when that video was aired and most Canadian did NOT see him as a hero.  It was John McCain first, country second then, and he is still that way.  It's all about John McCain, not what's good for the country.  I can't believe anyone would vote for such an empty, shallow, slimey individual.

The "Surge" that is being touted by McCain is NOT working.  If you'd read the news, from the American Generals to the English Generals to the Canadian Generals, all are of the same opinion.  The Surge is not working and never will.  But you're trying to tell us that McCain knows better than all these Generals who ARE battle experienced and are out in the field.  You're telling us people should sign up just to get killed in a war that the INTELLIGENT people are advising will never end.  They might as well step out in front of a bus, and save the army the trouble and expense of training them. 

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 06:15:55 pm »

I am in total agreement, Qoais, and I especially dislike the cavalier attitude that so many conservatives have towards the lives of our troops.  They seem to think they are a dispensable commodity there to protect the profits of the oil companies.

Equally, how is McCain supposed to have any cred when it comes to being supposedly a stronger Commander-in-Chief?  He supported Bush on everything and would like to even bomb more places than Bush.

He also doesn't understand the economy, has a hair trigger temper and has no respect for women's rights.  His pandering to the religious right is also cause for concern.  We don't need anymore zealots in the White House, Bush was bad enough.
Report Spam   Logged
the Hawk

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 09:05:25 pm »

For a strong American foreign policy that realizes the value of OIL in today's economy, vote McCain in '08.  Just say no to the surrender monkeys.
Report Spam   Logged
Orion of Deep West Texas

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 10:15:21 pm »

What a liberal electorate, WAKE UP, AMERICA!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 11:06:06 pm »

I was thinking this morning about that crack you made Volitzer, that maybe Obama is the Messiah.  

What if he is?  The jews didn't accept Jesus as the Messiah either.  So what would be so horrible about that?  Jesus wasn't exactly a white man you know.  He's always depicted as such, but look where he lived.  In the middle of Arab country.  

And V.I.P.?  I'll just bet you wouldn't think so highly of J. McCain if you had served in the same platoon as him.  Thanks to his singing like a canary, the others all got tortured even worse.  I'll also bet none of those guys are voting for him.  There were thousands of soldiers who were tortured and died before singing for the enemy.  How does McCain stand up to that level of heroism?  Here they are, sticking together to say nothing, taking what the enemy handed out and then they're shown this tape of McCain spilling his guts.  How undermining is that?  It only takes one person to demoralize the rest, and undermine them all, so don't sing John McCain's praises to people who know better.  Find some of those who were there.  Ask them.

I can't understand why people don't investigate more on their own.

I would suspect you are probably over 50 years old and aren't in touch with what is going on this world.  If you were to travel in Europe, as a Canadain, you would find the most sought after souvineer is a Canadian lapel button because all the young generation of the Americans, are embarrassed to admit they're Americans overseas - because of the wars in Iraq and Afganistan that Pres. Bush has invoked on the rest of the world.  My daughter went to Europe and was constantly accosted by young Americans to sell her Canadian pins to them.  

The Afgan war is legitimate as Al Queda did attack the US.  However, G.W was more interested in settling the score for his father in Iraq and let Bin Laden slip through his fingers.  The Canadians and other troops of the world have had to help carry the war in Afganistan so I suspect that you are just a blowhard and do not know what you're talking about.  You should investigate Mr. McCain's war records.  We in Canada have no trouble accessing them and I'm sure if you wanted to know the truth, you could find out.  It takes more than crashing two planes to be able to say you're "experienced" enough to be president.  Just because a man served in the forces does not make him a hero, nor does it make him suitable to be president.  Most soldiers would die before they'd talk or give up information, but McCain sang like the weasel he is.  He has major attitude and needs a severe attitude adjustment.  He rants and raves how he has been tested - eh?  Yes, he's proved that he's not capable of being Commander in Chief as he would crumble and give in, as the video proves.  I remember when that video was aired and most Canadian did NOT see him as a hero.  It was John McCain first, country second then, and he is still that way.  It's all about John McCain, not what's good for the country.  I can't believe anyone would vote for such an empty, shallow, slimey individual.

The "Surge" that is being touted by McCain is NOT working.  If you'd read the news, from the American Generals to the English Generals to the Canadian Generals, all are of the same opinion.  The Surge is not working and never will.  But you're trying to tell us that McCain knows better than all these Generals who ARE battle experienced and are out in the field.  You're telling us people should sign up just to get killed in a war that the INTELLIGENT people are advising will never end.  They might as well step out in front of a bus, and save the army the trouble and expense of training them. 

If you had bothered to investigate anything Chuck baldwin had said you would realize that he plans on pulling all military personnel from all locations and avoid all future un-declared and un-Constitutional wars.

Obama to my knowledge has made no claims.

Save your speeches for those voting Republican.

I have investigated on my own and Obama, McCain, and Biden, are all CFR members.

CFR members do the bidding of the Bilderbergers.

Why is the only thing you guys regard as evil is the KKK but not the CFR.

KKK = evil = end of political career

CFR = evil = ignored by liberals and idiot Americans and elected and trusted to office.

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: