Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:36:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

:::Beautiful Woman Month:::

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :::Beautiful Woman Month:::  (Read 931 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« on: May 28, 2007, 11:37:39 pm »

Did you know that it's Beautiful Women Month? Well, it is and that means you and me !!!   
Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her "beauty tips."   It was read at her funeral years later

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.  As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

If you share this with another woman, something good will happen ...
you will boost another woman's self esteem, and she will know that you care about her.

Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:37:39 am »

Rocky,

As I was reading this, it actually seems to work more for a woman to boost a guy's self-esteem, as opposed to women. In my travels, I have found that guys tend to need more encouragement.

With the exception of whiny women like Michelle, of course, who are hopeless.    Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:11:36 am »

Hi Pagan, you "Beautiful Woman",

"Beauty tips" would at first glance seem to be "male catchers" as most magazines who asked that type of question of her back in the day would have meant....  but her amazing spirit overcame such a mundane level of thinking.

I don't see your take on it.... although I do know that guys need encouragement, I just don't get the connection here.
Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 12:02:55 am »

Hi Rocky,

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

That applies (to me anyway) how the author believes the women should treat men, uppermost. We do agree - guys need encouragement.

As for the rest of the things prior to that line, they seem to apply more to the way women can appeal to men, with only one, "share your food with the hungry," being the only practical one. 

Course, Audrey was from the 1950's, so she probably was taught that the most important thing is to not offend people.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:15:29 am »

Audrey was a child in Holland during the Nazi occupation and horrors and was eating tulip bulbs to survive.  All my favorite work of hers was in the 60s... She was a "liberated" woman all right!   She had the most outstanding dignity and compassion.   
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 12:28:44 am »

Sure, Audrey had it rough in Holland during the Nazi occupation, and yes, she was talented and made some memorable films, I just don't find some of the advice very practical for this day and age:

speak words of kindness
seek out the good in people

Fine in theory, but how many people do that these days?
And how easy is it, to do..?  You mean if George Bush or Dick Cheney came calling, you'd seek out the good in them?

walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone

Again, not very practical.

let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day

Huh

Do you know where some kids hands have been??
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 12:37:10 am »

OK lady, keep your grim view....

"Fine in theory, but how many people do that these days?"

I do.
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 07:45:35 am »

Beautiful women month-

Mothers who care for their children.
Wives who love their families.
Women who are independent.
Women who can say whats on their mind.
And last but never least;

Women that are not bound to materialistic thinking....

In my eyes, if you have some or all of these qualities.
You are a beautiful woman!

One more quality that is often not reconized but should be.
A woman who can look beyond the cover to see what does matter about a person.
Which is an attactive quality. I won't mention any names on this because it seems to hold true for the majority.

By what I've read over the years from most of the women here, there is alot of beautiful women in this forum. Besides the women here, I have female friends who are beautiful for all of the above reasons.
 (Kiss  to the center knuckle)

Cheers!

As for Audrey, her heart was in the right place.
Then again, knowing how to love is different then loving.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:06:08 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:18:09 pm »

I admire Audrey Hepburn, too, Rockessence, have since I was a child.  It is hard these days to find a Hollywood star these days that is as charitable these days (though Angelina Jolie, in my opinion, makes a fine successor to her).  It is a shame that more people don't follow that same philosophy, it might make for a better world.

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:41 pm »

Just gotta say it again....!

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.  As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

Audrey Hepburn
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 08:57:27 am »

Sure, Audrey had it rough in Holland during the Nazi occupation, and yes, she was talented and made some memorable films, I just don't find some of the advice very practical for this day and age:

speak words of kindness
seek out the good in people

Fine in theory, but how many people do that these days?
And how easy is it, to do..?  You mean if George Bush or Dick Cheney came calling, you'd seek out the good in them?

walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone

Again, not very practical.

let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day

Huh

Do you know where some kids hands have been??

Grin Grin Grin

Pagan you are awesome. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 08:59:28 am »

I admire Audrey Hepburn, too, Rockessence, have since I was a child.  It is hard these days to find a Hollywood star these days that is as charitable these days (though Angelina Jolie, in my opinion, makes a fine successor to her).  It is a shame that more people don't follow that same philosophy, it might make for a better world.

All the best,

Europa

Joan Jett does a lot of charity work.  She doesn't get the notariety because she doesn't fit the "All American Girl" image magazines like to put out.
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 01:56:32 am »

Audrey Hepburn

Well, I'm, ba-a-a--ck!!

I was three and a half weeks at my mother's place, and was with her with my oldest brother as she spread her wings, lifted off and flew sweetly and quietly back to her life-between-lives... (I love you and bless you forever...)

I got to read the clippings of when she won the big prize as the top debater, and the other girl from her school's team winning 2nd, of all the high schools in the US in the early 30s!  50 years later, the boys were still sore about it!

I got to read her Bachelor's thesis from the mid-30s about the importance of recreation for urban children....

I got to see the pictures of the incredibly FOXY young woman caught by the camera with a look that would slay a lot of guys....

The pictures of a lovely woman in a halter-top and bluejeans in the High Sierras in 1940...gazing out across an endless vista of receding mountain ranges....

In the late 40s in Greece, on a rooftop with the family clustered around her, the masts of fishing-boats just visible a block away....

In 51 bathing me in a washtub in the dusty farm-yard in Montana....

Amazing to see this life....after celebrating at a big 90th birthday bash on May 5th, at her witty best, then letting her fly away, painlessly, less than a month later.

(I love you and bless you forever...)

The words of Audry Hepburn seem so apt in regards to my mother....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:01:55 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 02:12:14 am »

Welcome back, Rockessence, in my opinion,

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS AWESOME!!!
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 02:39:09 am »

HA HA!! Sweet......   Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: