Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 10:26:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

:::Beautiful Woman Month:::

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :::Beautiful Woman Month:::  (Read 979 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« on: June 23, 2007, 01:56:32 am »

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.  As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

Audrey Hepburn

Well, I'm, ba-a-a--ck!!

I was three and a half weeks at my mother's place, and was with her with my oldest brother as she spread her wings, lifted off and flew sweetly and quietly back to her life-between-lives... (I love you and bless you forever...)

I got to read the clippings of when she won the big prize as the top debater, and the other girl from her school's team winning 2nd, of all the high schools in the US in the early 30s!  50 years later, the boys were still sore about it!

I got to read her Bachelor's thesis from the mid-30s about the importance of recreation for urban children....

I got to see the pictures of the incredibly FOXY young woman caught by the camera with a look that would slay a lot of guys....

The pictures of a lovely woman in a halter-top and bluejeans in the High Sierras in 1940...gazing out across an endless vista of receding mountain ranges....

In the late 40s in Greece, on a rooftop with the family clustered around her, the masts of fishing-boats just visible a block away....

In 51 bathing me in a washtub in the dusty farm-yard in Montana....

Amazing to see this life....after celebrating at a big 90th birthday bash on May 5th, at her witty best, then letting her fly away, painlessly, less than a month later.

(I love you and bless you forever...)

The words of Audry Hepburn seem so apt in regards to my mother....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:01:55 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: