Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:53:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Conservative Talk Radio Host Endorses Obama

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conservative Talk Radio Host Endorses Obama  (Read 89 times)
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: October 18, 2008, 04:40:35 am »

Conservative Talk Radio Host Endorses Obama

On Friday, two dependable conservative organs backed Democrat Barack Obama for president.

First, Philadelphia talk radio host Michael Smerconish:

On his talk show on WPHT today, conservative Philadelphian Michael Smerconish endorsed Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

Smerconish did so by reading a couple paragraphs from his pending op-ed in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"I've decided," he said. "My conclusion comes after reading the candidates' memoirs and campaign platforms, attending both party conventions, interviewing both men multiple times, and watching all primary and general election debates.

"John McCain is an honorable man who has served his country well. But he will not get my vote. For the first time since registering as a Republican 28 years ago, I'm voting for a Democrat for president.
"I may have been an appointee in the George H.W. Bush administration, and master of ceremonies for George W. Bush in 2004, but last Saturday I stood amidst the crowd at an Obama event in North Philadelphia," says the Republican.

Then, the Chicago Tribune, a newspaper that has not endorsed a Democrat for president since it was founded in 1847, followed suit. From their editorial:

Many Americans say they're uneasy about Obama. He's pretty new to them.

We can provide some assurance. We have known Obama since he entered politics a dozen years ago. We have watched him, worked with him, argued with him as he rose from an effective state senator to an inspiring U.S. senator to the Democratic Party's nominee for president.

We have tremendous confidence in his intellectual rigor, his moral compass and his ability to make sound, thoughtful, careful decisions. He is ready.

It may have seemed audacious for Obama to start his campaign in Springfield, invoking Lincoln. We think, given the opportunity to hold this nation's most powerful office, he will prove it wasn't so audacious after all. We are proud to add Barack Obama's name to Lincoln's in the list of people the Tribune has endorsed for president of the United States.

According to Editor & Publisher, Obama now has a 3 to 1 lead over McCain in newspaper endorsements -- 51 newspapers with a total 6,299,363 daily circulation. At least seven of those papers endorsed President Bush in 2004.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:42:44 am by Lisa Wolfe » Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:24:54 pm »

Of course they are both paid off by the Bilderbergers.  Duh !!!   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:25:47 am »

This is another big pick-up for  Obama, see, he inspires people, unlike other politicians who just try to scare them!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 02:51:24 am »

This is another big pick-up for  Obama, see, he inspires people, unlike other politicians who just try to scare them!   Smiley

Inspires people with what ??

Empty speeches !!!!

Does he have a plan with the economy ?

What about the un-Constitutional income taxes ?

How about the Federal-Reserve ?

All the un-Constitutional wars we are fighting right now ?

Education reform ?

The New World Order ?

What is his position on anything that would give anyone hope ??

Surely not his voting record.

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com

http://www.baldwin08.com
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 02:57:37 am »

All Obama is is the liberals' Rocky Balboa !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqfhK00ZlRA&feature=related

All show and no go !!!

All style and no substance !!!

Is your anterior cingulate cortex working ??
Report Spam   Logged
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:50:01 am »

He has positions on all the things you mentioned, and if you don't know what they are by now, Volitzer, all that means is that you were too lazy to watch any of the debates.

Did you watch any of them, or did you simply sit around sulking cause third party candidates weren't invited?

And those "knowbeforeyouvote" websites are simply right wing propaganda sites so don't hand us that.
Report Spam   Logged
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 03:51:07 am »

Smerconish actually is a big pick-up, it is hard to find a conservative that will support a Democrat, most are too in love with their tax cuts! 
Report Spam   Logged
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 11:53:22 am »

Michael Smerconish
Posted October 19, 2008 | 10:10 AM
I've Decided....

I've decided.

My conclusion comes after reading the candidates' memoirs and campaign platforms, attending both party conventions, interviewing both men multiple times, and watching all primary and general-election debates.

John McCain is an honorable man who has served his country well. But he will not get my vote. For the first time since registering as a Republican 28 years ago, I'm voting for a Democrat for president. I may have been an appointee in the George H.W. Bush administration, and master of ceremonies for George W. Bush in 2004, but last Saturday I stood amid the crowd at an Obama event in North Philadelphia.

Five considerations have moved me:

Terrorism. The candidates disagree as to where to prosecute the war against Islamic fundamentalists. Barack Obama is correct in saying the front line in that battle is not Iraq, it's the Afghan-Pakistan border. Osama bin Laden crossed that border from Tora Bora in December 2001, and we stopped pursuit. The Bush administration outsourced the hunt for bin Laden and instead invaded Iraq.

No one in Iraq caused the death of 3,000 Americans on 9/11. Our invasion was based on a false predicate, so we have no business being there, regardless of whether the surge is working. Our focus must be the tribal-ruled FATA region in Pakistan. Only recently has our military engaged al-Qaeda there in operations that mirror those Obama was ridiculed for recommending in August 2007.

Last spring, Obama told me: "It's not that I was opposed to war [in Iraq]. It's that I felt we had a war that we had not finished." Even Sen. Joe Lieberman conceded to me last Friday that "the headquarters of our opposition, our enemies today" is the FATA.

Economy. We face economic problems that are incomprehensible to most Americans, certainly they are to me. This is a time to covet intellect, and that begins at the top. Jack Bogle, the legendary founder of the Vanguard Group, told me recently that McCain's assertion that the fundamentals of the economy were "strong" was the "stupidest statement of 2008." In light of the unprecedented volatility in the market, who can dispute Bogle's characterization and the lack of understanding that McCain's assessment portends?

VP. I opined here that Sarah Palin demonstrated the capacity to be president in her speech to the Republican convention. Sadly, there has been no further exhibition of her abilities, and she remains an unknown quantity. We are left questioning the judgment of a candidate who bypassed his reported preferred choices, Lieberman and former Gov. Tom Ridge, and instead yielded to the whims of the periphery of his party. With two wars and a crumbling economy, Palin is too big of a risk to be a heartbeat away from a presidency held by a 72-year-old man who has battled melanoma. Advantage Joe Biden.

Opportunity. In a speech delivered on Father's Day, Obama lamented that too many fathers are missing from the lives of too many children and mothers. Look no further than Philadelphia for proof that the nation has a fatherhood problem at the root of its firearms crisis. And no demographic is affected by this confluence of factors like the black community. Among the many elements needed to address this crisis are role models, individuals whom urban youth can aspire to emulate. Little more than a year ago, Charles Barkley told me: "I want young black kids to see Barack on television every day. . . . We need to see more blacks who are intelligent, articulate, and who carry themselves with great dignity." Obama can be that man.

Hope. Wednesday morning will come and an Obama presidency holds the greatest chance for unifying us here at home and restoring our prestige around the globe. The campaigns have foretold the kind of presidency we can expect from each candidate. Last Friday in Lakeville, Minn., McCain himself had to explain to a supporter who was "scared" of an Obama presidency that those fears were unfounded. Another told McCain that Obama was untrustworthy because he is an "Arab." Those exchanges were a predictable byproduct of ads against Obama featuring tag lines such as "Too Risky for America" and "Dangerous," and a failure to rein in individuals at McCain events who highlighted Obama's middle name, all against a background of Internet lore.

Last Saturday at Progress Plaza, I heard Obama say: "The American people aren't looking for somebody to divide this country; the American people are looking for someone to lead this country."

This originally appeared in the Philadelphia Inquirer

Barack Obama
I've decided. My conclusion comes after reading the candidates' memoirs and campaign platforms, attending both party conventions, interviewing both men multiple times, and watching all primary and ge...
I've decided. My conclusion comes after reading the candidates' memoirs and campaign platforms, attending both party conventions, interviewing both men multiple times, and watching all primary and ge...
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 12:44:16 pm »

Limbaugh supported Hillary.

So who cares what Bilderberg media pawns think.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: