Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:07:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

\m/~ What is the nicest thing someone at this forum ever said to you?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: \m/~ What is the nicest thing someone at this forum ever said to you?  (Read 2144 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« on: September 28, 2008, 08:47:19 am »

And that is why I cherish my friends most of all for they remind me of the things that human beings can be.  The major problem with that is that there are too few that have those good qualities. 

In fact, I cherish many of you -

Harry (Herefornow) for his unwavering optimism. Don't let the naysayers of this or any forum attack your better qualities.  Most who do so are an unhappy lot and they would like to make you as jaded as they are, ideally.

Trent - your loyalty and friendship have been a much needed anchor in my life.  God bless you, for always.

Veronica - what can I say, dear? You are the soul of understanding.

Aristotle - your wisdom is only matched by your empathy.

Anassa - the most spiritual person I have ever "met."  I will never reach the level of comprehension that you have achieved.

Rockessence - the same can be said for you, many people tend to wallow in a pointless existence, yours has always seemed to be blessed with such purpose.

Bianca - you are so blessfully driven.  You know more about ancient history and are so inspired by so many things that the whole of Atlantis Rising cannot match you. 

There are many others I could mention, I could go on all night if I wanted to. 

When the world is running down, and our lives are less than we would like them to be, we must make the best of the things that give us meaning.  This, and all of you, still mean something to me.  Be assured of that for always.

Cheers,

Dawn

--------------------
http://myspace.com/oharry1

Bianca has said so many nice things to me that it would take me hours to find it all. As she has been with everyone here.

Rockessence has always kept me honest and encouraged me to consider the maturity level I should be focasing on.

Jennie, Stacy, and Desiree all have inspired me to keep going. They get me talking.

Trent is the kind of guy that I could probably hang out with and talk to about everything.
I've considered Both him and Volitzer friends from the beginning and I'm here for ya guys......

And I am going to need some time to come up with some more statements that people have made about each other. Things that shows the friendships we all have established with one another over the years of simply posting to one another. Certain things aren't forgotten and it's a good thing to reflect on the kindness of others.

I encourage everyone to take just a moment of your time to ponder some of things you have read from this forum that made you feel good. Think of things that have made you smile.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:17:43 pm »

Thanks, HFN, I can see us hanging out together, too.

As for the things that Dawn said that you just printed above, I really can't think of any (she is a sweetie).  I think that part of the problem of that is that internet forums are basically places where people tend to relish disagreement, and to call attention to themselves.  Well, how do you do that best?  Pick a fight with someone, I guess.

I remember one fight that Dorian Gray picked with me over some stuff I printed about the Iraq War.  Now, most people are against the Iraq War, so you aren't going to score any points with anyone by agreeing with them over it.  Equally, you will find very few people around still thinking it was a good idea.  So what do you do with that to draw attention to yourself?  Tell them that the stuff they printed was boring and you didn't want to read it in the first place! 

No intelligent arguments raised, no disputing the veracity of said material, just bitching about it.

That is one of the reasons I am glad that I am no longer at AR:  for the most part, it is basically trollishness' for trollishness' sakes.
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:38:04 pm »

Sweety, there have been so many nice things that people have said about me in the forums that I don't quite know where to begin!

Oh, wait a minute, you meant "nice" things, not racy things.  If it were racy stuff, I would have everyone beat.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:32 am »

Does anyone ever say anything to each other on the internet forums?

I got some good advice from Merlin one time regarding a girl, other than that, it has been a lot of fighting with conservatives over to what degree their boy Bush sucks.
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:01:21 am »

The nicest thing that anyone ever said to me at the forum was actually outside the forum. I struck up a correspondence with Ulf, who actually invited me over to stay with his family in Germany when I went to Europe.  That was a really nice gesture, and Ulf was always the consummate gentleman. The Atlantis forums have lost a lot since he has been gone.

I also encouraged Erick Wright to go to the Milos proceedings, where he presented his theories, met Ulf and all the other researchers.  He credited me with letting him know about that and I am glad that I played some small part in giving his research a boost.

Other than that?  Gee, I don't know, I have usually learned the forums as a chance to learn more than anything else.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:22:54 pm »

Trent- I have something regaurding the DRURY cemetary in Girard PA.....
If you get the chance research the place.

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 06:25:05 pm »

Sweety, there have been so many nice things that people have said about me in the forums that I don't quite know where to begin!

Oh, wait a minute, you meant "nice" things, not racy things.  If it were racy stuff, I would have everyone beat.  Smiley

Pagan, I have always admired your honest, point blank approach.
You've made me laugh out loud a few times. I agree that you deserve more credit then you have been given.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 06:28:03 pm »

How are you Tina? Wow it's great to hear from you. How have you been?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 06:34:56 pm »

Does anyone ever say anything to each other on the internet forums?

I got some good advice from Merlin one time regarding a girl, other than that, it has been a lot of fighting with conservatives over to what degree their boy Bush sucks.

Oh I've seen a fair share of trolls in topics like this.
Ideally, I have been avoiding conflict.
As soon as the fighting starts I avoid the topic....

Trevor- I'm more about the good in people.
I't s great to hear from you again too...
Wow, feels like a reunion around here.  LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 12:34:12 am »

I've had people say lots of nice things to me in the forum.  Back when Curt and I were having problems, I got help from a lot of people as to how to deal with them.  For the record, I would like to again thank Aristotle, Dawn, Anassa, Absonite, Ren, Bluducky, Veronica, Jennifer, Ishtar, Trevor among many, many others for their help to me in that time.  Guys, you are the greatest.

I also met some mean people, too, Calvin, Norman and Pagan, but I guess some people just have to be that way.  It's the capacity for good and bad in people that makes them so fascinating, I guess.  =Some times the meanest people will surprise you with their kindness, while people you may have expected more from sometimes aren't there at all.  That is life, I guess.

The main thing you learn from things is that everyone more or less goes through the same struggles and that we are not alone.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 04:17:41 am »

Michelle is that really you?  LOL
(kiddin)

OMG hello...
How are you?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 04:22:43 am »

I do remember the situation at that time.
Alot of that content was in the origions of love thread I beleive.

I to bared my soul there about how I was feeling.
We aren't all that different.
I just hope that in your case, you found an answer to all of your questions.
I'm still in limbo on some things. However, those who know me will tell you that I'm in my element when that happens.....
LOL

Anyhow, it's great to see you again Michelle....
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 07:57:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 02:27:22 am »

Yeah, Pagan really gave Michelle a hard time at the forum. That is a perfect case of what happens when someone bare their soul at the forum, then gets ridiculed for it.  Maybe a reason why you need to keep some of that stuff private? 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: