Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:15:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

\m/~ What is the nicest thing someone at this forum ever said to you?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: \m/~ What is the nicest thing someone at this forum ever said to you?  (Read 2154 times)
Trent
Superhero Member

« on: September 28, 2008, 10:17:43 pm »

Thanks, HFN, I can see us hanging out together, too.

As for the things that Dawn said that you just printed above, I really can't think of any (she is a sweetie).  I think that part of the problem of that is that internet forums are basically places where people tend to relish disagreement, and to call attention to themselves.  Well, how do you do that best?  Pick a fight with someone, I guess.

I remember one fight that Dorian Gray picked with me over some stuff I printed about the Iraq War.  Now, most people are against the Iraq War, so you aren't going to score any points with anyone by agreeing with them over it.  Equally, you will find very few people around still thinking it was a good idea.  So what do you do with that to draw attention to yourself?  Tell them that the stuff they printed was boring and you didn't want to read it in the first place! 

No intelligent arguments raised, no disputing the veracity of said material, just bitching about it.

That is one of the reasons I am glad that I am no longer at AR:  for the most part, it is basically trollishness' for trollishness' sakes.
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: