Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 11:37:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild backs McCain because sees Obama as "elitist"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild backs McCain because sees Obama as "elitist"  (Read 667 times)
Roxanne Karstenetti

« on: September 18, 2008, 12:34:53 am »

McCain supporter Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild thinks poor Indians are buying Estee Lauder lipstick
John Aravosis (DC) · 9/17/2008 11:10:00 AM ET · Link
43 Comments · reddit · FARK · Digg It!  · Stumble It!

Gee, John McCain suddenly befriending a "sparkly blond" worth $100 million. Haven't we read this story before?

This is the Hillary fundraiser who is now supporting McCain, and McCain is touting it as a sign of - a sign of - what exactly? The best person John McCain could find to deliver a middle class message to Americans was some rich "lady," literally, with a "de" in her name - not to mention a "Rothschild". I guess to the McCains, having a title and $100 million makes you middle class. Ben at Politico points out the irony of John McCain's latest celebrity endorsement:
Lynn Forester de Rothschild has said she thinks Democratic nominee Barack Obama is arrogant and has a problem connecting with average Americans.

Rothschild is a member of the DNC's Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York.
And here's a great quote from her talking about why she's investing in India instead of America. Apparently all the Indians want to buy Estee Lauder and Starbucks. They're not quite at Chanel, yet, according to Lady de Rothschild, but a poor untouchable can dream.
On why she's investing in India: "You know, there are more billionaires in India than anyplace else. Let me put it this way: Every day in India, the entire nation of Great Britain is on the train, one way or another. So the numbers are pretty colossal. Seventy million people in India can afford anything they want. It's a small percent, but that's a reasonable number. Two hundred fifty million are middle-class, so you might not go for the Chanel glasses, but you sure could go for an Estée Lauder lipstick or a Starbucks coffee."
Speaking of our Lady of Rothschild's keen sense of what average Americans are like, how cool is it that her husband is named Evelyn? Imagine regular-guy Evelyn hitting the truck stops along Route 66 for John McCain. "Hi, I'm Evelyn, what's your name?" Oh the fun.

Oh, and here's a quote from Lady De that I don't think John McCain will be mentioning today:
I think if history is our guide, we've had stronger economies, more wealth creation, under Democratic presidents than we have under Republican presidents. So I don't understand why all my capitalist friends aren't Democrats.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:00:51 am »

Duh !!!! a Rothchild/Warburg or Rockefeller relative supporting a Bilderberg candidate.

Come on if people aint making the NWO connection they deserve a free trip to the FEMA Camps.
Report Spam   Logged
Brendon Webb

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:07:10 am »

The Rothschilds are well known racists, it's no wonder they support McCain.
Report Spam   Logged
Brendon Webb

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:09:49 am »

Seth Colter Walls
walls@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting From DC

Why A Hillraiser Bolted Ranks For McCain
September 17, 2008 04:07 PM

The news that Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild -- a prominent supporter of both Clintons who raised millions of dollars for Democrats over the years -- has decided to back John McCain in November sent a small ripple throughout Washington on Wednesday.
But to top aides for Sen. Clinton and other party fundraisers, it wasn't a surprise. A former Clinton staffer tells the Huffington Post that a full on persuasion campaign was waged early this week, with Clinton die-hards essentially begging the multi-millionaire donor and member of the DNC platform committee not to buck her party's nominee.
At her McCain-Palin sponsored press conference Wednesday, Rothschild denied that she had heard from Hillary Clinton at all about her impending choice. While technically true, the source said there's no way Rothschild doesn't know how Clinton feels. "Hillary's top people begged her not to do this," the source said, "and she took their calls."
The consequences of the break between Rothschild and her preferred Democratic candidate back during the primaries could be stark. "If Obama loses, what is Lynn going to do in 2012? Campaign against McCain?" the source asked. "It doesn't make any sense. ... Clinton can take her money, because everyone takes Republican money. But after November, she can't work on any of the things she cares about, like caucus reform," the source noted. "Will she get a big position [with Hillary]? No."
While the Obama campaign had no official response, another well-placed Democrat from outside the Clinton camp openly mocked Rothschild's move. "The Duke of York already had plans, so Lady de Rothschild was the next most important endorsement to reassure working Americans during the economic crisis," the Democrat told the Huffington Post, jabbing Rothschild's complaint that Obama strikes too "elitist" a tone for average Americans.
The Democratic source also noted a 2007 interview with Rothschild, in which she said that "we've had stronger economies, more wealth creation, under Democratic presidents than we have under Republican presidents."
The implication, of course, is that Rothschild just really really hates Obama more than she supports McCain. When asked today if her move was a personal swipe at Obama, Rothschild denied it was about personalities. She touted McCain's leadership on global warming while ignoring Palin's statements disputing the fact that the situation is man-made. All Rothschild had to say about Palin was that "she's pretty cool," and that she was happy that the Republicans had nominated a woman. And while Rothschild reiterated her pro-choice beliefs, she said that abortion was being used as "a noose" around the necks of women voters.
I'd spoken to Rothschild over the phone for several stories during the past few months -- along with other prominent Clinton "Hillraisers" who were somewhat skittish about backing Obama. Based on those encounters, I had a few questions for her today, the answers to which suggested that her support for McCain was less than entirely thought-through at an ideological level.
Rothschild once told me that if she were to ever support McCain, it would be "more in sadness than in anger." Today, however, she touted her "enthusiastic support" for the McCain-Palin ticket during her press conference. When I asked her whether she still held onto any of that former sadness, Rothschild looked taken aback and said she was sad about the Democratic Party in general, as led by Howard Dean and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Another of Rothschild's top issues during the primary was the "one person, one vote" mantra familiar to many Clinton supporters. In fact, Rothschild emailed me personally on several occasions to talk about caucus reform, describing herself as "ashamed" when the Democratic platform committee denied an amendment she supported that spelled out a firm commitment to voting rights in the primary process.
Today, when I asked Rothschild whether she would use her new influence in the McCain camp to look into charges of GOP voter suppression in Michigan, Wisconsin and Mississippi, Rothschild again looked unprepared, rocked back on her heels, and said she'd have to look into the issues more fully. "You've really done your research," she said.
After the press conference, during an elevator ride with Rothschild and some McCain aides who were, apparently, staffing her, I offered that while I wasn't surprised to see her supporting McCain, I was surprised to see her taking such a public role as a surrogate.
(At the opening of the press conference, McCain campaign workers passed out Rothschild's impressive bio as the CEO of various companies and as a law school graduate of Columbia. And with former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina purportedly thrown under McCain's bus for her recent gaffes, it appears there would be an opening for a new female executive out on the trail.)
"Me too," she said. "Isn't this an interesting election season? And we thought it was going to be boring."
"When did you think that?" I asked.
"Oh, last year," Rothschild replied. "And that's probably the reason why Hillary Clinton won't be president," she added ruefully, before laughing at the mistaken hubris of the Clinton campaign's onetime "inevitability."
The GOP operatives with us in the elevator managed a few light chuckles through tight, nervous grimaces -- the beginning of a very odd partnership.

Report Spam   Logged
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:33:01 am »

New McCainiac Rothschild Weighs In On "Rednecks"
September 17, 2008 09:28 PM

After coming out as a Democrat for John McCain earlier in the day, Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild made her first slip as a surrogate during a CNN appearance on Wednesday. In deflecting a question about whether or not she was bitter over Clinton's loss in the primary, the new McCain surrogate pivoted to a discussion of Barack Obama's notorious "bitter" remarks, but added a twist of her own -- describing the small-town voters Obama was talking about as "rednecks."

"Barack Obama went and called the people who have guns and cling to their religion bitter. The people out who are the rednecks or whatever are bitter," Rothschild told CNN's Campbell Brown. "If bitter is the easiest way for you to rationalize that, I truly with all my heart believe that John McCain will be a great president, then call me bitter. But it doesn't really advance the dialogue, Campbell, sorry."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/17/new-mccainiac-rothschild_n_127312.html

What also may not advance the dialogue for McCain's campaign is the too-casual (and potentially insulting) use of slang to describe small-town voters. Though Obama was tagged for seeming to slight the beliefs of the citizens he was talking about, he was never accused of condescending to the level of using the phrase "rednecks" to describe them.

It could also be that Rothschild was clumsily trying to paraphrase Obama's old remarks. But that explanation is also problematic, since Obama never used the word in the first place.

Requests for a response from an Obama rep went unreturned. But if the multi-millionaire Rothschild becomes a frequent surrogate for McCain -- and should she continue to argue that Obama is unforgivably elitist in his own tone -- slips of this nature will likely not go unremarked upon for long.

Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 12:30:47 pm »

The Rothschilds are well known racists, it's no wonder they support McCain.

You're probably right.  Didn't Hillary claim she was supported by white Americans?  I don't know if I can trust those Clintons.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: