Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:23:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

gudgeonville bridge

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gudgeonville bridge  (Read 534 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« on: September 15, 2008, 08:00:36 pm »

The Gudgeonville Bridge

This Legend is more than just another ghost story, for some its real.

Lets take a Trip to west Erie County just south of Fairview to Elk creek. There along the banks the stream meanders peacefully through a Gorge. As the hill steepness and curves you see a vision out of The past a covered bridge, Rickety and overborne, timbers of Undeterminable age. The rut of wagon wheel and car tires, well Worn into its floorboards.

The Gudgeonville Bridge. Built in 1868 between Beckman and Francis Road in a valley over looking a gorge known as Devil’s Punch Bowl. It is said at night when conditions are right; the Babbling of elk creek keeps a constant groan, accompanied by the Rustling of leaves, and the twinkle of moonlight are barely visible On the top of the ancient bridge.

But listen Carefully and you’ll hear another sound. The sound of hoof Beat echoing through the woods closer coming your way. Soon on The wooden floor of the bridge you can hear it. A horseman riding At a frantic pace, you hear it come closer to you. Out of the darkness you see a black Morgan Horse, a touch of white on its nose, and it’s eyes glowing with a Demonic glare. astride the form of a man. You look and the Horseman has no Head!

Laugh if you will but this has Been reported as far back as 1900, over and over again. Over the Years not just one or two sightings, but dozens all with the same Story. The frantic hoof beats, glowing red eyes of the steed, and a headless horseman that vanishes into night.

Another version of this tale, is about a man on his way to Meadville from Fairview. Some one must have given him wrong direction for him to end up going down this old road. When his mule stopped on the covered bridge, supposedly spooked from the music played on a barge passing underneath the bridge. The mule refused to move and some say it died of a heart attack right there on the spot. Others however say the man picked up a stick and began to beat the mule to death. The man walked home to get a horse and cart to carry the carcass of the mule home. The next day the mule’s body was gone without a trace. They say you can still hear the screams of the mule in Gorge, as it is beaten to death.

I'm going on an investigation here with APG and L.E.A.P.S on sept. 22.
James (founder) of APG just invited me on the phone to attend this investigation.
Both teams are based out of Erie PA and have done countless investigations finding some hair raising evidences in this area.

I will be posting photos On both my ParanormalIam Network page and here.
 Smiley Finally, some productive investigating will be done.
As for me joining APG?

Let's just say it's looking really good right now....
More on this will be coming soon.

Until then:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=109982488

I have both groups on the very top of my friends list on my sight.
Check them out.....

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:24:28 pm »

This sounds interesting Here for Now I am truly jealous I hope you find some intriging best evidence I enjoy a good mystery hunt?
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:37:21 pm »

Keith if I would have gotten more notice on this I would have invited you.
However, I was just invited out of the blue on this myself.

I'll be posting the progress either way my friend.
I just wish the forum had more activity going on.
I'm curious about who else is in this are that belongs to the forum besides Kaosmonst3r and dark01.
That is also into paranormal subjects.

I've been waiting to meet paranormal groups in this Area for a few years now and I was able to track down and unite them using the old networking system.
Perhaps there are people in your area that are actively investigating the paranormal....

I got lucky!!!
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:42:55 pm »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=229980195

L.E.A.P.S.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=165274399

A.P.G.
Report Spam   Logged

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:57:11 pm »

Hi Here for now'

I am involved in a posible project right now? But I was wondering if there is a team or two that I can get involved with in the Vancouver B.C area, that I can be apart of I really would like to be apart of a paranormal investigation, this would be good for my mystery blog? so give me some Vancouver ghost hunting links and I will see if I can meet with them or something?

That bridge looks like its going to fall over? so a dead mule went missing wow was it well documented?   

Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 11:08:14 pm »

Hi here for now,

I contacted a few paranormal groups out here, so hopefully I will here back from them
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 10:08:18 am »

Hi Here for now'

I am involved in a posible project right now? But I was wondering if there is a team or two that I can get involved with in the Vancouver B.C area, that I can be apart of I really would like to be apart of a paranormal investigation, this would be good for my mystery blog? so give me some Vancouver ghost hunting links and I will see if I can meet with them or something?

That bridge looks like its going to fall over? so a dead mule went missing wow was it well documented?  

One suggestion is to start here............
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=393588491

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=124978447
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:23:19 am »

As far as that bridge falling over, it was built back in the mid-eighteen hundreds......
It is a relic in this part of the US.

As for the mule, I beleive that the story of a mule is bunk.
However, James has been going back and forth to this area over the last three years aquiring some great EVPs and infer-red evidence of some anomalies during that time.

He didn't go into any great detail on the phone, other then to say that he knows there are atleast 3 individual entities and they do wonder from the area if provoked negitively.......

He supposed to be calling me in a few days to set up a time we can meet to reveiw the latest evidences taken from the sight. Together with LEAPS I will also be researching the under-ground tunnels of Erie, PA....
Some were part of the underground rail road used in the day of slavery, and still others were rumored to be made by none other then the Free Masons. This project is something that I beleive James is also steering toward.

It's going to be a busy next few months as we prepare for this attempt to document the missing parts of Erie's rich history and it's claims of paranormal activity.
 Cheesy It's already been exciting for me to be a part of the feild work that we have discussed doing.

When we do get out there, it's not going to be just to gain evidence of hauntings for me.
It's about exposing those secret things about our city that no one else knew.
This is what makes it all so exciting to me. (May look into the Erie Art Museum)

Anyhow, try those links and let me know what transpires.
Good luck man.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:37:12 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:31:04 am »

In many ways I wish I was in your area. John Hutchison is a kind of hero to me and I would love to meet the guy some day.......

Hmmmm Wonder if he has a myspace page?   LOL
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:31:48 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 11:41:30 am »

Hi Here for now,

John Hutchison' I see him from time to time cruising around New Westminister in the odd blue moon and I chatted online with him some.

He has a interesting past? His levitating effects are empressive he is truly in the amazing business.  I can't wait till they make a movie about him, it'll probaly help for to pay for further experiments of his.

I'll take a look at the paranormal links later on' thanks for the heads up! 
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:25:49 pm »

I actually found his myspace page...
LOL

He accepted my request.  Smiley

Small world heh?
Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 09:02:59 pm »

Kool good stuff! Herefornow I wonder if he has a Facebook page?

A small world in a big universe?
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 05:24:50 am »

Well knowing the answers is one thing. It's asking the right questions that sometimes leads to the greater understanding. In my case it has never been about what I know. It's always been more about how I approach the situations.....

I used to talk to John H., a few years back in E-mails.
When you are smart enough to cold fuse wood and metal, you are definitely interesting to a person who is into things that our governments don't want us knowing.

It's one of the biggest reasons I'm into the subjects I am.

Cool I'm not affraid to explore the unknown, nor do I suppress it once I know.
Report Spam   Logged

Apparition from Beyond the Veil
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 12:48:37 am »

Well, PA has a lot of haunted places to it, I've heard that even Gettysburg has it's ghosts.  Much of New England is haunted by colonial ghosts, I doubt they would be very impressed with our modern day government.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »

Perhaps this is the answer of their unrest....

Things are going to continue down the yellow brick road as they will my friend.
It's those few that are willing to make a change for themselves that will endure.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: