Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:07:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Where were YOU on 9/11?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where were YOU on 9/11?  (Read 258 times)
Carole D.

« on: September 09, 2008, 11:28:41 pm »

A friend called and woke me up. She said to turn on CNN, which I did. Hard to believe what I saw. I knew we had been attacked, and wondered what the President was doing to strike back at the enemy. Later, I found out that he had been told about the first strike before going into the school room, but went in anyway. Then, I found out that after he found out about the second strike, he sat in the school room reading, "My Pet Goat" for seven minutes. After that, there was a photo op with the children before he got on his airplane and went to Iowa or Ohio or someplace safe.
But, the President found out the criminal was Osama bin Laden and promised to hunt him down and kill him. So, after a short stop in Afghanistan, he took us to Iraq, where we have been stuck ever since. Oh, Osama? He's safe in Pakistan.

Posted By: MissMarple | September 07 2006 at 08:19 PM

When I saw the attacks from the news, I cursed Geroge Bush because he caused it.

Posted By: Cherry | September 07 2006 at 09:12 PM

I woke up early and turned on the morning news as usual. Then I was one of the towers I use to go up to as a kid in flames. I didn't think it was real till I saw the 2nd plane fly into the 2nd tower. First thing I did was call my baby sister who was at NYU at the time. She was planning on going to the towers later that day to run some errands. Luckily she wasn't there at the time. As the days after 9/11 passed I heard so many stories about fathers, classmate, other people from my town who passed away in the towers. Life cut so short so soon. May they forever be remembered. Never forget

Posted By: linygal (an alias) | September 08 2006 at 12:08 AM

I was at home in the lower haight, living alone in a 3bdr victorian temporarily, without a TV.

My sister called first with the "turn on the tv" message. I was still mostly asleep, that hit the answering machine.

My boss called next, with a cryptic answering machine message that I misinterpreted as "Because of the Terra people from New York, you shouldn't come in today".

At the time, our tech company was just bought by the spanish company Terra, and I thought my boss was basically saying "hey, we don't want any of you geeky engineers around mucking things up, so just stay at home!"

Spent the rest of the day scouring the net for news/videos, and finally went out with a friend at 8pm and saw it on t.v. at a bar.

One last thing:
http://www.911truthla.org/audio/binladen_djgreenlantern.mp3

Posted By: | September 08 2006 at 01:34 AM

I was vacationing in the UK and just finished a long walk in the countryside. My husband and I got into the car and turned on the radio and began hearing distorted reports from a BBC reporter in America. All of a sudden, the radio report went silent. We had no clue what had taken place until we got back to my sister-in-law's and turned the tv on CNN. It was shocking and made me feel numb. Personally, I wake up every day and I'm thankful and I never take anything for granted.

Posted By: elloluv | September 08 2006 at 07:24 AM

I had awaken around 7:30-ish to hear something on the "Today" show about a plane crash in NYC. I didn't pay attention. I had just bought a small, overpriced "house" in EVIL GUERNEVILLE, and I went to see my realtor friend in another nearby WHITE TRASH DRUGGIE "TOWN" out there. I saw the second crash on TV around 9:30 a.m. on his TV - it was UNBELIEVABLE !

Completely surreal. That's the best way to describe it, and soon it was on every channel.

Posted By: Guerneville is SATAN (an alias) | September 08 2006 at 07:26 AM

I was in Washington, D.C. for meetings with a client, about 6 blocks from the White House. I'd taken the Metro and as I got on the elevator, I met another attendee of our meetings. "Did you see the news?" he asked. "A plane hit the World Trade Center."

In the meeting room, we turned on the TV and watched as the second plane hit. Our attention immediately turned to our own location as we recognized the attack in progress. The next hour included waves of rumors of explosions at the State Department, the White House, and finally at the Pentagon. The smoke was visible, in TV shots from downtown. We decided to continue our meeting, which was after all about helping people internationally.

I've since learned that no matter how horrific the attack was, it's important to keep it in perspective and not to steer your life by fear of terrorism. There are more important things in this world.

Posted By: Fig (an alias) | September 08 2006 at 07:31 AM
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: