Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:11:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Where were YOU on 9/11?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where were YOU on 9/11?  (Read 304 times)
Carole D.

« on: September 09, 2008, 11:26:43 pm »

I just read that ABC is airing a TV miniseries that appears to point a finger at the Clinton Administration for 9/11. Look for the AP article on sfgate in small print. If ABC is in fact misrepresenting Clinton officials' actions relating to 9/11, it's outrageous--and calling it a "dramatization" doesn't change that. Further, the misrepresentations could impact fall elections. Read the AP article. Then, if you wish, go to ABC.com, scroll to the bottom of the page for "Contact ABC" to tell them what you think.

Posted By: mcc | September 07 2006 at 11:53 AM

I was woken up by a family member as I was getting ready for work. I turned on the television as I usually do to get the days' news, I saw the breaking news. My mom and my siblings work around the area so I called them immediately and was thankful my mom was late for work that day and stayed home. My sister-in-law had just quit working at the restaurant on top of tower II. I am thankful everyday for all the coincidences of that day that saved my family.

Posted By: tree_sha | September 07 2006 at 12:50 PM

I was working for the Pittsburgh Pirates and we were preparing for a home day game vs the New York Mets. We all had TV on and were watching in disbelief when suddenly flight 93 went down just outside of Pittsburgh. We were all told to immediately leave. After all the staff had left I was doing a few wrap ups when a large gloved hand was placed on my shoulder and said leave...now. An entire SWAT team was at the ballpark as they initially thought the plane was intended for Pittsburgh. How has this changed me? Driving home from a completely deserted major city that day I thought our warm and fuzzy sense of safety in the U.S. will be no longer.

Posted By: bballlive | September 07 2006 at 12:53 PM

i was in yokohama japan visiting my wifes family. i had just gotten back from bowling with my sisters in law, and my in laws had the tv on. the first plane had just hit. we watched the 2nd plane hit, then the pentagon, and the collapses all live. i was essentially full of rage, as i grew up in the nyc area. my father in law saved my sanity that night. he's a survivor of the nagasaki bombing and stayed up all night with me explaining not to let rage and hate eat me up. i took his words to heart, so i guess that day changed me in that i try not to let the terrible things in the world change my belief in the good of man. that said, my heart still goes out to all who lost thier lives that day and the families and friends who live with the loss.

Posted By: fjv66 | September 07 2006 at 12:59 PM

well, it was early morning, I had just awaken..turned on the TV and headed for restroom..while in the restroom, I can overhear the early report -- something to the effect, Tower 1 being hit by a possible small aircraft. I stepped out and watch as a pillow of smoke emerged from the first building hit. I continued to watch, not aware of what was to happen next. A few minutes later, a second plane stuck the second building.
It was then it suddenly dawned that this was no human error, this was no small G5, this was a terror attack against innocent people. I was intially dismayed, as terrorist was fairly a unknown word to the vast general public. Being that I work for SF Bay Area Rapid Transit police, it was a term I hadn't heard until that day. Shortly after the second plane, I called my Sgt, whom is a friend of mine. He said, today was to be a very long day. Indeed, it was -- for the next 3 years. I quickly, began to organize my equipment, but as I was readying myself for a long work day, I suddenly decided to look back at the TV. At the very moment, I can see that behind the new reporter, a building was now in the process of cascading downward. The reporter, who wasn't intially aware -- stopped and shouted the building is falling. I was in complete horror, but just as fast as those lives were lost -- my anger filled equally as fast. I was angry! I was angry that thousands of people were in the process of dying -- in a very painful way, no less. I froze. I couldn't move, my mind was in a state of shock, my body went limp....I guess I stayed frozen for some time, because shortly thereafter the second twin fell to dust. From that point on, my life would change -- police work would, especailly for underground transit policing, would never be the same. May god bless all those affected.

G

Posted By: officer_G (an alias) | September 07 2006 at 01:25 PM

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: