Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:58:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Satellite Images - the Atantic Ocean

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite Images - the Atantic Ocean  (Read 5988 times)
Greg Little

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007, 06:05:38 pm »

Let me repeat: "The small white "dots" that appear on images, and generally in lines or formations, are "condos." They are structures about 10-12 feet that have been sunk to the bottom. They are used by fisherman to collect shellfish. Back in 2003 we reported on seeing (and videotaping) a few hundred of them from the air, and even mentioned them on the first documentary we did. Unfortunately, they have a mundane and disappointing explanation."

Explanation: They are manmade, of recent origin, and thus disappointing. They are initially formed by the dropping of the "condo" to the bottom. Sand and then seagrass, actually turtlegrass, then form around them. The white spots formed by the Condos are about 20 x 30 feet and the dark spot around them reaches hundreds of feet. There are literally hundreds of them. We have never found a "fisherman's net" in any of them. I'm clueless where that idea came from. A condo is a wooden or metal structure, it's like a room sunk to the bottom. Again, there are hundreds of them, maybe thousands.

Of course, we haven't directly checked out each one, and under the wrong conditions, looking at them can get you shot...as a possible poacher. There are Bahamas maritime laws governing what one can do with licensed commercial fisherman's property. And if one is spotted at a condo location, the worst is immediately assumed. But we have looked at quite a few.

We have now looked at about 30, huge, dark-spot features on the Great Bahama Bank, all underwater. Some are as long as 550 feet, and as wide as 200 feet. One very intriguing one, a uniform 511-feet long, with a white spot in its middle, had the remains of a wooden ship in the white spot. The rest of the formation, consisting of grass, forms around the ship remains in accordance with water movement patterns. A more intriguing one, about 450-feet long and 150 feet wide, had a crashed plane in the center spot. A few of these spots are a mile long, but generally narrow.

The Great Bahama Bank was above water during the last Ice Age, it was a vast plain. That's why we are searching there...looking for an Ice-Age era civilization. We have found stone formations in three of these huge spots. These are intriguing and are definitely not ballast stones, they are way too big. It is a massive area...and our search, while extensive where we have been thus far, has only begun. Nowhere do we say there is nothing there nor are we pontificating about what is on the Bank, except releasing what we have found so far. The cards fall where they fall.

As to the straight lines, some I know... One is a huge cable stretching from Florida to AUTEC on Andros. The cable moves back and forth on the bottom in places depending on currents and storms. It makes a massive series of straight lines and is astonishing. Others are formed by boats dragging nets. As to the others, I don't know. We have not searched around Florida at all, and except off Ft. Pierce, probably won't do so. In truth, the lines are not as interesting to us as proving what sand channels really are is a dicey thing and agreement on what they are will seldom be reached.

I'm not saying that there is nothing there (Bahamas or Florida), ALL of the formations are something. Like I said before, we did find a massive stone wall in shallow water off of an uninhabited island. I believe we will eventually find some other amazing things, and some of the finds we have made are actually amazing, but we haven't really released the details of the latest finds. There is one more trip yet before we do, in 2 weeks. After than we'll put out a documentary and issue a full report at a conference at the ARE, then on the web.

We are presenting our finds as straight-forward as possible and as honestly and non-sensationalized as we can. The ARE has been and remains constantly attacked by skeptics who assert we are gullible and have an agenda. We have an agenda, yes. It is to see what is really there. Yes, we'd love to find Atlantis...and we'd love to prove that an Ice Age-era civilization was there. But we are driven by a set of principles, the most important of which are honesty and due dilligence. Too many unsubstantiated claims have been made in the field of "Atlantis Research" and we won't fall into that trap.

As far as the ARE's Search For Atlantis Project, 2003 began a new era. It is one of honest searching and the factual reporting of results. It also avoided the search for the gold at Bimini Cayce mentioned several times. (That has been a factor in the past.) What we have found thus far is this: the Bimini Road was an ancient harbor...near it is another ancient harbor. (There is no doubt of this...except from skeptics who have their own agenda, which isn't finding the truth.) Off Andros is a multi-tiered harbor works constructed from stone blocks. At Anguilla in Cay Sal is another stone harbor. There are stone anchors at Bimini and Cay Sal. One has been dated to 30 BC. At Cerritos off Yucatan is the remains of a harbor breakwater. The island (only 600-feet in diameter) had 29 stone buildings on it. It has a seawall made from vertical stone. North of Andros is a small series of islands, and on one are two stone dam remains made from vertical stone. It is off that island where there is the remains of a stone wall made from huge cut stone blocks. On the Great Bahama Bank there are three stone formations underwater. They require a lot more investigation work. We have solved two plane disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle. Two more are pending information. We have found an unknown wooden ship and several other crashed planes. We have also found that many of the formations in water are sponge pens, natural formations explained by Bahamas geology, and recently manmade. That's a lot. And it's better than fiction, at least to us.

Dr. Greg Little
ARE's Search For Atlantis Project

Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 01:21:50 am »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for that detailed explanation into the small white dots and the "condos," and the detail you put into the rest of your post. I actually never heard of them before you brought them up, I'll look into what they are a little more. You don't have to tell me about the scientific methodology that the A.R.E. uses to get their results. I don't know what those methods were like prior to 2003, but, ever since you took over the exploration part of it, the methods seem perfectly sound and scientific. 

I like the way that the organization deliberately steers away from making fantastic claims and simply reports the facts.  Given that practice, I am curious, though.  You have done as much underwater exploration in the Atlantic as anyone. Would you say that you have ever come across anything there that you personally believe to be linked to Atlantis?  I realize that is a "loaded" question.

I'm a bit surprised that one of the long vertical lines is an underwater cable, I had no idea that cable could show up like that in satellite photos. Do the other lines look something similarly mundane, or could they be submerged canals of some kind?  Some of the pix have that cross-hatching effect to them.

At what depth are the areas of the Great Bahamas bank that you're looking at and just how much of it was out of water during the last Ice Age? Have you ever come across any artifacts, like arrowheads or flints in the water?

Tempest

Report Spam   Logged

"To Thine own Heart be True."

Greg Little

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:43 am »

Tempest:

Quote: "Would you say that you have ever come across anything there that you personally believe to be linked to Atlantis?  I realize that is a "loaded" question."

Answer: No, I have said before that nothing we have found in the Bahamas is directly linked to Atlantis, although the dates of the ancient harbor formations go back to 4000 BC. But some of the things we found in Guatemala and Yucatan are suggestive of Atlantis...but that's a different region.

Quote: "I'm a bit surprised that one of the long vertical lines is an underwater cable, I had no idea that cable could show up like that in satellite photos. Do the other lines look something similarly mundane, or could they be submerged canals of some kind?  Some of the pix have that cross-hatching effect to them."

Answer: The cable itself isn't what is seen in the satellite images. It is the much wider formation that is made by the cable moving back and forth on the bottom. But keep in mind that this is just one explanation of a few lines, the others are less obvious. The cross hatching, at least where we have looked, is created by a systematic dragging of weighted nets and condo catchers across the flat, sandy bottom. But again, we have not looked at all of them, only a few. There are many long canals in S. Florida that were made by Mound Builders. These are little-known and are fascinating and incredible. But identifying a canal that has been long underwater in sediment shifting bottom areas would be difficult.

I am surprised at how good the resolution is on Google Earth. For example, the underwater stone wall we found north of Andros, is actually partly visible and discernable on Google Earth. In fact, it helped us find more...we initially found the site and then I looked at the Google Earth image of the location when we returned to the states. Finding more on the image, when we returned to the site last month, we found more in the areas the satellite image showed. There is also a crashed DC-9 plane on North Andros visible on Google Earth. We went to the plane and got a lot of amazing video and photos. But using the images is a tricky thing. For example, if you look at N. Andros, specifically the Morgan's Bluff area, you'll see several things people have listed as anomalies or mysterious underwater things. We have looked at every one of these and they are nothing mysterious at all.

Quote: "At what depth are the areas of the Great Bahamas bank that you're looking at and just how much of it was out of water during the last Ice Age?"

The depth of the entire Bank, covering 5,382 square miles, is basically 4-25 feet on average. There are some deeper spots, of course, but you can travel on water in a line 40-150 miles long and never be in water more than 25 feet deep. ALL of it, except for small spots which would have been lakes, were above sea level until the end of the last Ice Age. Here is an example accepted by the mainstream: http://comp.uark.edu/~sboss/ngbbsl.htm

The entire western coast of Andros, 130 miles in extent, is very shallow. In some areas you could literally walk 10 miles into the ocean and never be in water over your head. (But that is impractical, as you'd sink deeply into the mud on the bottom.)

Quote: "Have you ever come across any artifacts, like arrowheads or flints in the water?"

Answer: Not in the Bahamas. No arrowheads or flint. There is just too much sediment. Small artifacts are swept away by violent storms and sink (disappear) into sediment that eventually solidifies. We have found a lot of human artifacts at the Bimini Road and Proctor's Road, but these are cut ballast stone, cut leveling blocks (wedge stones) and cut rectangular slabs used as supports under the huge blocks seen from the surface as the Bimini Road. Then there are about 20 stone anchors, which, I'll add, are definitely made by human hands. There are also cylinders, or columns, that were off Bimini and many more long columns (30+ feet long) in a location 7-miles from Bimini. At Cerritos, the shallow bottom around the island was covered—literally—with tens of thousands of brightly colored pottery sherds. Lots of ship remains have been found 20 miles INLAND on Andros and all around the large island. AUTEC personnel have found ballast, quite uniform and intriguing, in many places. They sent us a uniform piece of ballast, a beautiful rectangular red stone 10 inches by 6 by 4. But AUTEC has recovered several wooden canoes, more than 10 human skeletal remains, and lots of artifacts like points and pottery, in deep caves off E. Andros, on the wall forming the Tongue of the Ocean. The caves do not get the sediment. These labyrinthic caves extend for an unknown distance, tens of miles inland, and have been explored at depths over 300 feet. One deep one off Middle Andros had a diver go down to nearly 600 feet. AUTEC has explored every inch of the Bahamas around Andros by helicopter and has found an incredible amount of artifacts and ancient remains, but none of it has been publicized. There are some mounds on Andros, stone ruins on extreme S. Andros, and AUTEC staff have picked up countless artifacts. One residence within the secured AUTEC base has a large garden that has walkways formed by recovered ballast stone and other artifacts. On the other hand, AUTEC has basically kept away from the Bank because it is shallow. AUTEC is located several places on east Andros, we are looking off western Andros.
Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2007, 11:35:50 am »

Hi Greg,

Thanks again for all the information in such great detail,

No, I have said before that nothing we have found in the Bahamas is directly linked to Atlantis, although the dates of the ancient harbor formations go back to 4000 BC. But some of the things we found in Guatemala and Yucatan are suggestive of Atlantis...but that's a different region.

What sort of things are you talking about?  Were they suggested of Plato's Atlantis or Edgar Cayce's?

There are many long canals in S. Florida that were made by Mound Builders. These are little-known and are fascinating and incredible. But identifying a canal that has been long underwater in sediment shifting bottom areas would be difficult.

I never heard about the long canals in Florida, do you have anything more on them? Was Florida a part of this ancient culture that was in the Bahamas, or is it sepatate from it?  Do you know about how old thesse canals are?

I am surprised at how good the resolution is on Google Earth. For example, the underwater stone wall we found north of Andros, is actually partly visible and discernable on Google Earth.

Have you pointed Google Earth at Zapata and found anything more there? 
Has anyone also used it on the Zelitsky discoveries of 2001?

Map of Bahams above Ice Age, so everyone can see:

We have found a lot of human artifacts at the Bimini Road and Proctor's Road, but these are cut ballast stone, cut leveling blocks (wedge stones) and cut rectangular slabs used as supports under the huge blocks seen from the surface as the Bimini Road.

Are there any signs that these stones were "worked" by man, or have you found any inscriptions on them? 

AUTEC has explored every inch of the Bahamas around Andros by helicopter and has found an incredible amount of artifacts and ancient remains, but none of it has been publicized. There are some mounds on Andros, stone ruins on extreme S. Andros, and AUTEC staff have picked up countless artifacts.

Very cool, what sort of artifacts and ruins has AUTEC discovered? Can you talk about it any length?  Will any of these finds appear in your reports as corroboration?

AUTEC has submarine bases at the bottom of the ocean, doesn't it? What do they know about Atlantis that the rest of us do not?

Tempest
Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 04:56:20 pm »

Hi Greg,

Thanks again for all the information in such great detail,

No, I have said before that nothing we have found in the Bahamas is directly linked to Atlantis, although the dates of the ancient harbor formations go back to 4000 BC. But some of the things we found in Guatemala and Yucatan are suggestive of Atlantis...but that's a different region.

What sort of things are you talking about?  Were they suggested of Plato's Atlantis or Edgar Cayce's?

ANSWER: Piedras Negras and Cerritos are both sites that have elements one could link to Atlantis...not in the sense of Platos', but Cayce, yes.

There are many long canals in S. Florida that were made by Mound Builders. These are little-known and are fascinating and incredible. But identifying a canal that has been long underwater in sediment shifting bottom areas would be difficult.

I never heard about the long canals in Florida, do you have anything more on them? Was Florida a part of this ancient culture that was in the Bahamas, or is it sepatate from it?  Do you know about how old thesse canals are?

ANSWER: I was surprised to learn of them about 7 years ago. We have been to them and filmed/photographed them. Even mainstream archaeologists accept them as Mound Builder era, as they radiate from complexes of mounds and earthworks. The dating of the mound complexes, not too far from Okochobee, goes to 500 BC or so. After we put out the next documentary on the Search for Atlantis, I will be completing a  l o n g -- t e r m project I've been working on since 1984: an encyclopedia of mounds. They will be in it along with a complete archaeological reconstruction. Presently, I have 150 high-quality, archaeologically accurate site reconstructions made.

I am surprised at how good the resolution is on Google Earth. For example, the underwater stone wall we found north of Andros, is actually partly visible and discernable on Google Earth.

Have you pointed Google Earth at Zapata and found anything more there? 
Has anyone also used it on the Zelitsky discoveries of 2001?

ANSWER: Zelitsky's site is too deep for satellite images. You can actually see the canals at Zapata on the bet satellite images.

We have found a lot of human artifacts at the Bimini Road and Proctor's Road, but these are cut ballast stone, cut leveling blocks (wedge stones) and cut rectangular slabs used as supports under the huge blocks seen from the surface as the Bimini Road.

Are there any signs that these stones were "worked" by man, or have you found any inscriptions on them? 

ANSWER: yes, the anchors and many of the blocks/wedge stones show definite man-made marks. No inscriptions at all, just cut marks.

AUTEC has explored every inch of the Bahamas around Andros by helicopter and has found an incredible amount of artifacts and ancient remains, but none of it has been publicized. There are some mounds on Andros, stone ruins on extreme S. Andros, and AUTEC staff have picked up countless artifacts.

Very cool, what sort of artifacts and ruins has AUTEC discovered? Can you talk about it any length?  Will any of these finds appear in your reports as corroboration?

ANSWER: None of it, presently, will be a collaboration. AUTEC remains a top-secret facility, although they are down to 4 active bases now. They have recovered pottery, arrowheads, stone points, skeletal remains, canoes, and typical stone items like hammerstones, etc. We are treading carefully with them, through a third party who supports what we are seeking and doing. There are many in the Bahamas who resent mainstream American archaeology's shunning of the Bahamas and their insistence that nothing of importance is there.

QUOTE: AUTEC has submarine bases at the bottom of the ocean, doesn't it? What do they know about Atlantis that the rest of us do not?

Answer: AUTEC has 4 operational bases and 3 others were recently turned over to the US Coast Guard to help deal with drugs. Their bases are along the deep trench, the Tongue of the Ocean. I suspect that the sub Paulina Zelitsky saw sitting in the midst of her underwater "ruins" was based at AUTEC. AUTEC engages in training in sub detection, sub warfare, and bases subs for the US Navy and the British. There are also attack helicopters and SEAL teams there. The "archaeology" work that they have done is incidental to their job. Deep diving SEALS have found most of the artifacts in underwater caves found on the wall of the Tongue of the Ocean. Helo pilots and photographers have sort of scoured the islands in their spare time. In truth, I don't think they know anything about Atlantis per se, but they do know what is the actual truth about Zelitsky's site as well as knowing what lies at the bottom of all the deeper areas. But they know nothing about shallow areas on the Bahama Banks...because they can't investigate there.

Greg
Report Spam   Logged
cleasterwood

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2007, 07:13:29 am »

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to the earlier question regarding the pyramids of Florida.  I've located one map, which isn't very good, but workable.  If it's super-imposed over a normal map near the same size we can narrow down the vicinities of these three pyramids.  I've also gathered more information on the Dr. Ray Brown pyramid, which isn't in Florida at all, as well as some coordinaces from Charles Berlitz regarding "pyramids" shown on US Marine and British Admirality charts.  Incidentally, these "pyramids" are near Cay Sal!  I'll also list some other discoveries I found interesting. I'm only listing what is close to the continential US.

1. Dr. Brown was diving near the Berry Islands in Bimini about 20 miles from the edge of the "Tongue of the Ocean".  They were swimming N.E. from the Island and near the bottom at about  135' when they looked toward the sun and saw the "pyramid".  The pyramid was 22 fathoms down and stood about 120' high with 90' of the top projecting from the sand. 
My Comments:This is about all I can find on the Brown discovery.

2.  According to Charles Berlitz the U.S. Marine and the British Admirality Naval charts show "pyramids" at the following locations:
23 degrees, 26 minutes North and 79 degrees, 43 minutes West  This is North of Cuba off Cay Sal in 1,500 feet of water that suddenly rises to a depth of 42 feet.  A similar 'rise' occurs at 23 degeres 34 minutes North and 80 degrees West (also North of Cuba)  at a depth of 300 fathoms which rises to 38 feet of water.
My comments:  I've looked on Google Earth and couldn't see anything at either location.

3.  In 1978, Ari Marshal photographed a 650' pyramid at about 1,500 feet underwater off Cay Sal.  Although he was unsuccessful in capturing good footage of the pyramidal mound they found, he did receive images of 'large holes in
the side of the masssive object through which glowing and apparently electrically charged particles were passing". This is in the same area where their "compasses were going berserk".
My comments: No other information can be found.

4. In 1982, the Chairman of the Museum of Science and Archaeology, Herbert Sawinski, discovered and photographed extensive stone pavements at a depth of 25 feet between 23 deg 50 mins and 23 deg 30 mins N. and 80 deg 30 mins to 79 deg 40 mins W. He said that the main wall continued for a quarter of a mile out to sea, where it suddenly disappeared into 2500 feet of water.  "Part of this wall or causeway, bifurcates near the shore and continues under water partially along the coastline of the present remins of what was once a larger island now under the ocean. At
another point on this submarine plateau, the divers followed a passageway under submerged rocks and discovered a sunken quarry, complete with shaped blocks of stone till inside it.... The entire underwater plateau on which these remains of buildings exist is about 60 miles on each side of a lopsided triangle between the Straits of Florida and the Santaren and Nicholas channels. It breaks the surface only around the edges, roughly establishing the boundaries of
what was once a large island, one that could have supported many inhabitants."

5.  Dr. William Bell, in 1958, had taken a photo in the Atlantic which showed a 6' spire protruding from a couple of circular gear like bases with peculiar lights emanating from the shaft.

6.  Dimitri Rebikoff reported ruins found encircling an underwater fresh spring.  (No other information is available.)

7.  In 1967, Nikolai Slenznev's "Aluminaut" investigated Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina shores where they found a well perserved highway 1,000 meters under sea level.  It was more than 250 kilometers long and 20 meters wide.  The road was paved with Blacktop Magnesium Oxide.

8.  Dr. David Zink found in 1957, off the Bahamas coast, a stylized marble head, building block cast in a mold and a construction piece drilled by a bit, as well as a stone column that he reported radiated energy.   Dr David Zink anchored over the wall for months at a time and brought up a grooved building block as well as a 'stylized head' estimated to weigh about 200 - 300 lbs - possibly the head of an animal - giant feline, perhaps a jaguar.

9.  One of the most amazing finds on the bottom of the Atlantic was reported by Captain Reyes Miraga's crew on the salvage ship Talia from Spain. They video-taped miles of pillared temples, buildings, and statues and wide curving boulevards, with smaller avenues branching out from the center like spokes in a wheel, with majestic temples and pyramids. Much of this city, as well as the city found off Spain by Dr. Maxine Asher's expedition and later by Professor Akayonove's expedition (all photographed), show a startling similarity to Plato's description of Atlantis!

10.  Mysterious dome structures reportedly seen in clear water by several pilots in the Straits of Florida.

11.  Between Diamond Point and Tongue of Ocean, Dr. Mason Valentine saw "a network of modular straight lines intersecting at right, obtuse and acute angles" in aerial photographs he had taken. He said that they resembled "an architects's plan for a complex urban development with still more lines in the distance".

12. Between Orange Key and Bimini, Dr Valentine saw a series of enormous retacngles along the sea bottom connected by straight lines which he considered man made.

13.  At Riding Rocks, a vast expanse of shallow water is divided into squares.

14.  At Orange Key, south of Bimini, there is an absolutely straight rectangle the size of a football field.

15.   On June 7/48, Ed Wilson, while doing shallow bottom treasure hunting by air was smashed by an updraft that lifted him about 1,000 feet, 45 miles NE of Miami while flying at 250 ft above sea level. When he brought his craft back to the normal position, he noticed a huge building (100 - 250 ft high) down in the 'bright and silvery' water. In his words, "I started to time myself of the leg out to get readings of the location when out of this blue clear day, another
strange incident occurred: all my magnetics had gone to zero. Then a strange hue occurred all around me. At about 600 ft above water in the air that bright crimson hue simply baffled me. The 240 HP Continental began to be the most crazily running engine I have ever had the experience to feel. It became motionless no matter what I did with the throttle and pumps. It glided and floated smoothly for at least two miles. Then the engine simply started itself. I could
not dive because I was already on top of the water. Then I realized that some force was pulling toward a westerly direction...After landing and getting inspection of Radio Communication and units, every last unit was blown, shorted out by some high frequency electronic shock, or mysterious high voltage in the air."

16.  In 1970's, the Italian diver R. Rola discovered somewhere off Bahamas Islands four long stone-made columns, having a cylindrical shape. They were similar to the Egyptian columns.

17.  Off the South tip of Florida, linear features found by NASA WorldWind, between 90-100' of water.  Other linear features are located off the Grand Bahama Bank at 24 degrees 11'37.05  North, 79 degrees, 1' 42.78 West.

18.  Domes in the Straights of Florida have also been found.

NOW, I will concentrate on the Florida pyramids.  The information is scarce at best.  There is only one map (shoddy at best) that I can find that will give the general vicinity of the pyramids.  They are about 12 miles off the coast at a depth of 130' underwater.  These pyramids are off Melbourne Beach, Vero Beach, and St. Lucie Inlet.  There are also three other pyramids shown off Walker's Cay, Berry Islands and Great Sail Cay (?--not sure that's right).  Here is the only image I could locate.  http://www.geocities.com/atlantistri/Map_of_AT.jpg With the map and a general idea of water depth and the milage offshore, I think we could easily locate these.

Blessed be & happy researching,
Lynn
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com
Greg Little

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007, 10:08:32 am »

cleasterwood:

A few comments below:

"I've also gathered more information on the Dr. Ray Brown pyramid, which isn't in Florida at all, as well as some coordinaces from Charles Berlitz regarding "pyramids" shown on US Marine and British Admirality charts.  Incidentally, these "pyramids" are near Cay Sal!  I'll also list some other discoveries I found interesting. I'm only listing what is close to the continential US."

The Cay Sal "pyramids" have been shown to be sand piles, which moved. They were found with old sonar...but like I said, they are gone...and probably there are dozens of such formations (heaps of sand) somewhere...all the time. Depth sonar is useless to identify structures, but that was all they had back then. Side-scan sonar takes care of the problems.

"1. Dr. Brown was diving near the Berry Islands in Bimini about 20 miles from the edge of the "Tongue of the Ocean".  They were swimming N.E. from the Island and near the bottom at about  135' when they looked toward the sun and saw the "pyramid".  The pyramid was 22 fathoms down and stood about 120' high with 90' of the top projecting from the sand. 
My Comments:This is about all I can find on the Brown discovery."

Brown related he scuba dived into it and took a crystal out of the apex. He displayed it for some years. He's dead now and it is believed by many to be a hoax.

"3.  In 1978, Ari Marshal photographed a 650' pyramid at about 1,500 feet underwater off Cay Sal.  Although he was unsuccessful in capturing good footage of the pyramidal mound they found, he did receive images of 'large holes in
the side of the masssive object through which glowing and apparently electrically charged particles were passing". This is in the same area where their "compasses were going berserk".
My comments: No other information can be found."

I don't know anything of relevance on the above one.

4. In 1982, the Chairman of the Museum of Science and Archaeology, Herbert Sawinski, discovered and photographed extensive stone pavements at a depth of 25 feet between 23 deg 50 mins and 23 deg 30 mins N. and 80 deg 30 mins to 79 deg 40 mins W. He said that the main wall continued for a quarter of a mile out to sea, where it suddenly disappeared into 2500 feet of water.  "Part of this wall or causeway, bifurcates near the shore and continues under water partially along the coastline of the present remins of what was once a larger island now under the ocean. At
another point on this submarine plateau, the divers followed a passageway under submerged rocks and discovered a sunken quarry, complete with shaped blocks of stone till inside it.... The entire underwater plateau on which these remains of buildings exist is about 60 miles on each side of a lopsided triangle between the Straits of Florida and the Santaren and Nicholas channels. It breaks the surface only around the edges, roughly establishing the boundaries of
what was once a large island, one that could have supported many inhabitants."

I've talked with Sawinski, he's completely credible. We have been to many of the spots he relates. The Cay Sal formation appears to be a harbor formation, it's very intriguing, and we found a stone anchor in the sandy harbor it encloses. There are several rock quarries around Cay Sal, and yes, one extends into the water.

"5.  Dr. William Bell, in 1958, had taken a photo in the Atlantic which showed a 6' spire protruding from a couple of circular gear like bases with peculiar lights emanating from the shaft."

This (#5) was actually just off South Bimini. The photos are in David Zink's book. We believe he saw a mast from a small sailboat sticking up from the bottom. The "lights" showed on his photos, but they are probably just water refractions and reflections.

"6.  Dimitri Rebikoff reported ruins found encircling an underwater fresh spring.  (No other information is available.)"

On Bimini there was a spring found by a female pilot in the 1950s that was the result of a Cayce reading. The spring has been a controversial find, but it had a stone formation around it. It's been repeatedly discussed and is still there.

"7.  In 1967, Nikolai Slenznev's "Aluminaut" investigated Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina shores where they found a well perserved highway 1,000 meters under sea level.  It was more than 250 kilometers long and 20 meters wide.  The road was paved with Blacktop Magnesium Oxide."

I have read that account and find it interesting, but the water is too deep for us to do anything at all.

"8.  Dr. David Zink found in 1957, off the Bahamas coast, a stylized marble head, building block cast in a mold and a construction piece drilled by a bit, as well as a stone column that he reported radiated energy.   Dr David Zink anchored over the wall for months at a time and brought up a grooved building block as well as a 'stylized head' estimated to weigh about 200 - 300 lbs - possibly the head of an animal - giant feline, perhaps a jaguar."

The head has disappeared, but it was found a small distance from the Bimini Road. He did recvover a tongue-in-groove block, and there have been more found at the site. We also found some of the same along the formation known as "Proctor's Road," a mile from the Bimini Road. Most of these are on the visible bottom and are therefore argued to probably be dumped. That's an argument that is hard to refute. The cut stones we recovered from UNDER ther massive blocks are, however, not ballast or the result of dumping.

"9.  One of the most amazing finds on the bottom of the Atlantic was reported by Captain Reyes Miraga's crew on the salvage ship Talia from Spain. They video-taped miles of pillared temples, buildings, and statues and wide curving boulevards, with smaller avenues branching out from the center like spokes in a wheel, with majestic temples and pyramids. Much of this city, as well as the city found off Spain by Dr. Maxine Asher's expedition and later by Professor Akayonove's expedition (all photographed), show a startling similarity to Plato's description of Atlantis!"

Asher has some video on the internet. It shows a jumble of blocks on the bottom that look like a form of concrete. I have never seen any of their evidence alleging miles of temples with pillars, etc.  I do not believe in any such claims, especially when they say all of it was photographed and videotaped and then, decades later, none of the photos or video has been seen. If it does exist, I'd love to see it, and if it is as they say, we'd use our resources there for awhile. WE do hope eventually to look on the Canary Islands and off Spain.

"10.  Mysterious dome structures reportedly seen in clear water by several pilots in the Straits of Florida."

Yeah, I know. Sand piles, condos dropped to the bottom by shell fishermen, and not much else. I wish all of this were true, or at least verifiable.

"11.  Between Diamond Point and Tongue of Ocean, Dr. Mason Valentine saw "a network of modular straight lines intersecting at right, obtuse and acute angles" in aerial photographs he had taken. He said that they resembled "an architects's plan for a complex urban development with still more lines in the distance"."

That's where we have been for nearly 4 weeks over the last 2 months.

"12. Between Orange Key and Bimini, Dr Valentine saw a series of enormous retacngles along the sea bottom connected by straight lines which he considered man made."

This is one of the areas where we will go.

"13.  At Riding Rocks, a vast expanse of shallow water is divided into squares."

Been there, nothing of consequence found, but it is a huge area. I've been intrigued by this area.

"14.  At Orange Key, south of Bimini, there is an absolutely straight rectangle the size of a football field."

This is another area where we'll go.

15.   On June 7/48, Ed Wilson, while doing shallow bottom treasure hunting by air was smashed by an updraft that lifted him about 1,000 feet, 45 miles NE of Miami while flying at 250 ft above sea level. When he brought his craft back to the normal position, he noticed a huge building (100 - 250 ft high) down in the 'bright and silvery' water. In his words, "I started to time myself of the leg out to get readings of the location when out of this blue clear day, another
strange incident occurred: all my magnetics had gone to zero. Then a strange hue occurred all around me. At about 600 ft above water in the air that bright crimson hue simply baffled me. The 240 HP Continental began to be the most crazily running engine I have ever had the experience to feel. It became motionless no matter what I did with the throttle and pumps. It glided and floated smoothly for at least two miles. Then the engine simply started itself. I could
not dive because I was already on top of the water. Then I realized that some force was pulling toward a westerly direction...After landing and getting inspection of Radio Communication and units, every last unit was blown, shorted out by some high frequency electronic shock, or mysterious high voltage in the air."

I don't know what to say about the above, I've read it before, but am clueless.

"16.  In 1970's, the Italian diver R. Rola discovered somewhere off Bahamas Islands four long stone-made columns, having a cylindrical shape. They were similar to the Egyptian columns."

That was actually Count Pino Turolla. Actually, there are 2 accounts. The first is the discovery of 20-some columns just off the shore between N. & S. Bimini inlet. We have taken samples from them, but they have all been recently dredged up now and used for construction material. Two of the columns were fluted marble. Turolla also found, 7 miles from Bimini, over 30 long columns. We'll be at this site in less than 2 weeks.

"17.  Off the South tip of Florida, linear features found by NASA WorldWind, between 90-100' of water.  Other linear features are located off the Grand Bahama Bank at 24 degrees 11'37.05  North, 79 degrees, 1' 42.78 West."

Yes, lots of linear lines are on the bottom.

NOW, I will concentrate on the Florida pyramids.  The information is scarce at best.  There is only one map (shoddy at best) that I can find that will give the general vicinity of the pyramids.  They are about 12 miles off the coast at a depth of 130' underwater.  These pyramids are off Melbourne Beach, Vero Beach, and St. Lucie Inlet.  There are also three other pyramids shown off Walker's Cay, Berry Islands and Great Sail Cay (?--not sure that's right).  Here is the only image I could locate. 

Thanks,
Greg
http://www.geocities.com/atlantistri/Map_of_AT.jpg With the map and a general idea of water depth and the milage offshore, I think we could easily locate these.

Blessed be & happy researching,
Lynn
[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 03:05:46 am »

Hi Greg,

Great information, and thanks for writing in such detail. 

Cleasterwood's map:

I don't think that Asher has found anything of real merit either.  Her first expedition off the coast of Spain was thirty some years ago, you would think something of merit would have been found by now.

Is Asher a member of A.R.E., too, by the way? i notice that in her website, she makes quite a few references to Edgar Cayce.

What is the purpose of looking off the Canaries and Spain?  Doesn't most of the evidence found so far (even all the finds that you have gone over here) seem to point to an Atlantis in the Bimini/Caribbean region?  I haven't heard of any finds at all off the coast of Spain, with the exception of those hyped by Mr. Georgeos - even he seems to be searching for Atlantis on dry land. Have you heard of finds off Spain or the Canaries that you'd like to talk about?

Tempest
Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 02:23:29 pm »

Tempest:

Quote: "I don't think that Asher has found anything of real merit either.  Her first expedition off the coast of Spain was thirty some years ago, you would think something of merit would have been found by now."

She found a few things on the bottom. The problem is that they sure don't look like ruins. They look like dumped cargo. But I have no doubt that there was a maritime culture off coastal Spain in truly ancient times. By definition, its remains won't be found on land. My observation on "Atlantis" searchers is that they tend to always suggest that Atlantis was in their own backyard, out of convenience.

"Is Asher a member of A.R.E., too, by the way? i notice that in her website, she makes quite a few references to Edgar Cayce."

Answer: I know she was involved in Bimini research starting in the 1970s. I have no idea whether she's in the ARE now or not. I don't think so for the reason that we have never had any sort of contact from her, and the ARE has publicized our research to members. But I don't know.

Quote: "What is the purpose of looking off the Canaries and Spain?  Doesn't most of the evidence found so far (even all the finds that you have gone over here) seem to point to an Atlantis in the Bimini/Caribbean region?  I haven't heard of any finds at all off the coast of Spain, with the exception of those hyped by Mr. Georgeos - even he seems to be searching for Atlantis on dry land. Have you heard of finds off Spain or the Canaries that you'd like to talk about?"

Answer: This is a bit more than I want to detail. Plato's description of the Atlantis empire spoke of a main island and how one could hop from island to island across the Atlantic eventually reaching the opposite continent. I do theorize that Cuba was the main island, but from Plato's account we know that the Atlantis maritime culture went into the Mediterranean from the Atlantic. Our underlying theory is that Atlantis was an empire of islands stretching from Gibraltar to Cuba. The Center City was on Cuba. But there were ports in many places, probably Bimini, Andros, Cay Sal...and then spots in the Atlantic. Yes, we have direct evidence of underwater ruins of a sort off the Canary Islands. To my knowledge, these have never been given anything but a cursory look.  The same might be said of Spain. For all the hoopla and verbal arguments for Spain, it seems that nothing is really ever done in terms of someone actually looking or conducting physical searches. So if all the anticipated things take place, we'll expand our search. But Cuba remains our big target, simply on hold. As a side-note, I won't get into debates on the quibbling, miniscule translation arguments used by some to say Atlantis was here or not there... Everyone is certainly entitled to interpret up as down, left as right, and inside as outside. All that matters to us is simply looking for what is actually in certain locations and reporting the actual finds.

Greg
Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:25 pm »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for answering in such detail. What you described as Atlantis:  Atlantis as was an empire of islands stretching from Gibraltar to Cuba, with Cuba as the capital, is certainly a lot more practical and inventive than anyone else's ideas who are looking for Atlantis.

"Larger than Libya and Asia combined," would describe the empire, not necessarily the territory it was on. The Greeks certainly wouldn't know how big the central territory it was, or what territory that they controlled, only that they came from out there, someplace in the Atlantic.

That actually is the most logical version of Atlantis that I have come across:  an island empire with it's capital in Cuba.  The only question is, what Atlantic Islands did they control?  And how advanced was their civilization?

You said you had direct evidence of underwater ruins off the Canary Islands, care to say anything more about them?  I am sure you know about the Canary Island avalanches (a future one is supposed to be capable of causing an event like the 2004 tsunami). I always thought that if we found evidence of one in recent times, we'd have pinpointed our Atlantis catastrophe.

I'm totally with you on the translation thing.  In my opinion, people play around with that too much (acting like all the people who translated the ancient Greek were somehow inept).  Either you believe the story, as written or you don't.  That's why I think it is important to look less at the texts and more at the archaeology and satellite images - in other words, actual evidence of this maritime culture.

I think that Spain had something to do with Atlantis, but there was no way that it actually formed the basis for Atlantis. I've always looked at Tartessos as one of the port cities of Atlantis, if even that. 

Asher has said there are as many as four sunken cities in the eastern Atlantic.  I don't know where she gets that from, but have you heard any evidence of that?  I do know that she cites Edgar Cayce as an influence, but I have read his readings, too, and I don't remember him ever saying anythng like that.

Tempest
Report Spam   Logged

Tanatu

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2007, 02:40:52 pm »

ice age civilation?i am sure that they where highly advanced the atlanteans,all modern people are atlanteans,where i got that from raven key from the old atlantisrising forums,he is clairvoyent,i even asked about my past life,what i learned was intersting..
Report Spam   Logged
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2007, 03:48:37 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Tanatu, "for the pride of he Atlantean race."
Report Spam   Logged
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2007, 03:51:48 pm »

Isn't Riven around here someplace, too?
Report Spam   Logged
Tanatu

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2007, 04:36:10 pm »

he is here?
what i miss on this site,is members list in aplhabet
its long live human race,atlanteans=modern humans
Report Spam   Logged
Tanatu

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2007, 04:39:57 pm »

noticed members tab heh,missed it before,there is a raven on the member list but i think it not raven key.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: