Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:38:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

If people evolved from apes why are there still apes?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If people evolved from apes why are there still apes?  (Read 1094 times)
Rebecca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 10:41:26 pm »

'I would hate to think that this still quite greedy and warlike human we still are is the end result of what we were meant to be.''

...and this can be construed to mean your religiosity can tell you there has to be a better explanation in terms ''of what we were meant to be''?

If your evolution viewpoint tells you we are still evolving and my presumed interpretation of your 'meant to be' is from a religious perspective then Christians and others are right when they say man will be a much better species when God returns to corrrect humanity's wayward disposition? Then God/ID and evolution work hand-in-hand?

If life is cyclical from an evolution-only standpoint then I find it odd that evolution has seen fit to equip most humans with an unrelenting image of a creator or two.

And yet, religion actually has very little to do with where I think that humankind should be.  Humans have learned to speak, create a language, civilzation and cities.  Dinosaurs weren't able to do that. Humans have proven to be surprisingly adaptable.  It would only make sense that one day we shall take measure to avoid things that might someday destroy ourselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: