Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:38:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

If people evolved from apes why are there still apes?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If people evolved from apes why are there still apes?  (Read 1095 times)
Rebecca
Superhero Member

« on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:42 am »

I note you mentioned Africa as the birthplace of humanity, and it surely thus far has shown itself to be the place. Yet I can't shake the suspicion there is more to the story than meets the eye and ear; some more of that 'faith' I was talking about. Archaeology, paleoanthropology, molecular genetics, they all place human origins in Africa. Still, I can't reconcile myself to simply say well, that's the end of the story.  And it has nothing to do with the hue of anyone's skin; after all we are directly related genetically. But to me it leaves far too many areas of discussion unattended.

Not sure what you are getting at with this one.  For some odd reason, many people have been resistant to the idea of Africa as the cradle of life, and yet, it makes perfect sense to me.   Human beings evolved from apes, they shared a common ancestor, some of the creatures migrated to the north and east and other hues of humans were born. We are still evolving.  I would hate to think that this still quite greedy and warlike human we still are is the end result of what we were meant to be.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: