Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 08:27:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

If people evolved from apes why are there still apes?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If people evolved from apes why are there still apes?  (Read 1156 times)
Andrew Waters

« on: September 04, 2008, 11:51:16 pm »

Rebecca says,
''The line is clear [on evolution], we just haven't found all the specimens yet.
True... and all we need is a few more thousand years. No wait, make that a few hundred.  Wink

Anyway, apes and humans have a common ancestor—which looked like, what, half human and half ape? I'm puzzled. Did this ancestor walk on all fours or just walk upright. Was it a combination of both. When did it make up its mind? Since the dna linkage is more chimpanzee then how did the apes get in here if it is the common ancestor? Then the ape isn't the common ancestor but the chimp? Yet the chimps are related to the ape, and humans and apes have/share a common ancestor but more genetically unlike each other than the chimps. Do I need my Etch 'n' Sketch pad here. Also I read somewhere a year ago humans and chimps evolved slower than apes. I'm sure that's controversial. Whassup with all this.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:52:22 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: