Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:32:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

what was the language of Atlantis?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what was the language of Atlantis?  (Read 10211 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2007, 09:30:18 pm »

Elric,

About my new theory:  I think I'll wait a while - I am so enjoying "YOUR" gift to ME,

that I don't want to argue with all the "experts" on this board.......I don't have any

SCIENTIFIC proof and/or PLATO's real and "genuine", original Greek to back it up.  Just

common sense and observation. (And a good measure of "gut feeling/intuition")

Hugs,
B
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2007, 11:54:16 pm »

"Jurgen Spanuth's book, "Atlantis of the North,"

Atlantis itself has been identified with the island of Heligoland off the north-west German coast by the author Spanuth, Jürgen,[38] who postulates that it was destroyed during the Bronze Age around 1200 BCE, only to partially re-emerge during the Iron Age.  ....from Wiki.

This location is similar to Atland (Oera Linde boek) and the Dogger Bank hypothesis. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:08:17 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Boreas

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 08:32:37 pm »

The stone from Kylver farm in Stanga (Gotland) .

Now, we can take a closer look at the photograph supplied on page 13 in Prof. Jansson's book: The whole Primitive Norse rune-row is recorded on a stone, used as a side-slab in a sarcophagus, and found in Kylver farm in Gotland.

Since the characters from the 1st to the 6th spell out futhark, this word is used to denote the runic script. However, some characters are cut slightly different on the stone than what is shown within the text above:

An identical form of the futhark character shown under #23 is also found in the Tonyukuk inscription, and commented upon on page 149 in Prof.Ergin's book, although it is not given in the main list of symbols. In this book, it is stated to mean "head". But for me, it signifies k+l. kel kelle, which is a synonim for the same word, and a composite form of these two distinct characters. The same thing can be said for the character #13: It is a composite form of the symbols

meaning (to) talk, (to) speak in English. It is also interesting if we consider the form as a pictoglyph of an open mouth.

Now, I shall venture to read this 24-character rune row, from right to left, by applying the rules of reading Gokturk inscriptions

The meaning obtained thru reading the above piece, as if it were written in ancient Turkish, can roughly be rendered in today's English as follows:

The light of wisdom arrived/descended, he himself carved onto this erect stone, with ( the pointed tip of ) his arrow/dagger, the words he uttered/spoke through his own mouth.

I shall refrain from venturing into any philological or philosophical interpretations here. But, I would like to draw your attention to the emergence of the word O.d.ng, when the characters numbered 24, 23, 22 are considered in their runic namesakes. In the Scandinavian mythology, it was Odin, the Norse God who brought the gift of divine script to mankind. Then, the very name of the god in these three symbols read out as the light of wisdom (alias the divine reason), or the sage/lord of light in ancient Turkish... The readers further interested in this subject should get in touch with me.

http://www.antalya-ws.com/futhark/FUTHP3E.HTM

This is a key-point in the analyzis of the languages of old Eurasia. Thus I may emphasize the value of the above interpretations - and their conclusive remarks about the content of the word, the phrase and the expression - known as "Odin"/"Utin"/"Wuthin"/"Wothan" in the various writing-systems that evolved during the middle ages. 

The literature of the middle ages were basically describing, commenting and decaptivating the "old gods", by covering the real histories behind the various pantheons and cultures of "pagan Europe". Thus we have lost the history of their essencial values behind the cultures, constitutions and societies that once went from stone-age slabs with runes to the decorated monuments of Eurasian antiquity.

Then history - both literate and archaeological - tells of a continuum of warfare that arrived out of Asian antiquity - to tear most of the antique towns of southern Eurasia down. With the Roman conquests this woodfire crossed the Alps and the Balkans - to spread across the entire Eurasian continent until "...not a stone was left on a stone."

Luckily the art of writing survived. Thus my emphasis on the significance of old runes - since they do appear to be the first Phonetic Alphabet, so far known. Further, as this article brilliantly shows; the knowledge and use of "runic letters" are actually found far outside the Baltics, too. Actually it is found on several continents.

Searching the origin of the IE-languages, who may come from an older "atlantean" language, logic would point towards the heartland of these old rune-masters - that once developed into the basic lingua behind all IE languages. Inherrent within this language we find a system of sounds, where the key-strokes are systemized in a "key-ring" - known as the "alphabeth".

Today we may use these "key-strokes" both by ear and by eye. Since the "revolution of writing" the various IE languages - as well as their respective alphabeths - evolved. What they all have in common - though - are their "phonetic" nature, rather than "descriptive" as we find "hieroglyphs" and "chineese signs". An alphabet is by definition a "closed ring" of signs - supposed to cover all sounds nessecary (and no other) - to express ANY word within any human language.

We tend to forget - but the first thing needed to reunite this world is a common language, that may effectively communicated and understood - all around the globe.

Today we have one such language. Thanks to the technical revolution of the Anglo-European world, we are now privileged by history - to be part of the first world wide web that transfers both oral and literal messages - 24/7. Though - all of it is still based on the phonetic alphabet, as it evolved from the heart-land of the old rune-masters. Which is yet another reason to re-examine the historic significance of the realm here described as "Odng" - or "Odning", which means "Man of Oden".

The "Men of Oden" were also known as "Aser" (Europe) and "Han-o-Man" (Asia). The above article gives a very good impression of how this "Oden" was considered within the pre-religious culture of Anatolia and Caucasus - when knowledge and crafts, wisdom and arts were still the highest virtues.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:06:42 pm by Boreas » Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 11:32:40 pm »

Elric,

Great to see what you posted on the runes and 24,23,22... Odin.

Have you been reading the Bock saga material?  The "Men of Oden", the Aser are the key to all this.....

www.bocksaga.de   www.bocksaga.com

also on the "Alphernas Beten":
http://www.greaterthings.com/CiprianPater/AlphernasBeten.htm

I do hope you will study the Bock material so as to enter into a new dialog on this....

Also, have you read the book about Olof Rudbeck?  FINDING ATLANTIS (David King) has a particularly interesting section (p.200) on Mercury/Hermes' staff.  Rudbeck believed he had come across the origin of Hermes/Mercury...the Aesir god Heimdall whose official function had been enshrined in his name which drew on the Swedish words hemlig and taler, meaning secret and speaker....entrusted with sensitive information and then sent to carry out various special missions. 

He goes on to show that the two entertwined snakes ( a common symbol in the north in the distant past) were actually a perfect microcosm of the runes.   In fact, on examination, each letter of the runic alphabet could actually be encoded in the various angles of the god's symbol.   Affixing numbers to various points on the staff and the snakes, Rudbeck provided directions for marking the runes by using Mercury's caduseus....  rudbeck goes on to say that Hermes was, according to traditional accounts of classical mythology, the god who brought the alphabet into many places in antiquity, from Egypt to Arcadia.

(paraphrased from the above mentioned book)

I wonder what the connection is between Odin and Hermes in regards to responsibility for transmitting the alphabet....
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Jake

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2007, 01:36:08 am »

I think/feel that the language of Atlantis was Vril. Vril was based upon an older language, Enochian. (Yes, the angelic Enochian)

I will try to find some sights from which I can post the language, as we know it today.

It resembles very closely what I have seen thus far on this topic.

More to come ......

Jake
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 10:25:14 pm »

The language of Old europe was not TheIE languages.It could be Basque or etruscan(According to the german linguist Theo Vennemann it was Basque)
but I think most likely in the Mid Europe They spoke Etruscan.
IE languages are nothing but a creole of semitic and etruscan and the other local languages.IE language was never spoken before 2000 BC.The so callaed Indo-europeans are a mixture people of Elamic+semitic+ etruscan(Etruscan language also coould have taken its roots from dravidian-elamic - language)
They were never been an Indo-european people before 2000 BC.
european people didnt come from Anywhere.they were there when the IE people(Yaphetides ) came.IE people spoke a semitic language.their language were mixed up with the Etruscan.then They became Indo-European!!
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 10:29:49 pm »

dear jake what kind of language was vril?Lokks like finnish?Or Hungarian??
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: