Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:16:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

what was the language of Atlantis?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what was the language of Atlantis?  (Read 10217 times)
Elric
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 08:51:08 pm »

Elric,

If you have not yet read "Finding Atlantis", I hope you will obtain a copy.  I got one very cheaply from Amazon.  It is the story of Olof Rudbeck, a true genius of Sweden who lived in the 1600s who spent the last 30 years of his life compiling and publishing ATLANTICA, a 2500 page tome on the origin of Atlantis.  His life story is now for the first time in English.

Rudbeck shows how the caduceus, encircled with 2 intertwined snakes, which are a common symbol in the north, is actually a code device, a perfect microcosm of the runes.  King says:

"In fact, on examination, each letter of the runic alphabet could actually be seen encoded in the god's emblem.  If one relied on various angles formed by the snakes around the staff, every single rune could indeed be crafted."
"Affixing numbers to various points on the staff and the snakes, Rudbeck provided directions for marking the runes by using Mercury/Hermes' caduceus."
"What a device for encoding the letters, and for transmitting the knowledge!  Rudbeck's discovery looks even more exciting when it is remembered that Hermes was, according to traditional accounts of classical mythology, the god who brought the alphabet to many places in antiquity, from Egypt to Arabia.  So Rudbeck concluded that the "god's" staff was the handy means of teaching the art of the runes.  And along with these Hyperborean heiroglyphics, the magical, mystical, and secret learning of the north would also be transmitted to the wise men of the Mediterranean."
"Developing this insight--how, when, where, why, and what it all meant-- was to be one of the central functions of Rudbeck's ATLANTICA."

Olof Rudbeck c.1679

from FINDING ATLANTIS by David King

Thanks, Rockessence, I plan to get the book shortly.  I have Jurgen Spanuth's book, "Atlantis of the North," is it similar?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: