Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:52:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pangea And Where Atlantis Fits In - ORIGINAL

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pangea And Where Atlantis Fits In - ORIGINAL  (Read 6765 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 11:55:56 am »

Huitzilíhuitl
Member # 1731

Rate Member   posted 07-25-2004 03:09 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings.

A logical possibility that has not still been considered is that Atlantis has been able to be the own America, and then there would not be any incoherence with the Pangea’s theory.

Since it began to have conscience that America was a new continent, and not the Oriental Indies as Columbus had supposed, it ended up thinking that America could be Atlantis, but the retarded and savage appearance of their autochthonous cultures, practitioners of religions of human sacrifices, as well as of not being after the last five centuries ruins or vestiges of a civilization so developed as the one mentioned by Plato, it has stayed to discarded America of that possibility.

However the ruins of the Atlantis have been consumed by those cultures of human sacrifices, among other things to make their own constructions, a sample of we can see it in the reference that makes Orion von Koch in this forum: "T. C. Overstreet and other historical researchers have pointed out, time after time, that enormous, thick sheets of mica were found by archaeologists on the fifth level of the Sun Pyramid in mid 1900s.

Later, at 400 meters down from the Sun Pyramid, reported by the Viking Foundation, another mica slab was found of considerable size: some 27.5 meters square (92 feet square) near the Avenue of the Dead. To the astonishment of all archaeologists, it was identified as a type of mica that is found in South America, and nowhere else.

This begs the question of why was this particular type of mica removed and transported some 3218.6 kilometers (2000 miles) to be incorporated into the building site at Teotihuacan? How could something this large be transported in a Stone Age period of history?

It is also to be noted that similar finds of South American mica were discovered in certain Olmec sites."

My opinion is that America (= Atlantis) it was flooded about 14 thousand years ago, at the beginning
of the big cataclysms that marked the end of the Pleistocene, and the time that remained flooded it was geology insignificant, but enough so that it was uninhabited, being begun to populate again for
the Asian man through the strait of Bering.

Meanwhile the survivors from the Atlantis that reached to arrive Africa, with the time built a new world civilization again, with their main metropolis in the high Nile, as I induce of Charles H Hapgood’s investigation, presented in their book "Maps of the ancient sea kings."

At the end of the glaciation, the white or European man that had remained caught in the low countries, it could begin to move toward the Mediterranean. The Nile’s atlantean have been amaze by this new race that had remained cloistered by the glaciers during about a hundred thousand years without having contact with the rest of the human races, and the same as the atlantean, it had a very reduced population compared with the Asian and African races, some to have remained confined by the nature, and others for the flood of their continent.

It was as well as the Nile’s atlantean decided to impel a new historical cycle starting from their scientific and religious knowledge, with the purpose of counteracting the disproportion of the racial populations, as well as of stimulating the development of the new race integrating it to their bigger sisters and exercising the power on them to end up learning how to use it correctly.

For that which they had to have created the old religions of human sacrifices, diffusing them in an encircling one geographical of the expansion of the new race, and leaving their prints from Stonehenge until the European coast of the Mediterranean, in The India, the Middle East and the same Egypt.

Such religions were the antecedent of the Christianity whose main character is also sacrificed for the salvation of the world.

Finally they returned to America, their original continent, to impose the religions of human offerings
here also and to wait the arrival of the western culture.

Greetings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 11:57:24 am »

dhill757

Member # 1890

Member Rated:
   posted 07-26-2004 09:49 PM                       

No problem, Anteros, I happen to like your work a lot myself!

Essan, we'd sure like to hear more about your new theory, when you're ready, that is.

Looks like this would be the perfect place to post it...
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 11:58:53 am »

atalante
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
   posted 07-27-2004 08:31 AM                       

Since about 1995, scientists have been able to talk about the history of continents BEFORE pangea.
For example, the continent called Rodinia existed approximately 1 billion years ago.

John Rogers, a geologist at the University of North Carolina, has spearheaded the new outlook for ancient continents.

It seems that continental material has been forming, somewhat continually, throughout the last 3 billion years.

On the continent of Rodinia, all the surface rocks which formed 3 billion years ago were clumped together. They included what is currently the sub-continent of India.

However after time passed, more continental material formed, and the continent called Pangea came into being. At that time, the clump of 3-billion-year-old rocks was located close to the current region called Madagascar. But they became unstable, and broke apart. And during the breakup, they shoved India into a collision course with Asia.

One of the interesting issues proposed in the new geology is that the old continents never "sink".

For example, the continent of Atlantica formed 2 billion years ago. But it split apart when the Atlantic Ocean began widening. Today, half of Atlantica forms the east coast of South America, and the the other half of Atlantica forms the central-west coast of Africa.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 12:00:07 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-29-2004 09:36 AM                       

I found that interesting, atalante, and just had to look it up.

http://www.scotese.com/Rodinia3.htm

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/dec98/913866772.Sh.r.html

This next link details, by maps, the progression. I found it very interesting.

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/platetec/plhist94.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 12:02:44 pm »

Chronos

Member # 2051

Member Rated:
   posted 08-04-2004 12:36 PM                       

I'm reading an interesting book right now called "A Continent Adrift." It's fiction, but it imagines Atlantis as an original piece of Africa that broke off and was set adrift in the Atlantic. For a time it's an earthly paradise, with the undersea volcanoes keeping it a warm tropical island, then eventually it's swallowed up by the ocean! It's constantly drifting, though, even beneath the ocean, which is why no one ever finds it.

Eventually, a nuclear submarine, commanded by the devil (I won't even get into that), goes looking for it because it's movements threaten the planet itself.

Interesting!
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 12:03:54 pm »

FallingSky
Member # 1675

Rate Member   posted 08-06-2004 02:39 AM                       

Quote:
"Here is a map of Pangea. As you can see, there does not appear to be any space in the mid-Atlantic where a continent like Atlantis could have existed"
Answer:
Der? try that one that looks like North and Sout America.
No mention of that one in the ancients texts. Use your noodle.

here try this ... http://www.geocities.com/webatlantis/

Quote:
"atalante,
Why are you still spreading that false theory as fact? Dinosaurs were not killed by any meteor. They became extinct because they had a brain the size of a walnut, 40 ton bodies and they ate all their food."

Answer:
Impossible for walnut brains to exist for millions of years, (AND THEN)...eat all their food.
Try all those ancient mighty "Dragon Slayer" myths stemming out of every culture.
dragon: "giant reptile" Hello?

Let me paint a picture for you... http://www.ohooligans.com/weird_dino_stones.html

FallingSky

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000931
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 12:04:59 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2008, 02:38:36 pm »

http://lh6.ggpht.com/sofiakovsky/R_qXkvDFtwI/AAAAAAAAANU/kIIX8iUDGY0/AAAA%20oclusion.jpg
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:29:57 am by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

LoneStar77

Carl Martin - Writer, Artist and Software Engineer

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 02:36:51 am »

Very interesting graphic, Mario, but cutting and pasting an enlarged image of Greenland and pasting it in the middle of the Atlantic (at an angle!), proves what? The island of Greenland did not swim through the Eurasia tectonic plate, and across the Mid-Atlantic Ridge to get to its current location.

If such a geological process existed, it would certainly have left physical marks (damage) on the existing plates (sea floor). No such skid marks show in any data I've ever seen.

On the subject of Pangaea and Atlantis, I think the original question is entirely moot. Why? Atlantis, if it existed where Plato said it did, would not have swum through oceanic plate to get there. A remnant continental fragment would require a ridge (spreading center) to give it distance from the continental margins. The magnetic striping on the ocean floor shows that the region of Atlantis extends from several million years old to several dozen million years old. Likely Atlantis would have been formed in situ from something like subduction or convergent compression. I invite all to take a look at my recent video on the Geology of Atlantis, http://www.ancientsuns.com/fwd/mia/atlantis.php. This gives one plausible method for the geological creation and destruction of such a landform.

We also have proof of an Atlantis-like event occurring about 9620 BC. For more on that, I invite you to check out, http://www.ancientsuns.com/fwd/mia/atlantis-articles/atlantis-proof.php. Three items of scientific evidence, each from a different discipline, show that something big happened on that date. Though they don't prove Atlantis, directly, they are the closest thing we have to a "smoking gun" in the death of Atlantis.

Rod Martin, Jr.
Report Spam   Logged

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
"Now we have proof that something BIG happened right when Plato's Atlantis subdided. We have the 'smoking gun.'"
www.MissionAtlantis.com
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:28 am »

Very interesting graphic, Mario, but cutting and pasting an enlarged image of Greenland and pasting it in the middle of the Atlantic (at an angle!), proves what? The island of Greenland did not swim through the Eurasia tectonic plate, and across the Mid-Atlantic Ridge to get to its current location.

If such a geological process existed, it would certainly have left physical marks (damage) on the existing plates (sea floor). No such skid marks show in any data I've ever seen.

On the subject of Pangaea and Atlantis, I think the original question is entirely moot. Why? Atlantis, if it existed where Plato said it did, would not have swum through oceanic plate to get there. A remnant continental fragment would require a ridge (spreading center) to give it distance from the continental margins. The magnetic striping on the ocean floor shows that the region of Atlantis extends from several million years old to several dozen million years old. Likely Atlantis would have been formed in situ from something like subduction or convergent compression. I invite all to take a look at my recent video on the Geology of Atlantis, http://www.ancientsuns.com/fwd/mia/atlantis.php. This gives one plausible method for the geological creation and destruction of such a landform.

We also have proof of an Atlantis-like event occurring about 9620 BC. For more on that, I invite you to check out, http://www.ancientsuns.com/fwd/mia/atlantis-articles/atlantis-proof.php. Three items of scientific evidence, each from a different discipline, show that something big happened on that date. Though they don't prove Atlantis, directly, they are the closest thing we have to a "smoking gun" in the death of Atlantis.

Rod Martin, Jr.

Smiley I came to this same conclusion about this idea. However, an island-continent with a mountain and the other geologic features that Plato describes is also not turning up anywhere in the great Atlantic. However, there is global evidence that people from around the world at around the time of the end of the last ice age was able to exchange ideas. There is still alot of unresolved mysteries surrounding this. It's as if they were able to exchange information globally.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: