Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 10:16:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Sunken Continents versus Continental Drift

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunken Continents versus Continental Drift  (Read 8386 times)
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 09:22:23 am »

Dear Carolyn Silver,

I think before we begin arguing against the idea of a sunken island or continent, we first have to decide how much of Plato's Atlantis actually sunk in the first place!

I am very sorry if i gave the wrong impression, it is difficult to explain things sometimes...

I will tell you my honest opinion! Plato was right when he said that the Island sunk... but only slightly!

Greenlandīs peripheral Continental Plate was slightly submerged when it moved North. The reason was that while the Ocean floor became "Bouyant" it floated as i stated earlier:

Rotational stability is of great importance to floating vessels. Given a small angular displacement, the vessel may return to its original position (stable), move away from its original position (unstable), or remain where it is (neutral).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_statics

When the floating media hardened and impeached further said "bouyancy", the island wasn't able to return to its original leveled position. Therefore the island was "trapped" between a sunken and afloat situation. This is very difficult to prove but i hope one day everything will be confirmed. I am not an expert, please keep that in mind!

I understand that Science could be at the brink of a discovery, but i can tell you this much: they will not find Atlantis in the Atlantic Ocean floor. But i am listening, seriously!

with regards
M
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:27:12 am by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: