Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:49:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How to Post Pictures

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Post Pictures  (Read 11317 times)
Andrew Waters

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2010, 09:35:54 pm »

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/Route66/MarilynMonroe.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Conan_doyle.jpg/200px-Conan_doyle.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2010, 09:45:16 pm »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Conan_doyle.jpg/200px-Conan_doyle.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2010, 09:53:26 pm »

One more time then I'm hitting the sack.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:59:06 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2010, 11:11:51 pm »

Howdy, Andrew,

You're almost there.  You are only doing ONE thing wrong.

Instead of putting both IMG brackets at the end of the web address, you put the first set before, and the second one last, like so:

IMG web address for picture /IMG

And, of course, you use the brackets like you wre doing.

Hope that helps!

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Andrew Waters

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2010, 09:27:56 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:33:32 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:58 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:58 pm »

1 through 5 seems to be fine. I read somewhere on this topic yesterday when I was here and someone said, talking to another poster a couple of years ago, not to click on the picture again. When I tried that technique I don't see a ''copy'' sign anywhere. So I decided to click on the picture (again) just to see and sure enough it said ''copy''. But... after clicking on 'copy' that screen heads off to digital heaven; there is no ''ok'' button. Maybe Vista Premium is at work here?

Then starting at number 6, the instructions (1-8) tell me to paste the url in my post. Well it seems to me I can't paste the url in the post until I bring up the picture again to get the url, then highlight it, then do the contol ''c/v'' stuff. I think that's where it breaks down for me.

Now I'm sure I'm overlooking something at this specific point because last night after somehow getting the url in the post, once I clicked on it it showed the picture as a linked standalone presence. But that was progresss compared to now; all we see is the ''x''.

Brooke, last night, after I clicked on the second square from the left, just above the smilies that's when the IMGs were both inserted on the right end.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:47:03 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2010, 10:42:20 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:07 pm »

Success finally. I think I know what happened and it involves step ''5'', at least for me... I think..
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:27:43 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:08 pm »

Brooke, I hope you don't mind my using your picture but when I started having success it was easy to run with it.

Thanks again for your patience and help and the administrator too. Sarah, thanks again for the directions to the link.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:39:34 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged
Andrew Waters

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2010, 12:58:58 am »

Here's what worked for me.

I followed steps 1-4 successfully

At step number 5 I right-clicked on the picture again as instructed (this makes twice thus far). When the screen appeared I pressed the ''copy'' button. This screen immediately disappeared after pressing the copy key; there is no ''ok'' key to be found,  at least with my system and Vista Premium.

I can't successfully complete the operation until: I right-click the picture again; this makes the 3rd time. At this point step 1 screen appears again. I then highlight the url (address) and press ''ctrl c''. I did not press ''ok'' at all. I don't know if that would make a difference at this point or not but since I had success in posting 2 pictures I felt safe in ignoring ''ok'' after calling this screen again from step 1.

So between steps 5 and 6 is where my problem occurred.

It did add a few more seconds to the operation but it worked for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2010, 01:37:21 am »

Good work, Andrew!  It is kind of tricky at first, depending on which browser you use, you have to hang in there.  If you read some of the earlier posts in this thread, you can see that lots of people had just as hard time getting the hang of it.  I'm glad that I could bring you some luck!

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Andrew Waters

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2010, 01:32:19 pm »

Hello Brooke.

I did read some of the comments but got lost in the two days I was trying to find my answer. After Sarah had given me the link to posting pictures I placed it in ''notepad'' but even there it wasn't safe from my mismanaging fingers on this keyboard; I deleted it somewhere down the line. So I scoured this and that, typed in a search for posting pictures, came up with something but not enough to get me back here.Then I noticed Posting Pictures is at the top of the home page. Yes it's a conspiracy I think. Wink

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:33:32 pm by Andrew Waters » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: