Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:12:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

10 ways to avoid a speeding ticket

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 ways to avoid a speeding ticket  (Read 155 times)
Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: July 23, 2008, 01:20:59 pm »

10 ways to avoid a speeding ticket

Story Highlights
People who get noticed by cops are the ones who get speeding tickets

Leading the pack, being only speeding car on road makes you stand out

Cops in the median strip will catch the speeder in the far left lane more often

Bright-colored cars more likely to draw a cop's initial attention

Next Article in Living »

By Eric Peters

(AOL Autos) -- People who get speeding tickets are often guilty of more than simply driving faster than the posted limit.

Want to avoid a meeting with this guy? Do not change lanes frequently, tailgate or otherwise drive aggressively.

Their chief offense? It's getting noticed in the first place. That's the first domino to fall in the ugly chain of events that leads to a piece of "payin' paper."

Here are some common sense ways to run under a cop's radar -- literally:

Drive within 5-10 mph of surrounding traffic

Cops are usually looking for drivers who are going noticeably faster than the other cars on the road. If you're within a pack of cars all going 5 to 10 mph over the limit, you've automatically improved your odds of not being the one that gets pulled over for a speeding ticket, even though you're all technically speeding.

The cop has to pick one car; if you go with the flow of traffic, it probably won't be you. And it definitely won't be you if you don't speed in the first place.

Try to stay in the middle of the pack

If you're the lead car, logic says you'll be the first car to run past any cop's radar trap up ahead and get a speeding ticket. And if you're the last car, you'll be the one the police officer rolls up behind. That means the safest place is in the middle -- just like a gazelle fleeing a hungry lion by seeking safety in the middle of the herd.

Don't Miss
AOL Autos: A new way to find speed traps
AOL Autos: Most expensive states for speeding
AOL Autos: How to fight a speeding ticket
Find a 'rabbit'

If you can't find a pack of cars going the speed you'd like to maintain, the next best thing is to find yourself a rabbit -- a solitary driver traveling the speed you'd like to drive that you can follow discretely, about 50-100 yards back. If there's a cop using radar, hopefully the rabbit will trip the trap and get a speeding ticket, not you.

And if he brakes suddenly, you have just received your early warning in time to take defensive action. AOL Autos: Fast cars over 600 HP

Don't change lanes frequently, tailgate, drive aggressively

In addition to being rude and dangerous, you're just asking for a trucker or someone with a cell phone to call the cops and give them a description of your vehicle and license plate number.

Always use your signals and be courteous to fellow drivers. It's safer, and it will help you fade into the background. AOL Autos: Fast, fuel-efficient cars

Avoid the fast lane

Use the far left lane to pass when necessary, but try to stay in the middle lanes when possible.

Reason? If a cop is lurking in a cutout along the median strip (or coming at you from the opposite direction on a divided highway) the speeder in the far left lane is the one most likely to become the target. Drivers who get nailed with speeding tickets are often the type who rack it up to 10 or 15 over the limit and remain in the far left lane.

Watch for cutouts and modulate your speed accordingly

On many highways, there are cutouts in the median strip every couple of miles. Usually, you can see these in plenty of time to slow down a little bit in case there's a cop lurking behind the bushes ready to give you a speeding ticket. AOL Autos: 10 hot, small cars

Don't speed when you are the only car on the road

If you ignore this warning it's the equivalent of plastering a "ticket me!" bumper sticker on your vehicle. Even if you're only doing five mph over the posted limit, if there's a cop using radar, he's got nothing to look at but you.

Lonesome speeding is even more dangerous in small towns, where radar traps and aggressive enforcement by cops can be common. And never speed late at night. Drunk-driving patrols are heavy and cops are more inclined to pull you over for any offense in order to check you for signs of alcohol. Don't give them a reason. AOL Autos: Cars with the most thrill per gallon

If it's OK legally, get a radar detector

Yes, they're expensive (good ones, anyhow). But a one-time hit of, say, $300 for a decent radar detector is cheaper than even a single big speeding ticket and the higher insurance costs that will come with it. Radar detectors are legal in most states and well worth the investment to avoid a speeding ticket.

And finally, if possible, drive a nondescript vehicle

It may not be fair, but it's human nature to notice things that stand out from the crowd. Bright-colored cars, those with loud exhaust or other pimped-out enhancements are the cars more likely to draw a cop's initial attention than ordinary-looking, family-type cars.

Since the cop has to single out one car, which car do you suppose is the likely candidate for a speeding ticket? The bright yellow Mustang GT with 20-inch chrome rims? Or the silver Taurus? AOL Autos: Eight newly designed cars

If you do get pulled over while driving a fancy, high-profile car, your odds of getting a speeding ticket versus a warning have probably gone up. If you're driving a fast-looking hot rod, the cop is going to assume you use it and deserve a ticket more than the guy in a family-looking ride whose plea that he "didn't realize he was speeding, officer" comes off as more believable.

Be aware that appearances count

That is, your appearance. If your appearance says, "Responsible member of the community," you're apt to get a more friendly response than if you look and act like trouble.

The worst possible thing you can do is combine all the no-no's listed above by driving a flashy car too fast, late at night when you're the only car on the road while looking like you just robbed a bank.

If you do that, expect a speeding ticket. And expect no mercy.

© 2008 AOL, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All About Police • Cars and Car Design

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/07/23/aa.speeding.ticket/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 01:25:56 pm »

How to beat a speeding ticket (or at least better your chances)

by Stewart Rutledge

I've gotten about thirty speeding tickets in my short life, but I have zero tickets on my record. That's because no matter how formal the processes may seem, when it comes to law enforcement, you are still dealing with human beings with hearts and minds just like yours. Appeal to them as such, and you will be amazed by the results.

Although I am a law student, I employed this advice before I ever went to law school, and my education has only reinforced these theories. My approach isn't foolproof legal advice - it's simply my experienced opinions with a little law mixed in. That said, here are my secrets to getting out of a speeding ticket ordered chronologically, from the point of being pulled over to your final options in the courtroom.

Note: All of this advice assumes that you are merely breaking traffic laws. If you're trafficking a kilo of crystal meth... well, if you traffic meth, you're probably not reading Lifehacker. So read on, non-meth-heads.

Blue lights... you're getting pulled over
1. Get your attitude right.

Fighting with the police officer never increases your chances of leniency. You want him to like you. Prepare to achieve this goal.

2. Turn your car off, and turn the interior lights of your car on.

Place your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel and remove your sunglasses or hat. Some people even advise you to place your keys on the roof of your car as a sign of total submission. Never, ever get out of the car.

The whole point of this is to take any unnecessary tension out of the encounter. You want the officer to be comfortable. Imagine the types of people and the dangers that most officers have had to deal with. Be just the opposite.

3. Be very polite and do exactly what the nice cop with the big gun says.

Save your pleas until after the basics are finished. Many officers will never speak to you until after they've done the basics. It's almost a litmus test for jerk drivers.

4. Once the officer has gotten your information, ask him politely if you may speak to him about your violation.

If you know you broke the law, admit it vehemently and tell the officer that he was completely right for pulling you over. Honest officers will admit that there is a lot of pride in police work, and, if you can sufficiently satisfy the pride factor, sometimes officers don't feel it necessary to punish you any further. The better you make the officer feel; the more likely he's going to like you enough to let you go.

5. Ask to see the radar then ask a few questions.

Many jurisdictions require that the officer allow you to see the radar. Don't press it if the officer says no because that's what a courtroom is for. But, at least ask, then ask a few more questions to show that you are watching.

You might ask, "When was the last time your radar gun was calibrated?" or "Where were you when you clocked my speed?" or "Were you moving when you clocked my speed?"

Do not ask these in an argumentative tone or sarcastic, know-it-all way. All that will do is make the pride in the officer fight you harder.

6. Plead your case.

Once you've gone over some basics with the officer and developed a temporary rapport, ask for mercy. Make it sincere and let the officer know that it's a big deal to you. Resist all urges to fight and get angry and simply beg as much as your dignity will allow. But, there is no reason to grovel.

7. Leave the scene as a non-memorable, nice person.

If the officer didn't let you go on the scene, then you want him to never remember you. Your next steps are in a more legal setting, and the less the officer remembers you, the better. Usually, officers only remember you if they want to remember to show you no mercy.

You've gotten a ticket, but you still want out
8. Call the officer at work.

Ask politely if you can arrange a time to meet with the officer to talk to him or her about a ticket you got recently. Usually, officers will readily meet with you, the taxpayer, and this meeting has gotten me out of many tickets.

But, don't go to the meeting and just say, "Will you let me out of this ticket?" You better have a story or some reason to motivate the officer to let you out. That's just up to you, but just be really nice and try to bridge that officer-civilian gap with a personal story and plead for mercy. The more the officer can identify with you, the more likely he is to want to show you mercy.

Remember always, the officer has full authority to drop your ticket, so remember how important he is in this process. Treat him and pursue him as the gatekeeper to your freedom. Don't be scared, though. You have a right to try to talk to the officer. You pay his salary.

9. Write a letter to the officer.

Even if you met with the officer, it can't hurt to write him a letter pleading your case to him. Write it professionally, succinctly, and include complete contact information. I've even gone so far as to offer alternative punishment. Although that alternative wasn't accepted, the officer was pretty surprised at my tenacity, and it motivated him to let me off the hook. He could tell that I really did care about this one ticket.

Make the ticket a bigger deal to you than to him, but you have to carefully do this in a professional, civil way. Anything else, and you're playing with fire.

10. Repeat calls and letters to the judge and/or the prosecutor.

If the officer won't listen to you, feel free to contact the judge that will preside over your case. Also, find out who the prosecuting attorney will be and call him at his office. They are just people, and the worst they can say is "no." You have nothing to lose at this point. Plead your case to either of them, but do not be a pest and be consistently apologetic for the lengths to which you are going to get out of your ticket. You must be sincere, or don't bother going at all.

In steps 8-10, you stand the risk of being labeled a nuisance or a troublemaker. If you get this impression too much, then bail out with apologies. But, do not be afraid to at least try to talk to the officials face-to-face. They are, after all, public servants, and you are that public.

The court is your friend
11. Follow all court guidelines.

Make the court clerk your best friend. Call the clerk often, and address him or her by first name. You want to make all court employees' jobs as easy as possible. Also, you do not want to miss any deadlines.

12. Delay.

Once you've gotten to know the clerk, ask for as many continuances (delays of your trial) as you can honestly ask for. Do not lie, but do plead for continuances to delay your trial date as long as possible. The farther you are out of the officer's memory, the better. I have heard of one case where the case was continued so long that the ticketing officer had transferred... case dismissed automatically.

13. Ask for alternative punishment.

Usually, your primary concern is keeping your ticket off your insurance. Many times, court clerks have the authority to let you go to driving school and keep the ticket off your record. Sometimes you have to pay court costs and the ticket, but at least your insurance premiums aren't going up. This completely depends on the court.

You can't handle the truth!
14. Understand your trial and your rights.

If you got a ticket, you have been accused of a crime. The ticketing officer signed a sheet of paper swearing that you broke a certain traffic law, and he saw you do it. That sworn statement is called an affidavit, and most tickets say that at the top. Don't get nervous, though; it's just a misdemeanor.

First, you'll have a hearing where you plead guilty, not guilty, or some other plea. Then, you'll have your trial where you plead your case. Then the judge decides your fate. It's really not scary at all, and you have every right to participate fully in this process no matter how much you are intimidated.

15. Show up to your first court date and plead anything but guilty.

Whatever you do, show up to your first hearing on time and dressed decently. It's probably not a good idea to wear a suit, though. In most traffic courts, you'll look silly. If you really want to know, go scope out the court ahead of time to see what to wear to blend in best.

You'll then be asked "what you plead." Pleading not guilty is a safe bet, although there are other pleas (e.g. nolo contendre) that have strange consequences in some courts. In some courts, a plea of nolo contendre has the strange effect of making your ticket just disappear to the court's files. You'd want to talk to a local lawyer about that one, though.

Most of the time, just politely say, "I plead not guilty, your honor." You'll be assigned a court date, and spend the next few weeks repeating steps 8-13. This is your second chance before the big day.

16. Go to court and duke it out.

If all else has failed, you should then go to your trial. Do not miss this out of fear, or you will definitely be found guilty. For instance, if the officer doesn't show up, for any reason, you're automatically out of the ticket. This is not unheard of.

Also, you may be able to talk to the officer or prosecutor before trial and cut a deal, just like the real convicts do on TV. If the officer is nervous about his case against you, he might let you off. This just depends on your case, but at least ask.

The trial is pretty simple. The prosecution will present their case against you. You get to respond and call witnesses if you want, and then the prosecution rebuts you. You cannot screw this up. At the very worst, you're found guilty, and you've lost nothing. Do not be scared to do this. It is your right, and you should claim it.

17. Suck it up, or fight on.

The judge will rule on you... guilty, not guilty, or some other punishment. You either take it or appeal it to the court of appeals. Rarely would it be financially wise to appeal a traffic decision, but that is up to you. And you do have the right.

Chances are, you let it die here. Try to make friends with the officer and prosecutor for next time, though.

18. Suck up... err, I mean write more letters.

It can't hurt to write the officer and prosecutor a letter telling them how nice they were and easy to deal with. Also, copy this letter to the mayor and the chief of police, and make sure you show the cc: at the bottom of the letter. That's your investment in next time.

Rage against the machine (without all the rage)
This stuff isn't rocket science. You're just dealing with people and trying to get them to see things your way. You have very little to lose, and it's a fun way to get to participate in the very government under which you live. I encourage all of you to employ all these steps in a friendly, civil way. Forget everything you've learned about courtrooms and lawyers and cops, and just go in there as a human being. It's your right, and it can really be fun and exciting. Think of it as your own personal crusade, and, if you push on, you will be amazed at how easy it is to find justice.

Slow it down there, speedy. This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer, but I am a law student. These are generalized discussions of life experiences, and any legal statements are simply journalistic opinion and fact. If you've got real problems, remember everything you've learned about lawyers, and go hire one.

Stewart Rutledge is in his final year of law school at the University of Mississippi.

http://lifehacker.com/software/cars/how-to-beat-a-speeding-ticket-or-at-least-better-your-chances-208611.php
Report Spam   Logged
Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 01:27:22 pm »

Fighting a Speeding Ticket
By Aaron Larson

Law Offices of Aaron Larson
September, 2003
Contents
Proper Notice of the Speed Limit
Photographs and Records
Improper Use of Radar or Laser
"Necessity" or Safety as an Excuse
Mundane Excuses Probably Won't Work
Once you have reviewed the general principles behind the decision of whether or not to fight a traffic ticket, there are additional considerations which relate to whether you can beat a speeding ticket. You should note up front that much of what you may have read on the Internet, particularly that which seeks to convince you to buy a book or publication, overstates your possibility of beating a speeding ticket. If there were easy ways to beat tickets, the information would be all over the Internet for free. There are technical defenses, some of which are outlined quite admirably in materials available for sale, but even when relevant they can often be difficult and burdensome to prove.

Proper Notice of the Speed Limit
A common point of defense to a speeding violation is that there was not proper notice of the speed limit. For example, the speed limit sign might have been hidden by foliage, or may not have been posted in compliance with state or local regulation. Please note that every jurisdiction has default speed limits for unposted roads. Before you raise the defense that a given road appeared to be unposted, you should check to see the consequences of proving your argument to the court. If the default speed limit is 35 miles per hour, and you were ticketed for driving 40 mph, even if successfully proved your defense may nonetheless result in your being convicted for speeding.

Photographs and Records
If you are going to claim that there was a physical problem at the location where you received the ticket, which resulted in such problems as the officer confusing your car with another due to an obstructed view, or foliage in front of a speed limit sign, it will help enormously if you take photographs from the relevant vantage points to document your defense. Such photographs should be taken as soon as possible after the ticket is issued, ideally under the same general weather and lighting conditions that existed at the time the ticket was issued. Please note that the problem may be repaired, particularly if it is temporary in nature (such as a fallen tree branch in front of a road sign), and if you don't act quickly you may not be able to document the problem.

Improper Use of Radar or Laser
All jurisdictions have basic training requirements for officers who monitor speed with electronic devices, such as laser or radar. They also have requirements for the maintenance of any devices used to monitor traffic. These regulations are available for purchase, and may also be available for review at a local government office (such as a city attorney's office). You can often schedule an appointment at a police agency to review their maintenance logs, or use a "Freedom of Information Act" (FOIA) request to obtain copies of relevant pages.

It is not unheard of for people to establish that the police did not properly maintain such a device, and thus that the reading is not admissible. Please note that this type of defense requires that you be proactive in advance of your court hearing, and obtain relevant police reports, as well as manufacturer instructions, regulations and maintenance logs for the equipment at issue.

It is also worth checking the maximum range at which the device used by the officer is considered functional. If the manufacturer says that the device works at 50 to 600 feet, and the officer claims to have taken your speed at 1,000 feet, it may be possible to exclude the radar or laser reading on that basis.

Another technical defense involves taking very careful measurements and photographs, documenting the manner in which your car approached the place where the police vehicle was parked to monitor oncoming traffic. You would first determine the first point at which the officer could have observed your vehicle. Based upon the speed recorded on the ticket and any relevant manufacturer instruction, you can then determine the distance your car would have traveled between that point and the officer's car. (You may wish to also factor in reaction time, unless the officer was taking a continuous reading, as there would otherwise be a short delay between the time your car appeared and the time the officer activated the speed detection device.) You may discover that by the time the officer could have obtained a valid reading, your car was too close to the speed detection device rendering that reading invalid.

At the same time, such defects may at times be overcome by the officer's testimony - "In addition to the radar reading of 84 mph, I clocked the defendant with my spedometer at 82 mph before I pulled him over." While it is also true that most jurisdictions require maintenance of patrol cars, including periodic verification of the accuracy of their spedometers, the odds of having inadmissible radar or laser and spedometer evidence are quite small.

"Necessity" or Safety as an Excuse
It has been documented that the safest speed for driving is ordinarily the average speed of traffic. It may thus be possible to argue that, although you were driving in excess of the speed limit, it would have been dangerous to drive at the actual speed limit. (e..g, the average speed of traffic is 70 mph, and the posted speed limit was 55 mph). Unfortunately, this defense probably will not work. First, it necessarily involves the admission that you were violating the posted speed limt. Second, under such circumstances it is usually the fastest cars on the road which are stopped by the police.

Mundane Excuses Probably Won't Work
If you are stopped for speeding, stating that your bladder is about to burst, that you weren't paying attention to the speed limit (for any reason), or any other excuse that is not a credible account as to why your driving conduct was not necessary to avoid an imminent accident, is not likely to convince an officer not to ticket you, and is not likely to convince a court not to convict you. At most, they may provide a basis for mitigation, where out of sympathy the officer tickets you for, or the court convicts you of, speeding at a lower speed than was recorded. Usually, an officer will write the actual speed that was recorded on the ticket, even when issuing the ticket at a lesser speed, so that the court and prosecutor are aware that you have already received a break.

At the same time, sometimes the outlandish excuse can work - if the officer believes it. For example, a woman I know managed to avoid a ticket by explaining to the officer that she was speeding because she was almost out of gas, and wanted to make it to a gas station before she ran out. She sincerely believed her excuse, and the officer let her off with a warning. A couple of weeks later, while at a restaurant with her family, the officer approached her table with a couple of his fellows and asked that she recite the excuse she had given - apparently, there was some skepticism at the police station as to whether somebody had actually given such an incredible excuse for speeding.

Copyright © 2003-2006 Aaron Larson. All rights reserved. No portion of this article may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder, except as follows: You may link this article to your website, either directly or through an ExpertLaw Library index page, provided your link does not depict this article, its author, or expertlaw.com in a negative manner.

Home
Expert Witness Directory Litigation Support
Private Investigators
Law Articles Law Forums
Research Links About Us

Traffic Law Articles
Avoiding Traffic Tickets
Should You Fight Your Ticket?
Fighting a Speeding Ticket
Traffic Tickets
Traffic Ticket Experts
Drunk Driving Law
Traffic Law Forums
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/traffic_tickets/speeding_ticket.html
Report Spam   Logged
Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:30:10 pm »

The best way to beat one is NOT to get one, so we'll deal with that first.

WHAT NOT TO DO:

1. Don't act like a dick. If you act like a belligerent idiot, you will end up with a lot more than just a speeding ticket. More likely you will end up in jail with your car impounded!

2. Do not admit guilt. Say nothing, if possible. The cop can use your admission against you in court. Better to say nothing or act dumb (see below)

WHAT YOU MUST DO:

1. Say "yes Officer, no Officer" to everything. You want this over with - fast!

2. Act stupid. It helps, even cops don't want to torture the stupid!

3. Act scared! As if the tickets means the end of your life! Again, cops waver at this point. They may not write it if they feel sorry for you.

4. Act ignorant about what you did. Even if they give you a ticket at least you didn't admit you were speeding, which they will use in court against you later.

IF YOU GET A TICKET:

1. Don't argue the situation out on the road - you will not win! You don't want them to remember you when you do go to court. SAY NOTHING - then drive away.

2. Remember everything about the situation! How much traffic, the weather, which lane you were in. Write it down if you are too stoned to remember this stuff.

AFTER YOU GET THE TICKET/PRE-TRIAL PLEA OR APPEARANCE

1. Always plead 'not guilty.' This may be a pre-trial appearance, or you may be able to send in the ticket with 'not guilty' plea. Try to delay a pre-trial appearance if possible. There will be a specified date if you have to mail in the plea.

AS THE COURT DATE APPROACHES:

1. Very important. DELAY, DELAY, DELAY!!!!!! Keep putting off that court date! You don't want to go to court! You want to make it so the cop thinks the case is so far in the past he'll never remember anything. A small story: When John Hussar, the director of The Blur of Insanity went to college he got a speeding ticket (90 mph in a 55 mph zone) from a New York State Trooper. He successfully put off going to court for two and a half years (mainly by lying about going on various trips to Europe)!! When he final did show up in court he discovered that the Trooper had been transferred out of the area! The case was immediately dismissed!
The Lesson? The longer you wait the better chance the cop won't show up!

2. Request information (optional, it can work for you, or make them want to nail you more!) Also they may or may not give you any of this depending on local laws!:

a.Copies of manufacturers names, including makes, models and serial numbers of all radar/laser guns in use by the Town/City/State Police Department.

b. Copies of manufacturers recommended maintenance for all of the above stated radar guns.

c. Copies of any manufacturer literature as it relates to the correct use, including but not limited to mounting, aiming, weather and traffic limitations, for all radar guns in use by the Town/City/State Police Department.

d. A copy of the past six months' maintenance records for all of the above stated radar guns, including, but not limited to, calibration specifications.

e. A copy of the Authorized Certification of Training, issued to the Officer who gave you the ticket, in the proper use of all radar guns in use by that Town/City/State Police Department he/she works for.

f. A copy of the patrol car assignments for the date you got the ticket.

This should give you something to work with, and also make the cop not want to show up to deal with all this crap!

COURT - A FRIGHTENING PLACE

What happens in court:

Go check in with the clerk.
See if your officer arrives, if he doesn't that will often be the end right there.
The judge will call your case.
The officer will testify first.
You then question the officer
You then call any witnesses you have
The officer can make a closing statement
You can make a closing statement
The judge decides.
1. Wear a suit, if you own one. If you look like a derelict, you will be treated like a derelict. We don't care if you think that is unfair! The world is not fair - grow up.

2. Be nice. Again, being a dick will just get you in trouble and solves nothing.

3. IT is the officers duty to prove you GUILTY. If he fails to prove your guilt the case will be dismissed.

BE confident that you will win the case!

Check the actual wording of the code you violated. If the officer fails to prove guilt in any part of the code then you should be dismissed.

BEFORE an officer can use the radar/laser reading as evidence, he has to establish a few things Jurisdiction Certification, up to date, accurate, traffic and engineering survey, radar/laser properly calibrated, tuning forks calibrated (with radar), FCC license, radar/laser unit appears on that FCC license

If the officer attempts to use the radar reading before establishing those things above, politely interrupt and say "objection your honor, inadmissible evidence."

Then tell the judge why. If the officer fails to prove your guilt at the end of his testimony don't question him, move to have the case dismissed. And explain what he failed to prove.

If the officer was moving when was his speedometer last calibrated? Have the records to see if he contradicts himself. If officer guesses your speed. throw something and ask him how fast it was going. If he is off by 3 MPH at 15 MPH speed then think about how far off he is at 35 MPH.

Were the speed limits prima facie? or Absolute? If prima facie then prove the speed you were traveling at wasn't unsafe.

ASK questions like: what color clothes was I wearing? did I have any passengers?

What was the weather like? To see how well versed the officer is.

See if you can attend traffic school in exchange for a dismissal of the charge (never bothers your insurance.)

OFTEN the worst part of a ticket is the increase in your insurance. By beating the ticket you don't have to worry about that...

Hopefully the cop won't show up - in which case you will ask that the case be dismissed - 99% of the time it will.

Anyway - there you have it. Good Luck. And if you beat a speeding ticket with any of this advice you have to make ten people you know go and see the movie!

ADVICE ON DWI TEST COMING NEXT

http://www.blurofinsanity.com/Speeding.html
Report Spam   Logged
Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 01:33:46 pm »

http://www.jesbeard.com/29ab.htm

HOW TO BEAT A 
SPEEDING TICKET
by Attorney Norman G. Fernandez Copyright © Norman G. Fernandez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS
S1-INTRODUCTION

S2-JAMMERS AND DETECTORS

S3-WHAT TO DO WHEN I AM STOPPED

S4-FIGHTING, PLEA BARGAINING, OR PAYING THE FINE

S5-PLAN AHEAD

S6-YOUR BASIC RIGHTS

S7-YOUR TIME IN COURT

S8-RADAR UNITS

S9-TYPICAL QUESTION FOR CROSS EXAMINATION

S10-LASER

S11-PHOTO RADAR

S12-VISUAL ESTIMATE, AIRPLANE RADAR, AND VASCAR

S13-PACING WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE

S14-BONUS SECTION -- OTHER TICKETS

S15-APPENDIX A -- PUBLIC RECORDS REQUST FORM

S16-APPENDIX B -- NOTABLE CASELAW

S17-APPENDIX C -- RADAR UNIT INFO

S18-OTHER RESOURCES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © Norman G. Fernandez 1998
Contact Attorney Norman G. Fernandez at his home page or by e-mail at Norman@Norman-Law.com

Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:05:56 am »

A lot of this is bull because cops can just Doppler a tree or a sign at a certain speed limit they feel like charging you with and there aint a damn thing you can do about it.

The best thing to do is to get a radar detector that messes up their guns and keep recent as technology is always changing.

The economy sucks and the Prison Industrial Complex needs supporting cuz the home taxes that used to be used for this stuff aint coming in anymore thanks to Bilderberg.

If you're drunk and an illegal alien that's your best bet.  If you're an American you're a fat-cow acheing to be fed upon !!!

In reality lawyers and judges would rather try real cases not extort money from people on behalf of the Prison Industrial Complex.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: