Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:12:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Will McCain stop criticizing Obama when he's abroad? No

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will McCain stop criticizing Obama when he's abroad? No  (Read 72 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: July 18, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »

Will McCain stop criticizing Obama when he's abroad? No
Posted: 10:00 AM ET

From CNN Correspondent Dana Bash

McCain is expected to continue criticism of Obama while he is overseas.

(CNN)—Senator John McCain tends to follow the old adage “politics ends at the water's edge,” but his aides tell CNN they have every intention of continuing their attacks on Obama while the presumptive Democratic nominee is on his overseas trip.
When he was in Canada in June, McCain refused to talk about Obama — and CNN was told from top advisers that McCain got angry at campaign aides back at headquarters for sending emails hitting the Illinois senator while he was abroad.
But the McCain campaign considers Obama’s trip to Europe, Iraq and Afghanistan fair game. McCain aides says the Obama campaign and the DNC both set precedent for it, by attacking McCain while he was in Europe and the Middle East in March, and during his recent trips to Canada, Colombia and Mexico.
In an e-mail response to CNN, McCain spokesman Brian Rogers attached a list of quotes from Obama and DNC press releases during the presumptive Republican nominee’s trips, and said “we don’t feel there’s any restriction on drawing contrasts while he’s abroad.”
The trip has already drawn significant media coverage — so there’s no doubt the McCain campaign will be watching Obama very closely.
The campaign has already sharpened its argument in the past week, branding the presumptive Democratic nominee’s trip to Europe as a photo opportunity, and his visits to Afghanistan and Iraq campaign stops, not a fact finding missions, since Obama announced his policies before visiting.
“I was very interested that he articulated and announced his policies and approached Iraq before he went, not after. Remarkable,” Senator McCain told Missouri voters Thursday.
“I've been on a lot of trips around the world, usually at your expense, but I usually issue my policy statements when I get back.”
Filed under: Barack Obama • John McCain
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:44:37 pm by Adrienne » Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 01:14:24 am »

...and the Bilderberger drama unfolds.    Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print