Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 03:46:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Piles of Dead, Toothless Sharks Found On Rural Road

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piles of Dead, Toothless Sharks Found On Rural Road  (Read 40 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« on: July 14, 2008, 11:01:17 am »

Dead, Toothless Sharks Found On Rural Road
Sharks Found Sunday On Side Of Spalding County Road

POSTED: 6:15 am EDT July 14, 2008
UPDATED: 10:32 am EDT July 14, 2008

GRIFFIN, Ga. -- State wildlife officials will try to learn Monday how a pile of dead sharks wound up on a rural Spalding County road.

Drivers spotted the six sharks Sunday afternoon on the side of Minter Road near Griffin. Wildlife officials said it appears the sharks died recently.

Griffin residents said they couldn’t believe their eyes.

"I thought they looked like sharks, but I can't freaking believe it," said resident Kara Davel. "I think it’s disgusting. People actually dump a lot of trash on this road."

Wildlife officials said hunting sharks is a crime in Georgia, and could bring the hunter as much as $100,000 in fines.

Officials said they noticed something unusual about the sharks. Each of the six sharks had all of their teeth removed. Whoever killed the sharks had to break the animals’ jaws to get the teeth.

"That is very strange, very strange. I can’t even imagine how they would have ended up there,” said resident Terry Becker.

Officials will retrieve the sharks sometime Monday. Depending on what type of sharks they are, state officials could launch an investigation.

"The fact that they're wasting all that meat and they're not using them for anything, I don't know if that's legal," Davel said.
Copyright 2008 by cbs46.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.cbs46.com/news/16874041/detail.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: