Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:17:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not  (Read 1165 times)
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:56:03 pm »

Yah-up

I knew he was a snake oil salesman the first time I saw him... and there was something extremely fishy about the way the mainstream media was pushing a newcomer over well established political leaders.  The way the nugded/ignored John Edwards out of the race was a real shame.

To much power concentrated in too few hands, where is Teddy Roosevelt when you need him? I really wouldn't be suprised if McCain won, according to the polls he is only a few points behind... which seems extremely hard to believe. But with the irregularities at the polls in the last two elections, combined with no-paper try Diebold voting machines...

Yeah, I got to say, I just don't see the snake oil salesman thing, I don't get that about him at all. The reason why he won is because he raised the most money, which happens in every race.  And if the media was pushing him, why does he get such bad press all the time, like the Reverend Wright thing?

I just don't get this animosity some people have towards Obama at all. It just amazes me how two people can see something and have totally different ideas about it. 
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 12:50:54 am »

The Constitution Party has a very viable platform.

Nader and McKinney aren't electable.

Barr is an ex-Repuglican in Libertarian clothing.

Chuck Baldwin is the Ron Paul of the Constitution Party.

The true enemy is the ignorant American who can't make this distinction and will blindly go into the North American Union or the FEMA Camps.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:17 am »

Chuck Baldwin Money-Bomb !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://noworldorder08.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 12:54:54 am »

http://www.loudobbsradio.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=696

Chuck Baldwin flyers.

Elect him or loose the Republic.   Cool
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 06:54:23 pm »

Hi Byron

I reluctantly admit to being a party man, I vote the straight Democratic ticket.  The way I see it the country cannot ill afford another right wing Supreme Court Justice, another reason is the Republican Parties unwavering support of concentrating power in the hands of the Execuitive Branch.  Which is weakening the Legislative Branch and unsettling the balance of power the founding fathers expertly wove into the fabric of our government.

In my opinion the Bush administration is guilty of breaking their vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of these United States.  They have gotten away with wire-tapping on a scale Richard Nixon never dreamed of and was removed from office over. Of course the trampling of habeus corpus which is the foundation of our legal system and the only thing that seperates legitmate government from tryanny. Without the right to a speedy trial by your peers you have no rights, period.

In conclusion, although personally I think Obama has pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes I will still support my party.

Hi Jennifer

You make a very good point, I would just like to say that while other people seemed to think that George Bush was a likeable fellow, to me he always came across as an arrogant, mean-spirited and sneaky looking.

When the press was pushing him as the candidate most americans would like to have a beer with, I had to laugh... I wasn't all that hepped up for having a beer with an Ivy League cheerleader, draft dodger and spoiled little rich kid who never did an honest days work in his life and who was handed every job, (board membership) he ever had because of his daddies connections.

Hi Bianca

I am doing good, how are you dear? I have been around but I usually hang out at the bottom of the forums where most of my threads are. 

I saw your work on the Sufforage Movement, I thought it was a great reminder of how hard it was for the people to earn their rights and privileges, even in this democracy and it seems that in these times we will have to fight to keep them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:32:58 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 11:50:59 pm »

Guys, you will never find a candidate that won't end up disappointing you, one way or another.  And crabby old McCain is just as bad as Bush is and probably worse!  I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sick of big business rich warmongers running this country into the ground for the sake of the uppermost 1% and getting more of our soldiers killed in oil wars!

So, whatever you do, I hope you keep in mind how shitty the last eight years were and vote for change. 
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 12:54:58 am »

It's very simple people.

Globalists: McCain, Obama, Barr,

Constitutionalist:  Baldwin

Don't wait until there's Martial Law and people are getting thrown into FEMA Camps left and right before you realize that ENDGAME is being carried out.

There is no one here that hasn't heard of Bilderbergers.  Cast a wise vote this fall people.  It's your future as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 10:24:38 pm »

You make a very good point, I would just like to say that while other people seemed to think that George Bush was a likeable fellow, to me he always came across as an arrogant, mean-spirited and sneaky looking.

When the press was pushing him as the candidate most americans would like to have a beer with, I had to laugh... I wasn't all that hepped up for having a beer with an Ivy League cheerleader, draft dodger and spoiled little rich kid who never did an honest days work in his life and who was handed every job, (board membership) he ever had because of his daddies connections.

Yeah, but Bush is the one who has the look of the snake oil salesman, it's all in the smirk and the beady eyes.  Visually, Obama doesn't bear any resemblance to that, and I haven't seen him be dishonest about stuff like Bush has.

We start being too picky about what we want in a candidate, expecting them to be completely perfect, and we lose yet another election.  And the right wing blowhards take over again.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 10:46:50 pm »

"And if the media was pushing him, why does he get such bad press all the time, like the Reverend Wright thing?"

Jennifer,

Those tapes  had been on sale at the Church's website for a long time.  They were an 'open
secret'.

It took about a year before the MSM finally brought the up.

Of course, that is not favoritism......
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bethany Beightol
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 12:27:07 am »

Hi Bianca,

I guess what Jen is trying to say is that, if the media truly was in favor of Obama, they would not have played the Reverend Wright tapes for six weeks straight.  They would have ignored them, as they do most of Senator McCain's numerous gaffes.  You can still see Reverend Wright on FOX News, for instance, and they still look for ways to smear Obama, while, of course, being pleasant to McCain.
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 09:42:17 am »

Hi Bethany

Fox News that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one...

Obamas coverage has to be weighed in comparison to the treatment they gave Hillary, they jumped on her for every little thing she said whether it had merit or not... Not to mention the fact that they beat the hell out of her and her husband for eight straight years while they were in the White House.

For example when she mentioned Bobby Kennedy's bid for the White House and how long he stayed in the race. They twisted that all out of all logical porportion, (Some of you youngsters may not realize this but at times the nomination has been won on the floor of convention.) While at the same time comparing Obama's speech to John F. Kennedy... let me tell you something folks Obama is no John F. Kennedy.

From the beggining there were endless talking heads saying Hillary doesn't have experience while ignoring the fact that Obama had even less experience. They blew former President Clinton's comments way out of porportion, and in that one sweeping blow practically destroyed Hillary's chances of winning the nomination.

The press doesn't seem to like candidates that talk about actual issues and real solutions, they give the nod to someone who talks in catch phrases, sweeping generalizations and platitudes... I quess someone who talks intelligently about the issues makes them have to work too hard, and actually have to do some research.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:52:23 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 10:52:12 am »

Unk,

THANK YOU!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 11:20:50 am »

While at the same time comparing Obama's speech to John F. Kennedy... let me tell you something folks Obama is no John F. Kennedy.

That's actually kind of a copout, for the simple reason that, at the time that JFK ran for President, he wasn't JFK either.  His lack of experience was made an issue in the 1960 campaign, too. He had his PT109 experience and was also a junior Senator from Massachucetts (just as Obama was a junior Senator from Illinois).  No one knew how great he would be, back in 1960, when he first ran for President.

I like JFK myself, but we still tend to look at JFK more for his promise (and was cut short on) as opposed to what he actually accomplished.

What carried JFK to victory in both the primary and the general election?  His gift for oratory. 

Just like Obama also has a gift for oratory. He is, frankly, the best orator we have had in the last twenty years, running for President.  Anybody who wants to take any issue with that should probably listen to some of his speeches first. 

I know that everyone had their own favorite for President, but I am frankly getting a little sick of people either saying that Obama is not qualified to be President or that somehow Hillary got gypped out of the election, or even that the media treated one person worse than the other. 

Hillary had every advantage going in there, in fact, when the primary season started, throughout all 2007, she was touted as the "inevitable candidate."  That didn't even change till she lost Iowa.

The media gives every Democratic candidate a hard time, because they are all driven by the big corporations and tend to favor Republicans. 

How much scrutiny has John McCain gotten?  None. 

As for the experience factor, both Hillary and John Edwards were only in the Senate for a little longer than Obama (Edwards only served one term). Add his legislative experience to his Senate career, and he has about twelve years of experience.

Guys, Obama had advantages??  America is still a really racist country.  Do you know what hurdles he had to overcome to even become the Democratic nominee?  Even if you don't like the guy (for whatever reason), I would think you would be proud of an African-American reaching that level of accomplishment.  Come on!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Jeremy Dokken
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 01:31:11 pm »

Hi Bethany

Fox News that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one...

Obamas coverage has to be weighed in comparison to the treatment they gave Hillary, they jumped on her for every little thing she said whether it had merit or not... Not to mention the fact that they beat the hell out of her and her husband for eight straight years while they were in the White House.

For example when she mentioned Bobby Kennedy's bid for the White House and how long he stayed in the race. They twisted that all out of all logical porportion, (Some of you youngsters may not realize this but at times the nomination has been won on the floor of convention.) While at the same time comparing Obama's speech to John F. Kennedy... let me tell you something folks Obama is no John F. Kennedy.

From the beggining there were endless talking heads saying Hillary doesn't have experience while ignoring the fact that Obama had even less experience. They blew former President Clinton's comments way out of porportion, and in that one sweeping blow practically destroyed Hillary's chances of winning the nomination.

The press doesn't seem to like candidates that talk about actual issues and real solutions, they give the nod to someone who talks in catch phrases, sweeping generalizations and platitudes... I quess someone who talks intelligently about the issues makes them have to work too hard, and actually have to do some research.

Hi Unknown,

Sure, there have been times in the past where the nomination went to a floor fight - 1968, 1980, 1972, and do you know what those times all had in common?  The Democrats lost all those years.  You have to have a united front to win an election and all this quibbling people are doing right now about who got treated worse by the media isn't helping anything but the Republicans.

As for Hillary and Bill's performance in the primary, well the Clintons come across as really ambitious and willing to say or do anything to win, so anytime they say or do anything that fits into that narrative, like RFK getting assasinated in June (inferring that's what she's waiting for), the press plays it up.

Is it any more fair that the press tries to play Obama up as a supposed America-hating Muslim, like on the cover of the New Yorker?  As for Obama being no JFK, he doesn't have to be, he just has to be himself.  Himself is still ten times better than any of the candidates we have seen in recent years.

JFK actually had pretty low poll numbers at the time he was asssasinated, it is only with hindsight that we want to invest him with all this personal greatness. 
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:58 pm »

Yeah, but Bush is the one who has the look of the snake oil salesman, it's all in the smirk and the beady eyes.  Visually, Obama doesn't bear any resemblance to that, and I haven't seen him be dishonest about stuff like Bush has.

Thanks to the internet he can't be.

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com

Notice how McCain and Obama vote the same.

Besides they are interrelated in way way shape of form.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: