Atlantis Online
September 20, 2019, 10:58:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not  (Read 414 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2008, 08:37:41 pm »

My point is everyone makes it sound like the democrats who voted for the authorization bill were signing on for decades long occupation of Iraq and all that went along with it. I don't believe that for a minute.

I'll give you that, at least.  I don't think that any of us who were against the war from the start had the faintest idea that Bush never really wanted to win it.  In America, we tend to like our wars short and with the minimum amount of bloodhshed.

I don't think that anyone but the neocons in the Bush Administration envisioned a war we weren't even going to try to win, an endless occupation and Sectarian violence on the scale that we have never seen.

The Bush Administration did, though.  In the controlled chaos that resulted, they had better opportunity to steal.
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: