Atlantis Online
October 22, 2020, 05:56:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not  (Read 750 times)
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 11:56:29 pm »

Well that certainly seemed to get the ball rolling...

Anyways, I wasn't a Hillary supporter, I didn't think she could win the swing voters because her image had already been poisoned in the press and there was no way a Republican who was considering voting democratic this time, was going to vote for her.

Just to be clear, I thought that John Edwards was the best candidate and had the best chance in the general election, being a southern democrat.  His message about keeping jobs in america is one that is really needed and goes to the heart of the economic trouble we are experiencing now. In contrast, Obama went to Canada and told them not to worry, his comments about NAFTA was just campaign talk.

What made JFK great was not that he was charismatic or a great speech writer, what made JFK great was that he was a man of integrity, a man with convictions, someone who fought for what he believed in.

In the short time he was President he did more than most two term presidents. He faced down the Russians in Cuba, in what could have been the start of a nuclear war.

He started NASA, which led to a myriad of scientific breakthoughs and inspired so many young people to go into the science and engineering feilds. 

At great political risk to himself and his party he battled it out with racist southern governors (George Wallace),  even sending in federal troops to force them to allow black children to attend white schools. 

Him and his brother Bobby went after the mafia, indited Jimmy Hoffa of the Teamsters.

He started the Peace corp which is still changing peoples lives for the better around the world and giving young americans a chance to better themselves.

Promise... he fulfilled his, and did more for this country than most people will ever know.

As for voting for third parties, the balance in the Supreme Court is far too important to cast away a vote on someone who has no chance of winning.

Change... jeeez

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Groving with a Pict in a Cave

That's a good list, Unknown, and I agree that John Edwards was probably the most electable, if you want to look at it like that.  If you want to start with someone who has the best chance of winning, you start with a white male from the south.

But you know, it's really not all about that.  There is a reason that Obama is so popular, he appeals to people on a gut level.  For me, you just look at the guy and you know that he's honest. I trust him, and I can't say that about any other politician - well, maybe Dennis Kucinich or Russ Feingold. People bring up the speeches Obama gives, but it isn't just about that, I see a guy who is really sick of the system and wants to change it.

I never got that from Hillary, only that she would be better at manipulating the system than other people would be. You have to want to change things to make them better and America has LOTS of problems right now.

Unless we get all this crummy money out of politics, the system will never work for average people, just keep working for the rich, and the change will have to happen soon.

You never know what someone's going to be like as a President until they are actually elected, but I'll tell you this - I trust someone who has been poor before in their life (and Obama has) over someone who never had to struggle to relate to the struggles of ordinary people.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:58:53 pm by Jennifer O'Dell » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: