Atlantis Online
October 27, 2020, 04:45:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not  (Read 750 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:20:50 am »

While at the same time comparing Obama's speech to John F. Kennedy... let me tell you something folks Obama is no John F. Kennedy.

That's actually kind of a copout, for the simple reason that, at the time that JFK ran for President, he wasn't JFK either.  His lack of experience was made an issue in the 1960 campaign, too. He had his PT109 experience and was also a junior Senator from Massachucetts (just as Obama was a junior Senator from Illinois).  No one knew how great he would be, back in 1960, when he first ran for President.

I like JFK myself, but we still tend to look at JFK more for his promise (and was cut short on) as opposed to what he actually accomplished.

What carried JFK to victory in both the primary and the general election?  His gift for oratory. 

Just like Obama also has a gift for oratory. He is, frankly, the best orator we have had in the last twenty years, running for President.  Anybody who wants to take any issue with that should probably listen to some of his speeches first. 

I know that everyone had their own favorite for President, but I am frankly getting a little sick of people either saying that Obama is not qualified to be President or that somehow Hillary got gypped out of the election, or even that the media treated one person worse than the other. 

Hillary had every advantage going in there, in fact, when the primary season started, throughout all 2007, she was touted as the "inevitable candidate."  That didn't even change till she lost Iowa.

The media gives every Democratic candidate a hard time, because they are all driven by the big corporations and tend to favor Republicans. 

How much scrutiny has John McCain gotten?  None. 

As for the experience factor, both Hillary and John Edwards were only in the Senate for a little longer than Obama (Edwards only served one term). Add his legislative experience to his Senate career, and he has about twelve years of experience.

Guys, Obama had advantages??  America is still a really racist country.  Do you know what hurdles he had to overcome to even become the Democratic nominee?  Even if you don't like the guy (for whatever reason), I would think you would be proud of an African-American reaching that level of accomplishment.  Come on!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: