Atlantis Online
October 27, 2020, 03:51:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAR: Cynthia McKinney Deserves Your Support, Obama Does Not  (Read 750 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 06:54:23 pm »

Hi Byron

I reluctantly admit to being a party man, I vote the straight Democratic ticket.  The way I see it the country cannot ill afford another right wing Supreme Court Justice, another reason is the Republican Parties unwavering support of concentrating power in the hands of the Execuitive Branch.  Which is weakening the Legislative Branch and unsettling the balance of power the founding fathers expertly wove into the fabric of our government.

In my opinion the Bush administration is guilty of breaking their vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of these United States.  They have gotten away with wire-tapping on a scale Richard Nixon never dreamed of and was removed from office over. Of course the trampling of habeus corpus which is the foundation of our legal system and the only thing that seperates legitmate government from tryanny. Without the right to a speedy trial by your peers you have no rights, period.

In conclusion, although personally I think Obama has pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes I will still support my party.

Hi Jennifer

You make a very good point, I would just like to say that while other people seemed to think that George Bush was a likeable fellow, to me he always came across as an arrogant, mean-spirited and sneaky looking.

When the press was pushing him as the candidate most americans would like to have a beer with, I had to laugh... I wasn't all that hepped up for having a beer with an Ivy League cheerleader, draft dodger and spoiled little rich kid who never did an honest days work in his life and who was handed every job, (board membership) he ever had because of his daddies connections.

Hi Bianca

I am doing good, how are you dear? I have been around but I usually hang out at the bottom of the forums where most of my threads are. 

I saw your work on the Sufforage Movement, I thought it was a great reminder of how hard it was for the people to earn their rights and privileges, even in this democracy and it seems that in these times we will have to fight to keep them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:32:58 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: