Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:15:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Time-Warps

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time-Warps  (Read 376 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: May 07, 2007, 05:16:28 am »

Qoais

Re: The Great Islands Under The Sea
« Reply #43 on: Today at 12:44:43 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi 3D
Some years ago, there was a story on TV (I don't remember the channel) who seemed to have come thru a time warp.  A wrinkle in time - or whatever it would be called.  Here's the basics.

An English couple were driving home in the dark after a dinner engagement, and suddenly there in front of them on the road was a man.  They slammed on the brakes, thinking they'd hit the fellow, and then jumped out of the car to see if he was alright.  At first they couldn't understand him when he spoke - apparently after they asked him to speak slowly - they could understand him.  He was dressed in a strange outfit and seemed dazed and disoriented.  The man driving the car was a doctor, so they took the fellow home, and then to the hospital.  I think this was in the 1970's or so. ( could be wrong on that tho)

His story - He had just finished building a new barn that day, and after supper he walked out to gaze at his handywork.  The next thing he knew was that there was bright lights in his eyes and he froze in place like a deer. 

The doctor thought he HAD struck the fellow with his car so took him to hospital and had a psyciatrist talk with him.  When they asked him what year it was he said 1745.  (Or thereabouts)  They did some dating on his garment, but since he hadn't had it that long, according to him, of course it dated only a few years old.    He had a wife and children and just wanted to go home.  They kept him in the hospital and the doctor took him out and about a bit, and tried to explain to him that somehow he had come into the future.  He was devastated and didn't believe it.  He thought he was in purgatory and no trying to tell him would change his mind.  He eventually hung himself in the hospital room.

The doctors felt bad that they hadn't given him trauma counselling, and then they researched out his family and location.  They found his farm and the barn is still standing.  There were two surviving relatives, one would talk on camera and the other wouldn't.  In the family diary, the story was written that indeed, the fellow had just finished building the barn, went out to look at it, and never came back.  They searched for him everywhere but he was never found.

That's what I mean by a time-warp.  I just asked my husband and he says we must have watched that show since we moved into this house and that was 17 years ago.  So it was within the last 17 years that show was on TV.  Maybe less, since we haven't had the satellite dish for the whole 17 years.  Could have been CBC tho, the Canadian affiliate of BBC.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: