Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:29:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Edwards would 'seriously consider' VP offer

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edwards would 'seriously consider' VP offer  (Read 53 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« on: July 09, 2008, 12:12:12 pm »

Edwards would 'seriously consider' VP offer
Posted: 08:45 PM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

Edwards didn't rule out running for VP a second time.

(CNN) – John Edwards said Tuesday that if he were asked to accept the vice presidential slot or a cabinet position in a potential Barack Obama administration, he would “seriously consider” whatever the Illinois senator asked him to do.
It has been widely reported that the former North Carolina senator is on Obama’s vice presidential shortlist. On Tuesday, NPR interviewer Guy Raz called the former Democratic presidential candidate’s presence on the list an “open secret,” and asked Edwards whether he’d weigh accepting a vice presidential offer, or might take himself out of consideration as Virginia Senator Jim Webb had done Monday.
“I’m glad to hear that’s an open secret because I didn’t know it,” joked Edwards of his rumored consideration as Obama’s running mate.
“My answer to that is, I’ve run for vice president, I’ve run for president twice. I would do anything that I felt I could do to serve this country but I think it’s a huge presumption for me or anybody else to suggest what Senator Obama may decide,” he said.
Watch: Flashback: Kerry picks Edwards for No. 2
“To answer your question directly: I don’t expect to be asked, have no expectation about it at all, I will – anything that Senator Obama asks me to do, including this, including campaigning for him, I intend to do, because what I’m going to do, I intend to take seriously,” he added. “What I intend to do is everything in my power, use everything in my power to make sure that he’s the next president.”
Pressed on whether that meant he might join the ticket if asked, Edwards would not rule it out. “I am prepared to seriously consider anything, anything he asks me to do for our country,” he told NPR.
When he endorsed Obama in May, John Kerry’s 2004 running mate had said he was not interested in another vice presidential bid.
In June, the Associated Press reported that Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, who has met with Obama's vice presidential search committee, had been told Edwards was on the list of candidates.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:23:32 am »

Of course he's got no Senate seat so of course he's the Bilderbergian vice-candidate.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: