Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:04:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bush's Third Term

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush's Third Term  (Read 229 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 10:14:42 pm »

HEAR SEAN 'DIDDY' COMBS CHANT

O B A M A   O R   D I E

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=119313

HOW TO WIN AN ELECTION

"KARL ROVE STYLE"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:28:30 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:09 pm »

Right like P. Dingy is the make or break point about anything !!!

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 10:43:41 pm »

QUOTE:

"By the way, I wonder how many pictures there are out there of Obama with Bush?  I think there are a heck of a lot more of Hillary with him." 

OF COURSE THERE ARE - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

I should hope so, she's been a Senator as long as Bush has been in office, in case you didn't
notice.....

She is also the former First Lady of  the ONLY Democratic President who VERY successfully

served TWO terms, since FDR.

Are you new to politics, Byron?

Me??

New to politics??  Surely you have to be kidding, Bianca.  Don't you know I was banned from AR for putting all the right wing hacks over there in their place - Tex, Brig, Smiley.  That forum has been a snorefest since I left, no fights anymore!

BTW, it's common knowledge the Mr. Obama was asked to a PRIVATE breakfast at the White

House as soon as he got to the Senate, attended by:

George Bush

Dick Cheney and......hold on to your hat.....

KARL ROVE!!!

Whoa!!!!  You think that Hillary hasn't had one or two dinners with Karl Rove and Bush? You are willing to condemn Obama for one single breakfast that you can point to (and Bush made a point to meet a lot of the new lawmakers), while you give Hillary a pass for all the many events she shared with Bush?

Can you see the lack of logic in your thinking..? 

I'm sorry, but there is no way these two looked groovy.  Just my opinion.   Roll Eyes

I do think that Hillary looked pretty good back when she graduated Wellesley, course, back then, she wasn't a Demo, but a Goldwater girl.
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 10:45:08 pm »

Who Dares Oppose the Obamas?

Wed Jul 2, 2008

In the thick of the fight over the wrong Reverend Wright, Barack Obama put on his annoyed face and said the whole issue of his preacher's hate speech was a distraction from the real issues, like health care and education and war. So many in the media were quick to agree. But now that the primaries are over, the network news crews aren't covering the issues. They're warbling a happy tune about all of Barack and Michelle Obama's wonderful personal qualities.

Think of all the inane stories designed to boost the picture of Obama being loaded with charisma and momentum. All "news" that is good is presented with great enthusiasm — like the utterly unsurprising and uninspiring endorsement by Al Gore. All news that is bad is buried — or if that seems too obvious, it's mentioned briefly, and then killed and buried.

If the network news were devoted to the issues, why would we have an entire story on Barack and Michelle giving each other the fist-bump at victory rallies? Network viewers were treated to "news" like Michelle Obama and her fist-bump appearing on ABC's "The View." If that wasn't enough, then came NBC's entire story on the "frock frenzy" spawned by the dress Michelle Obama wore on "The View." Matt Lauer announced at the show's beginning on June 20 they would get to the bottom of the story of "why women everywhere are dying to get this $148 dress."

If all of that seems like Us magazine, it's because it is Us magazine. Us ran a glowing cover story on the Obamas, noting Michelle shops at Target and is a regular gal — despite the fact that the Obamas are raking in multiple millions of dollars annually from his eternally best-selling books.

Clearly, as much as voters love to talk about how they care about the issues and they don't like the personal mudslinging, they also seek a leader who's likable or inspiring. For months, the media have labored to build an impenetrable myth around Obama, proclaiming a candidate so idealistic, a campaign so historic that the mere act of placing another name on the ballot is an outrage, as is, apparently, the thought of discussing issues.

Here's another issue-free news story on the "Today" show: On June 26, Matt Lauer giddily announced that Rolling Stone magazine put Barack Obama on the cover for the second time this year. Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner was channeling the hopes and wishes and dreams of the network news elite: "The tides of history are running strong and fast these days. Ride them, or be crushed. Obama has history on his side, and that's pretty irresistible."

Ride with the media herd — or be crushed. They ought to wear that motto on campaign buttons.

The most glaring example of a double standard on candidate personalities came from CBS's "The Early Show." On June 18, CBS reporter Jeff Glor tried to list five things we didn't know about Obama, and he oozed that in addition to bicycling and basketball, Obama loves to play Scrabble. But he hates ice cream, since he worked at a Baskin-Robbins as a teenager. CBS co-host Julie Chen declared: "So Rocky Road is like his Kryptonite?"

It's quite clear that reporters have recovered from their embarrassment at the "Saturday Night Live" skit where the servile, adoring journalists asked Barack Obama if they could get him a pillow. Watching a few minutes of TV suggests they're not only fetching Obama a pillow, but also slippers, cigarettes and a massage therapist. The whole lot of them must be dreadfully impatient that the inauguration (or coronation) is being needlessly delayed by opposition.

L. Brent Bozell III is the president of the Media Research Center. To find out more about Brent Bozell III, and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.

COPYRIGHT 2008 CREATORS SYNDICATE INC.
Report Spam   Logged

Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 11:10:47 pm »

Yeah, you really can't count on Brent Bozell to be an objective voice when it comes to this.  He is one of those conservative activists that runs around whining about anything that offends him on TV and demands they take it off,  Those guys never support Dermocrats!

I actually think that the mainstream press is completely in bed with McCain, when is the last time they ever critcized him for anything??

By the way, why is McCain spending the last three days campaiging in Latin America, shouldn't he be doing that in this country??  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 11:42:16 pm »

Shouldn't Obama be concentrating on the spiraling cost of FOOD and GAS, or are those

items too mundane for his 'beautiful mind'?

In the meantime, people are suffering all over this country and nobody seems to be giving

a damn.......

You, Byron, are still obsessing over Hillary and Bill.  Millions of us would love to have President

Bill Clinton back.  He sure knew that what mattered to ordinary peeople was:

I T ' S   T H E   E C O N O M Y ,    S T U P I D ! ! !

President Clinton is undoubtedly one of the most intellectually brilliant men to ever be in the White
House (Rhodes Scholar, remember? - or does that little item pale in the face of the CHOSEN ONE's
'supposed brains'?), truly a man from the humblest roots - bar none -.  Yet, no matter how far he came,
he never forgets how dreadful it is to be poor and how the poor suffer.....

You can't eat HOPE  and CHANGE, or put it in your car's tank.  Or end the War in Iraq, or a myriad

other BREAD AND BUTTER  issues.  Enough talk, walk the walk!

I am just as idealistic as the next person, but not in 2008, after 8 years of economic devastation!

I guess you don't have a family to take care of, do you, Byron?

BTW, arguing about anything with those people at AR does not impress me at all.  They impressed
me so little, that I was long gone BEFORE you had your little 'debacle' with them.........
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:05:31 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 01:25:41 am »

I'm sorry, but there is no way these two looked groovy.  Just my opinion.   Roll Eyes

I do think that Hillary looked pretty good back when she graduated Wellesley, course, back then, she wasn't a Demo, but a Goldwater girl.

Cheesy

Take it easy man, I was only being silly.

Too bad we don't have a Laugh-In show now, I could see ol' Bill getting down with the Laugh-In women at their party sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqhq53JGOPM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGvzmOoh3Y&feature=related

How they stand the test of time. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Bill+Clinton+impersonators&sitesearch=#q=Bill%20C

Amazing what you can find on the internet.

Enjoy !!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 01:30:17 am »

Shouldn't Obama be concentrating on the spiraling cost of FOOD and GAS, or are those

items too mundane for his 'beautiful mind'?

In the meantime, people are suffering all over this country and nobody seems to be giving

a damn.......

You, Byron, are still obsessing over Hillary and Bill.  Millions of us would love to have President

Bill Clinton back.  He sure knew that what mattered to ordinary peeople was:

I T ' S   T H E   E C O N O M Y ,    S T U P I D ! ! !

President Clinton is undoubtedly one of the most intellectually brilliant men to ever be in the White
House (Rhodes Scholar, remember? - or does that little item pale in the face of the CHOSEN ONE's
'supposed brains'?), truly a man from the humblest roots - bar none -.  Yet, no matter how far he came,
he never forgets how dreadful it is to be poor and how the poor suffer.....

You can't eat HOPE  and CHANGE, or put it in your car's tank.  Or end the War in Iraq, or a myriad

other BREAD AND BUTTER  issues.  Enough talk, walk the walk!

I am just as idealistic as the next person, but not in 2008, after 8 years of economic devastation!

I guess you don't have a family to take care of, do you, Byron?

BTW, arguing about anything with those people at AR does not impress me at all.  They impressed
me so little, that I was long gone BEFORE you had your little 'debacle' with them.........

Bianca, frankly I could give a damn whether you are impressed by me or not.  I am just as disgusted with people who are mindless Clinton supporters as I am people who are mindless Bush supporters.  Both Bush supporters and Clinton supporters have one thing in common - they are blind to the facts and they stick to their guy or gal irregardless. 

A politician should have to EARN your trust on a daily basis, you give it away for free.   Roll Eyes

As for whether I have a family to support:  That's none of your business.

And whoa! Just because Bill Clinton was smart and knew the economy doesn't mean he is the only one qualified to do the job. He did pass an economic plan that favored small business, but he also benefited from the dot.com boom.

Clinton was also pretty stupid about things, too.  How about signing NAFTA that sent millions or American jobs overseas?

How about signing the telecom act that allowed conservatives to monopolize media ownership so you now have Limbaugh clones on every station, TV or radio?  Bill Clinton helped give you Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Bortz, Savage and all those other right wing nutters.

And, lastly, how about screwing around with Monica in the White House when he knew his enemies were gunning for him?  How dumb is that to give your enemies the means to nail you?

I could actually make a better argument than you that Bill Clinton was pretty "dumb," as opposed to smart.

As for Obama having no plans for the economy or gas prices - not.  Maybe someday you'll get over your mysterious "hatred" of the man and actually go to his website and read about some of them.  That is, if you can ever tear yourself away from Cynthia McKinney.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:34:51 am by Byron » Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: