Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 08:11:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis in Nile Delta in Egypt

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis in Nile Delta in Egypt  (Read 7645 times)
julia

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 02:37:55 pm »

Dear danaus:
mr Aboulfotouh answered the questions In the Atlantis Rising forum.He will come here also.I dont know about nile Deltas geography ,Is there any mountains there?I did not see any.But, of course 7000BC the Georgaphy definitely was diffenet thean today>I read They found alot of artefacts in the Aboukir bay.May be whole delta was Atlantis??I dont know anymore,there are so many theories.I am pretty confused .
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 03:34:07 am »

That's why we have thisi wonderful forum Julia, so we can all be confused together Grin
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Danaus

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 03:47:23 pm »

http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/hyginus/hyginus1.shtml
"VIII. DE TERRA. Terra mundi media regione collocata, omnibus partibus aequali dissidens intervallo, centron optinet sphaerae. Hanc mediam dividit axis in dimensione totius terrae. Oceanus autem e regione circumductionis sphaerae profusus, prope totius orbis alluit fines; itaque et signa occidentia in eum decidere existimantur. Sic igitur et terras contineri poterimus explanare. Nam quaecumque regio, quae inter arcticum et aestivum finem collocata est, ea dividitur trifarie; e quibus una pars Europa, altera Asia, tertia Africa vocatur. Europam igitur ab Africa dividit mare ab extremis Oceani finibus et Herculis columnis. Asiam autem et Libyam cum Aegypto disterminat os Nili fluminis, quod Canopicon appellatur. Asiam ab Europa Tanais dividit, bifariam se coniciens in paludem quae Maeotis appellatur. Hac igitur definitione facile pervidetur mare omnibus obiectum finibus terrae.

Sed ne videatur nonnullis mirum, cum sphaera in sexaginta partes dividatur, ut ante diximus, quare definivimus ab aestivo circulo ad arcticum finem dumtaxat habitari, sic vel optime defendimus." -- Hyginus Astronomy 1.8

"8. About the land.
The land of the universe with the middle area arranged, with the all parts to the comrade disagreing with the interval, the centre maintains to the globe. The axle in the measuring of the whole land divides the middle this. Ocean but out of the area of the circuit to the globe excessive, besets near of the whole circle the boundaries; And so and the western indications into him/it have dropped are valued. Thus then and we will be able to explain to be held the lands. For the whichever area, which between the initial and summer-like the boundary arranged is, she/it is divided three-foldly; Out of which one part with Europe, the one Asia, the third Africa is called. Europe therefore from Africa the sea from the limits of Ocean with the boundaries divides and with the columns of Hercules. Asia but and the bone of Nile of the river marks apart Libya with Egypt, which [Canopicon] is called. S/he/it divides Asia from Europe to Tanaas, the twofold himself concluding into the swamp which with Maeotas is called. Here therefore with the easy definition the sea opposite with the all men with the boundaries to the land is envisaged. But not wonderful s/he/it is seen with the some, with the globe into sixty parts s/he/it may be divided, as before we have said, whereby we have defined from the summer-like circle towards the initial boundary only to be inhabited, thus even most well we defend." -- Blitz Latin 1.64(old version)
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 03:54:41 pm »

Dear Danaus:Where do you think this land is ??
Report Spam   Logged
Danaus

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 06:38:32 pm »

Any thoughts on my theory?
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 09:13:30 pm »

Dear danaus;
I dont know , if any mountains there in the Alexandria..SInce, I know very little about the Atlantis story except timaeus and critias.Mr.Aboulfatouh says It is written in the Egyptian history..Are there any canals in Alexandria??I read they found alot of artefacts in aboukir bay..Do you think those belong to Atlantis?? Your theory coudl be true, because egypt is one of the oldest civilzation in the world..But, until I see the canals, I wouldnt be sure(or acropolis??)
Report Spam   Logged
Danaus

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »

As for mountains... there's not much... the prometheus bound myth says "bybline hills".  Another myth says something like Septium Hills (I will correct this tomorrow).  There is something there but there is some uncertainty.

canals? Are you talking about the circular rings?  Or the criss-crossing irrigation? Or something else?

I have more info and corrections to make... but I thought the paper would be a good starting point.
For instance, on the more info side, many references call IO the "Pharian Ceres" (Demeter from Pharos).  This does not seem far from Plato's Agras (Goddess of Agriculture, translated as Ge).  It would be kind of Ironic if Persephone's "Underworld" is located in Aegyptos (Strabo's "Aegaea Uptios", "Under the Aegean").

I have a potential Haphestus link, as well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:49:49 pm by Danaus » Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 03:05:41 pm »

Yes,Danaus:                                                                                                                                                                                                       I am talking about the circular Rings.Are There any Circular Rings in Alexandria?And it catched my eye, there is Babel In the Nile delta..could have been the first babylon in the Nile Delta??
Report Spam   Logged
DDDnD3D

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 06:38:56 am »

*** Julia . . . ALEXANDRIA "IS" ON A CIRCLE . . . THE CENTRE OF THE CIRCLE IS THE GREAT PYRAMID OF THE GIZA PLATFORM ! ! ! THE COASTLINE FROM ALEXANDRIA TO PORT SAID IS THE ARC OF  A  1/4  OF A CIRCLE. THE NILE DELTA IS A QUADRANT OF THIS CIRCLE. THE LEY LINE FROM THE PYRAMID TO ALEXANDRIA GOES TO DELPHI IN GREECE. THE ENTIRE NILE DELTA WAS ONCE A HIGHLY SOPHISTICATED DESIGNED SYSTYM OF CANALS AND LANDSCAPING WHICH IS NOW BURIED. This is part of the SACRED GEOMETRY that followed  DIVINE PRINCIPLES that had been laid down by a Very Advanced Civilization of Superbeings a Very Long Time Ago Before @tlant*s !   DD****D
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 04:09:39 pm »

Sorry ,At the time of Atlantis Demise in 855 bc the Sealevel was 50 meters Lower and Alexandria was a Sandbank
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Danaus

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 09:05:50 pm »

Sorry ,At the time of Atlantis Demise in 855 bc the Sealevel was 50 meters Lower and Alexandria was a Sandbank

Dear Julia,
I found some circles: http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,10029.0.html

Dear Bluehue,
Here is a sea-level study over time:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Holocene_Sea_Level.png
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 06:12:31 am »

Dear.,...DANAUS,

JULIA has moved to Europe to join her husband.
as a medical practitioner and had increasingly less time to correspond in both AR + AO
and has started another Website called: www. FIAT- LUX.smfforfree2.com that Dr.
Reinhard KUHNE has visited with his Theory of Atlantis in Ierland.
She has" unearthed the SURAT-nr 89 for me from the Koran'Bible'.
inwhich Atlantis is named " Ad--Land.which is ADEN.

Yes there may be several interpretations of Holocen or NEO-cene Sealevelrises
but having inherited Korsakov's syndrome I can make head nor tail from Cyphers.

But my paradigma or axioma is following:

in 10.000 bc SEA-Level was 150 Meters LOWER than today
because of Mountain-Lakes holding the allready melted Glacier-water ABOV Sea-Level !

Thus within 10.000 until 855 bc the MEAN- sea-level rise was only 100 Meters
accounting for only 10 cm a century
( From 1900 until 2.000 'modern-'Sealevelrise is 20 cm.)

Than in 855-755 bc Sea-level rose a stagering 50 Meters in One century !
My assumption is that "Atlantis" was submerged not in 9.000 bc but in 900 bc

to be more precise, Atlntis was floodded not in 10.600 bc but in 855 bc.

Cry  Shocked  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

cleasterwood

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 10:45:44 am »

Cry  Shocked  Cry

Why does every one ASSUME Atlantis was flooded in 844 BC?  If Plato had meant 844 BC, he would have SAID it.  The end of the last Ice Age occurred around 10,000 BC and sea-levels rose.  There is also evidence of a meteor impact that occurred near the time Plato said Atlantis disappeared (9,000 years before his birth), which means the continent could very well have been "swallowed" in one fateful night especially if the meteor impacted near the site of Atlantis. 
Blessings,
Lynn
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com
BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 03:00:16 pm »

Cry  Shocked  Cry

Why does every one ASSUME Atlantis was flooded in 844 BC?  If Plato had meant 844 BC, he would have SAID it.  The end of the last Ice Age occurred around 10,000 BC and sea-levels rose.  There is also evidence of a meteor impact that occurred near the time Plato said Atlantis disappeared (9,000 years before his birth), which means the continent could very well have been "swallowed" in one fateful night especially if the meteor impacted near the site of Atlantis. 
Blessings,
Lynn

dear........CLEASTERWOOD,

Aparently you have also missed teh Point that the MELOS-2005 Conference
 has decided that the DATE 9000 before Solon is out and that the Date 900
 before Solon is in. So all pre or after ICEAGE-Dates are wrong.

King Cecrops judged Atlantis at it's DEMISE ( He lived Ca. 900-855 bc in the REVISED- Chronology
 ( Get it " Revised"/)
 Thus the DATE for Atlantis IM-mergence
( NOT  SUB- Mergence !)
by a Tsunami was in 855 bc.  Cry Shocked Cry
Report Spam   Logged

cleasterwood

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 07:40:54 am »

dear........CLEASTERWOOD,

Aparently you have also missed teh Point that the MELOS-2005 Conference
 has decided that the DATE 9000 before Solon is out and that the Date 900
 before Solon is in. So all pre or after ICEAGE-Dates are wrong.

King Cecrops judged Atlantis at it's DEMISE ( He lived Ca. 900-855 bc in the REVISED- Chronology
 ( Get it " Revised"/)
 Thus the DATE for Atlantis IM-mergence
( NOT  SUB- Mergence !)
by a Tsunami was in 855 bc.  Cry Shocked Cry

First, you don't have yell people's name on every post.  It doesn't show professionalism on your part.  What they said in 2005 was presumptive.  None of them were there so they don't know.  It's just a bunch of men speculating about something they still believed to be fictional.  Everyone takes the route they want to take and interpret things the way THEY want them seen instead of taking Plato's account word for word.  Plato knew EXACTLY want he was saying.  Hindu writings, which are far older than Plato, also confirms the existence of Atlantis as do many other ancient texts & flood legends.  Also, one can't just place Atlantis where ever they want especially if they know where the Sargasso Sea is located... off the coast of NY.
This is an argument no one will win as NONE OF US WERE THERE!
Blessings,
Lynn
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: