Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:09:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama - Hope, Fear and a BlackMan

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama - Hope, Fear and a BlackMan  (Read 190 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: June 24, 2008, 09:47:53 am »

Obama - Hope,fear and a black man

Posted June 23, 2008
 by Mike Dorning

Barack Obama is telling supporters to watch for his critics to play the race card, even if it is turned over in a subtle way.

The Illinois senator cast the the coming election as a choice between hope and fear, with, in his view, Republican opponents stressing fear of the unkown. That, he said, is likely to encompass his youth, his slim public record, his strange name, and, yes, the idea of a black man in the Oval Office.

"The choice is clear. Most of all we can choose between hope and fear," Obama said at a fundraiser in Jacksonville, Fla., Friday evening. "It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy.

"We know what kind of campaign they're going to run," he continued. "They're going to try to make you afraid. They're going to try to make you afraid of me -- 'He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?'''

And, he added, drawing a big cheer, "He's got a feisty wife."

In recent weeks, critics have concentrated fire on Obama's wife, Michelle, questioning her patriotism following a comment earlier this year in which she said that because of her husband's barrier-breaking candidady "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country."

The Illinois senator argued at the fundraiser that the Republican strategy against him is already apparent.

"We know the strategy because they've already shown their cards," he added. "Ultimately I think the American people recognize that old stuff hasn't moved us forward. That old stuff just divides us."

http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2008/06/obama_hope_fear_and_a_black_ma.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:55:52 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bethany Beightol
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 10:35:38 am »

That's true, many people in this country are afraid of a black man. That's their conditioning. 
Good thing that new generations are a little bit more blind to that kind of thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:32:42 pm »

Political discrimination

There is discrimination, but who is being discriminated might surprise you.

I am told that if I知 black I must vote for Barack Obama, or I知 a traitor.

If I知 white I must vote for Obama, or I知 racist.

If I知 old I must vote for youth, because I知 too old to make a decision anymore.

If I知 a woman I am a supporter and follower, not a leader.

If I知 a veteran (I am a disabled vet) of WWII or Korea, my benefits need to be cut because I致e lived too long.

If I知 retired, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a windfall tax on my retirement.

If I知 on Social Security, the fund will run out because the government needs the money for other things.

If I知 rich, I知 not entitled to keep my money because it痴 needed to help those who can稚 work or choose not to.

If I vote for John McCain, he will die in office because he痴 too old.

Who is being discriminated against?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:58:03 pm »

The laugh is on the Democratic Party.

Thousands and thousands of us left it simultaneously right after May 29, by pre-arrangement.....

QUOTE:

"That's true, many people in this country are afraid of a black man. That's their conditioning. 
Good thing that new generations are a little bit more blind to that kind of thing."

I fully agree with you!

Colour or religion, gender etc. do not matter to me either.

I intend to vote for the candidate that I think is best.

And the one I am seriously considering  is 

B L A C K and FEMALE

But November is a long way off, the Convention is two months away and all this posturing is really
hilarious, or would be if more important things were discussed......

I don't have to enumerate them, they stare us in the face more and more everyday.  It is getting
harder and harder to make ends meet, feed a family and take care of the children's needs.  I feel very bad for my grandaughter, her husband and her children.  Their future looks bleak indeed!!!

But, then, nobody cares about them and the millions like them.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:22:02 pm »

An Offensive Barack Obama Video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jovq9j8cJSc
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 05:21:23 am »

"The choice is clear. Most of all we can choose between hope and fear"

That's the key issue.  The latest polls show that race is not a major factor in this presidential race.  In fact, Americans see age as a more important concern.  Advantage--Obama!

Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:18:57 am »

Yeah facts be damned... Americans just want to feel good.

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com

http://baldwin2008.com/index.php

http://www.chuckbaldwinforum.com/index.php
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 09:37:07 am »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:42:23 am by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 09:43:58 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgXPVmlXKQI&feature=related

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Bethany Beightol
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 10:57:22 am »

The laugh is on the Democratic Party.

Thousands and thousands of us left it simultaneously right after May 29, by pre-arrangement.....

I don't know why some Hillary supporters felt disenfranchised.  I don't know how closely you were following the primaries, but the point is, you could have given Hillary all the votes she got from Florida and Michigan (which would give Obama 0 votes, delegates from Michigan) and she would have still lost by over 100 delegates.

Some Hillary supporters act like they were somehow "gyped" out of the nomination.  Obama was ahead by over 100 delegates since February, and, even by the time the Rules Committee met to decide Florida and Michigan, he was up by about 200 delegates. 

People can be mad at the Democratic Party for all sorts of reasons, but let's get one thing clear:  they didn't hand the nomination to Obama, he went out and earned it. To think otherwise is to be dishonest to the facts.

Report Spam   Logged
Bethany Beightol
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 11:04:13 am »

Political discrimination

There is discrimination, but who is being discriminated might surprise you.

I am told that if I知 black I must vote for Barack Obama, or I知 a traitor.

If I知 white I must vote for Obama, or I知 racist.

If I知 old I must vote for youth, because I知 too old to make a decision anymore.

If I知 a woman I am a supporter and follower, not a leader.

If I知 a veteran (I am a disabled vet) of WWII or Korea, my benefits need to be cut because I致e lived too long.

If I知 retired, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a windfall tax on my retirement.

If I知 on Social Security, the fund will run out because the government needs the money for other things.

If I知 rich, I知 not entitled to keep my money because it痴 needed to help those who can稚 work or choose not to.

If I vote for John McCain, he will die in office because he痴 too old.

Who is being discriminated against?

I notice that one category was left out of all this: 

If you are a woman, you were supposed to be for Hillary, or supposed to be a traitor to your sex.

Well, I am not buying any of it.  I think people should vote for whichever candidate they like the best, but I also think that people should vote the issues over personality. 

As for all people not voting for Obama being racist, I don't know about that, but I will say this:  I've heard of people invent some awfully superficial reasons for not voting for him (even though they might share his position on the issues), but that is for them to wrestle with. 

As I said, the reason why Obama has so much support is because so many people don't see race when they look at him, or, at least, they don't see it first.

And he will protect Social Security, while McCain has already said that he wants to privatize it.  Republicans have been raiding the Social Security trust fund since the 1980's, so I don't know why anyone would vote for another one of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 01:48:11 pm »

Obama wants carbon taxes and will take his orders from the CFR.

Can you name an Obama accomplishment ?   Huh

http://knowbeoreyouvote.com

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: