Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:12:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What's on Obama's ipod?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's on Obama's ipod?  (Read 62 times)
Chastity
Superhero Member

« on: June 25, 2008, 04:06:18 pm »

What's on Obama's ipod?
Posted: 09:30 AM ET

Do you know what's on Obama's ipod?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bob Dylan. Yo-Yo Ma. Sheryl Crow. Jay-Z. These aren't musical acts in a summer concert series: They're artists featured on Barack Obama's iPod.
"I have pretty eclectic tastes," the Democratic presidential contender said in an interview to be published in Friday's issue of Rolling Stone.
Growing up in the '70s, Obama said, he listened to the Rolling Stones, Elton John and Earth, Wind & Fire. Stevie Wonder is his musical hero from the era. The Stones' "Gimme Shelter" tops his favorites from the band.
The Illinois senator's playlist contains these musicians, along with about 30 songs from Dylan and the singer's "Blood on the Tracks" album. Jazz legends Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Charlie Parker are also in the mix.
"Actually, one of my favorites during the political season is 'Maggie's Farm,' " Obama said of one of Dylan's tracks. "It speaks to me as I listen to some of the political rhetoric."
In the song, Dylan sings about trying be himself, "but everybody wants you to be just like them."
Report Spam   Logged

"Man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." - Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: