Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:29:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton fulfills girl's graduation wish

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton fulfills girl's graduation wish  (Read 63 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: June 23, 2008, 12:10:30 pm »

Posted: 06:30 AM ET

NEW YORK (AP) — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton fulfilled a pledge to a young supporter by speaking at the teenager's high school graduation on Sunday.
The girl, Aleatha Williams, a campaign volunteer and the daughter of a supporter, introduced the senator to fellow graduates from Pelham Preparatory Academy in the Bronx as "my aunt."
Clinton said she had known Aleatha "and her wonderful mother, Patricia," since the girl was 2 and had promised her when she graduated from eighth grade that she would attend her high school
graduation.
"Four years later, here I am with all of you," Clinton said.
Clinton, D-New York, ended her campaign for the Democratic nomination for president on June 7 and endorsed Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, who has clinched the nomination.
She invoked the campaign to urge the 86 graduates to achieve success.
"No one five years ago, no one four years ago when I attended Aleatha's graduation lunch, could have predicted that an African-American and a woman would have been competing for the presidency of the United States in 2008," Clinton said.
Pelham Preparatory Academy was founded in 2002 as part of an initiative to improve graduation rates by carving up some of the city's large high schools into smaller, more manageable units.
Schools Chancellor Joel Klein, who attended the school's commencement ceremony at nearby Fordham University, said students should always remember that an American hero spoke at their
graduation.
"She changed America's view of women," Klein said. "Someday soon, very soon in America, we will have a woman as president. And you know what that woman will say? 'I would not be here had it not
been for Hillary Rodham Clinton."'
Parent Irma Hudson, whose daughter Stephanie Solis was among the graduates, said Clinton's presence was exciting.
"I think she still serves as a role model for the children in this community," Hudson said. "You don't fail, you just keep on trying."
Filed under: AP • Hillary Clinton • Popular Posts

Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »

Tongue

Just sickening having her as a role model.  A Globalist of all people.

Britney was unavailable ??
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:28:46 pm »

Posted: 06:30 AM ET

NEW YORK (AP) — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton fulfilled a pledge to a young supporter by speaking at the teenager's high school graduation on Sunday.
The girl, Aleatha Williams, a campaign volunteer and the daughter of a supporter, introduced the senator to fellow graduates from Pelham Preparatory Academy in the Bronx as "my aunt."
Clinton said she had known Aleatha "and her wonderful mother, Patricia," since the girl was 2 and had promised her when she graduated from eighth grade that she would attend her high school
graduation.
"Four years later, here I am with all of you," Clinton said.
Clinton, D-New York, ended her campaign for the Democratic nomination for president on June 7 and endorsed Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, who has clinched the nomination.
She invoked the campaign to urge the 86 graduates to achieve success.
"No one five years ago, no one four years ago when I attended Aleatha's graduation lunch, could have predicted that an African-American and a woman would have been competing for the presidency of the United States in 2008," Clinton said.
Pelham Preparatory Academy was founded in 2002 as part of an initiative to improve graduation rates by carving up some of the city's large high schools into smaller, more manageable units.
Schools Chancellor Joel Klein, who attended the school's commencement ceremony at nearby Fordham University, said students should always remember that an American hero spoke at their
graduation.
"She changed America's view of women," Klein said. "Someday soon, very soon in America, we will have a woman as president. And you know what that woman will say? 'I would not be here had it not
been for Hillary Rodham Clinton."'
Parent Irma Hudson, whose daughter Stephanie Solis was among the graduates, said Clinton's presence was exciting.
"I think she still serves as a role model for the children in this community," Hudson said. "You don't fail, you just keep on trying."
Filed under: AP • Hillary Clinton • Popular Posts

Oh Hillary and not Bill.   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

If it were Bill the content of this story would be vastly different tho you could still use the same title.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 01:26:28 am »

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Bill+Clinton+impersonators&sitesearch=#q=Bill%20C

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: