Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:34:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Archaeoastronomy And The Spiral Form - ORIGINAL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archaeoastronomy And The Spiral Form - ORIGINAL  (Read 5406 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2008, 04:48:23 pm »

Briwnys

Member # 2736

Member Rated:
   posted 01-15-2007 11:52 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Some say that the study of philosophy was of barbarian origin. For the Persians had their Magi, the Babylonians or the Assyrians, the Chaldeans, the Indians their Gymnosophists, while the Kelts and the Galatae had seers called Druids and Semnotheoi."
Diogenes Laertius, Lives of the Philosophers c.250CE

According to Pythagoras, the Druids and the Magi developed their philosophy long before the Greeks. Hippolytus, in the third century CE, said the Druids used Pythagorean methods in the reckoning of their prophecies. He did not mean that the Druids learned Pythagorean methods but that they used methods later taught by Pythagorus. Iamblichus, in his Life of Pythagorus, states that Pythagorus was acquainted with the Celtic mysteries. Valerus Maximus said, "...what those trousered barbarians believed is the very faith of Pythagorus himself."

Avalon (the Isle of Arran in the Firth of Clyde, off the coast of Scotland) lies at the latitude where the sun forms a perfect X during the winter and summer solstice, i.e., the only place on earth where the sun sets and rises at +/- 45 degrees to the horizon.

Briwnys
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 04:51:09 pm »

BlueHue

Member # 2140

Member Rated:
   posted 01-16-2007 03:56 AM                       

quote:
About the PHAISTOS- DISK: Originally posted by Devlin:
I think that the Phaistos-Disk has never been deciphred to anyone's satisfaction, nor by emeritus-Professor Jan Best( from Leiden Holland) There have been several claims of decipherment,though, with two of the most interesting ones being these:

Jean Faucounau, 1975
"Arion, the son of Argos, is without equal. He has distributed the spoil of battle."

Achterberg, 2004 Hiyawa.
"In Mesara is Phaistos. To Nestor, to the great [man] in Ahhiyawa."

DEAR "DEVIL"and "Brynwyns",

( Punician) Filologist Jan Best and Fred Woudenberg have contented in 1998, that the Language of the Phaistos Disk, is
NOT "ancient-Greek" as "Brinwyns" would have it, but: "LUWISH" a ( pre-Greek-)language that was spoken throughout Mesopothamia and Baluchistan in West-india. along the Indian-Ocean Coast.

( Note; The "Carian"-language or: Cannaan/Canada?/KINDHA.)-language was spoken in The whole of Araby before 1000 bc and written in"Arabic-(=Sabaean-)Hiėroglyphs"

J.BEST & Woudhuizen, discovered the Names of wellknown greek rulers of the isle of Crete on it with the names of:"NESTOR & NAUPLIOS" intrigueingly as "Vassal-Kings" of the (enemy:)the assyrian Emperor Assurnasirpal-2, who lived: or ruled from 878-859 bc.

IF "Achterberg" in 2004, used the Name "NESTOR" he must be in league with jan Best and copied it!

Jean Foucounau in 1975 must havew read the Phaistos Hiėroglyphic Text (not in "ancient-Greek") but in "LUWISH" too! I grant that the researches have seen recurrent signs of "Harvest"barns, so that the Phaistos Disk"Looks"like a Calender of some sort but not of Seasons, but of TAX-installments to the then ruling assyrian Emperor(=Assurnasirpal-2.)

NOTICE, that, NESTOR & Nauplios, were Tyndareos of Sparta's contenders in the socalled( 2nd-)"Trojan War" which is proof, that the Territorry of the Assyrians which on the history-map was limitted to Cillicia only, stretched in practice all the way to the Greek islands and thus:"Troy"layed fully, within the Assyrian influcence and possibly its defensable Hegemony-perimeter.

Heracles was angry at king Laomedon the father of King Priam, for not paying him with the Horses of Diomedes(= 4-white Elephants.)as reward for saving the Girl Hermione ( or was it Hesione???)from a Sea-DEVIL.

So, he and his companion Telamon thrumpted-up some 12 Ships whith which they attacked and raided succesfully, "conquerred" Troy in broad daylight THIS is called the"First"Trojan war.

He held the son of Laomedon "Podarces"= clubfoot") hostage for a ransom which his wife Hecuba paid, and than they all left for the Argonautes Voyage.

In Troy "2", Achilles also raided quite succesfully 20 Coastal villages belonging to the grander Troy/Illyon Federacy with only 20 ships, thus it is very very unlikely that the "Face of Hellen" launched a thousand ships!a 100; maybe only 50!

The Assyrian host, maskeraded as: "Amazones" retalliated, by counter re-raided the Greek Camp to burn those("50") ships but they were stuck in the moist mud, of the rivuletts!

The recent Movie spectacle "TROY" with Brad-Pitt, as "Achilles" was a flagrant forgery of History!

the "King"(=vice-roy-) of Susa-nia, (an Assyrian dependancy)named: Tithonos, (who was a brother of Troy's ruler"Priamos/Podarces") sent 1.000 assyrian soldiers in vain,under the command of his son/nephew:"the-handsomely-harnashed-MEMNON, to relief the siege of Troy by the combined Greeks!

The reason for the Siege-of-Troy was not Hellens's
intercession, but simply a quarrel of the Assyrians with the Egyptians notably King Amenhoteb-3, who wanted that city as an egyptian monopoly Port,

Pharaoh: Amenhoteb-3, By holding Hellen "Hostage"( as the living-Goddess "Hathor".) had sent hired greek mercenaries under a pretext( of Helen's abduction, while in fact she was during the Siege in Memphis.) to do that dirty "work" for them!

But theCrux of the matter is the DATING: The dating of the( 2nd)Trojan War is wrong! it is SUPPOSED to be in 1193/1183 bc. But the assyrian King Assurnasirpal-2 ruled from 878-859 bc.or possibly 860 bc. THAT is certain!

So my("BlueHue's") contention is that this 2nd-Trojan War was begon įnd ended in 860 bc with an endurance of only ONE year( not Ten.!)The other consequences which this discovery entails, were described by Dr Velikovsky in his Time-Line-Chart( 1949-Princeton.)

I am sorry to have twarted Brinwyns'" explanation" of the Phaistos Disk encypherment with my statement! The Tuaregg-"Tifini"script is an adaptation from the Punician-Script, while the Phaistos Disk used an assyrian-Arabic pictural hiėroglyph" for conveniance named "Luwish".

That The Phaistos Disk; and about 20 or 30less well preserved contemporary disks were symply Property or annual-Taxation-Documents exclusively issued by assyrian overlords is to my satisfaction amply demonstrated in the book of Dr. jan Best that he issued( in Dutch)in 1998 named: "Homeros-achterna" translation: "Behind-Homeros".

Alas by lack of space(?) he failed to give a comment on the other 29 which nobody seemed to bother.

I must admid that I have not pursued the matter further beyond 1998 and thank"DEVIL"for his ( -more recent-)information on "Achterberg" 2004.( but... where did you get THAT?!)

Sincerely "BlueHue".

PS
 "Brinwnys" has not answered my question on the occurence of the "TIPPE-TOP" of the earth's Axis in 855 bc. as recorded by the egyptian astronomers, yet.( these Dates: 1075-855 bc.) was the Ragnarok/Fimbulwinter occurence called Titanomachia/Giganto-machia"in Greek-Myth.)

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 04:51:57 pm »

Briwnys

Member # 2736

Member Rated:
   posted 01-16-2007 09:23 AM                       
That's okay, "BlueHue", I don't feel "thwarted". You will have to successfully refute my statements first. I am not familiar with an Assyrian-Arabic pictorial hiėroglyphic system called "Luwish"; therefore, I cannot comment on the accuracy of your argument nor speculate on how similar symbols could appear in the British Isles.

Sorry, I must have missed your question. As far as the Greek myth is concerned, it is one of many relating a war between the gods and giants. They go back as far as 4000 BCE, so the date of 855 BCE is far too late for an actual event unless it was a recurring phenomena. Velikovsky proposed that very close encounters with Venus and Mars may have occurred at regular intervals until Venus settled into its current orbit and that these encounters impacted the earth in several ways, including crustal shift and change to its obliquity.

In the late 1990's, scientists at Cal Tech presented a theory for crustal slippage - but the event took place 534 million years ago over a period of 15 to 20 million years! Despite Hapgood, Velikovsky and others, no axial shift event has been proven over the last 10,000 years. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that it hasn't been proven. I am a huge fan of Velikovsky myself and think he presented some strong arguments for such an event, but there are also equally strong arguments against it.

Briwnys

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 04:52:58 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2007 11:59 AM                       
I have googled Pythagoras and the Hyperboreans and have found quite a bit of interesting material. I am working on what to focus on for a posting here. Really great stuff, esp. when you add "Druids" to the quest.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »

Huggy

Member # 2417

posted 01-28-2007 12:14 PM                       
a whirlpool is in a spiral form isn't it?

milky way in latin is lactaeus orbis. lactaeus orbis deciphered with edo nyland method and vcv basque dictionary gives: the daughter of the great goddess of our ancestors wich draw the attention of the holy man toward the yellow whirlpool with long arms.

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000027;p=1
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:54:45 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Carell

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »

Hi Devlin and all,
New member Carell here. I'd like to get permission to reprint a photo from the article "Archaeoastronomy and The spiral Form - ORIGINAL. The photo is of the Carschenna Switzerland Petroglyph at http://www.paim.net/circles/alps.jpg. I'm writing a book on petroglyphs and archaeoastronomy, mostly in North America, however I want to use this photo because I've found similar glyphs associated with Old World archaeoastronomy in America. My publisher requires written Permissions to use in my book. Please advise who the owner of the photo is and how I might contact him/her to send the Permission form, obtain written permission and provide the photo credit.
THANKS!!
Carell,
Carl@purevisiontechnology.com.
Report Spam   Logged
Carissa Hoffer-Halliet
Superhero Member

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2014, 08:29:31 pm »

Hi, I have no idea who owns the copyright to the picture, but this seems to be the page you want:

http://www.rupestre.net/alps/carsch.html
Report Spam   Logged
TWGilbert

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2014, 09:27:36 pm »

Is there a possibility that the spiral seen throughout the ancient world is connected in some way to this ancient Reiki symbol (Cho-Ku-Rei [or Chakra]) aspect, where the spiral is a representation of the Divine Feminine metaphysically? The spiral aspect of the "Cho-ku-Rei" symbol in Reiki  intersects with the "L" (or "7") [sometimes reversed in imagery as in the picture above] aspect (which is the masculine aspect of the symbol), in 7 places. The symbol is a forerunner of the "G" clef, and the letter "G" is the seventh letter of the alphabet, while the phonetic sound of "G" is "Chi" (energy, or light within), and the letter "G" is a partial spiral in formation anyway. Just curious..................

Great posts above by the way, Thanks, TG
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: