Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:36:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama blasts McCain on energy, taxes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama blasts McCain on energy, taxes  (Read 32 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« on: June 16, 2008, 10:52:35 am »

June 14, 2008
Obama blasts McCain on energy, taxes
Posted: 02:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Ed Hornick

Sen. Barack Obama holds a town hall meeting with residents in Wayne, Pennsylvania, on Saturday.

(CNN) — Sen. Barack Obama told voters in Wayne, Pennsylvania, on Saturday that he'll cut taxes for the middle class, raise taxes for the wealthy and pour more money into what he calls green energy.
Later Saturday, in Illinois, Obama helped fill sandbags near the Mississippi River in an area devastated by flooding, his campaign said. The same day, Sen. John McCain extended his sympathies to those affected by flooding in the Midwest.
According to his campaign, Obama wants to invest $150 billion over the next 10 years to establish a green energy sector; create a national low-carbon fuel standard to ensure that the fuel is more efficient, and invest in clean energies like solar, wind and biodiesel.
That, according to the campaign, would create up to 5 million new green energy jobs.
Obama also blasted McCain, the presumptive GOP presidential candidate, for his recent silence on energy reform and his support for a gas tax holiday.
"He isn't offering any solutions to help Americans pay for high gas prices. Instead, he's proposing a gas tax holiday that's nothing more than a Washington stunt," Obama said. "I was for the idea back then, but I've learned from my mistake, because I don't think it's right to say you're offering families relief when you're just boosting oil company profits."
Obama says McCain's gas tax plan would "actually do real harm" and take "$3 billion a month out of the highway trust fund and hand it over to the oil companies."
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:54:23 am »

Baldwin sets the record straight.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: