Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:53:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Walking the Red Road

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walking the Red Road  (Read 173 times)
Angel of Mons

« on: June 16, 2008, 02:56:01 am »

Walking the Red Road

The Creator has given the First Nations people their own way to stay in their health and become all that they can be. This way assures all the best in life and the capacity to make dreams come true. This path has been termed The Red Road. It is said that the Red Road is the path to the inner self. This is true, because inside all human beings lies the Red Road. The Red Road, like the three Principles, mind, consciousness and thought are a way to walk in life. This path is a road, not a physical road but a mental one.

An elder once said that, "The creator has given each race a way to walk in harmony with life and all of Creation, to us we were given the Red Road". I think he meant that we are all talking about the same thing; we just have different ceremonies to achieve this. All religions are talking about the same thing; it cannot be denied that every religion is a way to achieve happiness and health. This is what every human being on earth is looking for. Kitche-Manitou, God, Buddha and any other names that are used to describe a higher power, are all names for the same thing.

The Red Road is the easiest road to walk. Understanding thought and its relationship to the Red Road is fundamental in walking it. A teaching I received about the Red Road was about fact. We must see that it is a fact that we are the creators of the way we see our world. Knowing it is a fact and not just an idea could mean the difference between walking the Red Road or becoming lost on the Black Road. I am starting to see that the less I want things to happen the more chance that they will. What I mean is that the more faith I have that as long as I stay in a positive state of mind the more the chance that good things will happen to me. Just like when you wake up and spill coffee on yourself and then stub your toe on the coffee table. If you did not have the understanding that it is a fact that we are the creators of our experiences you might let that experience dictate the way your day will be.

The Red Road is more than a way to walk in life it is way to feel in life. The Red Road and love are the same thing. Jesus and the wise people from the East say that the answer is love. When you get right down to it you will see that the truth about all religion is love. Love is just a word that we use to describe a beautiful feeling that is free of judgment and any hostile or negative thoughts. This is the Red Road; this is the way that all religions are talking about. This is the way that our ancestors lived and tried to pass on; because words are so open to personal interpretations the true meaning was lost. Do not get lost in the words.

Having faith was another teaching I received. I have the faith that I know that the Red Road is always there. It is in my mind. Even if I stray off the path I know that I will find my way back. The more faith I have in this the faster I am able to return to the Red Road. This means that the more aware I am of my thinking the easier it is to come back to love or the Red Road.

I received a teaching about our sacred sweet grass. This sacred medicine is used to cleanse us of negative thoughts and energy. The teaching of the sweet grass is in the way it is braided. It takes three strands of sweet grass to braid it into one piece. The teaching is that each strand represents a different thing yet is the same thing. One strand is mind, the next spirit and finally body. These are braided together to form one. It is the same with mind, consciousness and thought. Although in words they are three different things, they are still all the same thing; they are one.

A teaching of the Sweat Lodge is that when you enter the Sweat you become equal with everyone. This is true because we are all human beings. People who have been enlightened are just the same as you and me they are just trying to make you see that you are them and they are you. Like the sweat lodge teaching we are all equal and all have the gift of enlightenment or the Red Road or love. The feeling of love or the Red Road comes from within you and is the gift that all human beings were given at creation. It does not matter what your circumstances are you have always had and will always have the Red Road or love inside you.

The Red Road cannot be found in a book it cannot even be found by what I have written. The Red Road can only be found in a feeling. I am only using words to describe what I am trying to explain. Please do not get caught in the words or you will lose the true meaning of what I am trying to say. The truth is and can only be found in love. This is where you will find the Red Road.

The Red Road is the way that I choose to walk in life. Since I have been walking the Red Road I have witnessed and experienced true beauty. My relationships are better; my walk is becoming easier and more beautiful everyday. I know who I am, and I am proud to be an Anishnabe Ogichidaa (Ojibway Warrior).

Meegwetch! Akina Nindinawe

Waabijayaa-myeengun Ginagaapi-omashkooz

(Thank you! All my Relations)

Greywolf Laughingelk
Desi Lindstrom (Shebobman)

http://www.peaksmedia.com/selah/road.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: