Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:27:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Original)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Original)  (Read 15885 times)
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:43 pm »

“(...)In the next place, they had fountains, one of cold and another of hot water, in gracious plenty flowing; and they were wonderfully adapted for use by reason of the pleasantness and excellence of their waters. They constructed buildings about them and planted suitable trees, also they made cisterns, some open to the heavens, others roofed over, to be used in winter as warm baths (...)“

Usually, these warm and cold springs manifest themselves within continental zones. An example for this is Iceland where people use the warm springs to supply themselves with heat and energy – just as Plato put it.

Yet the Würm Ice Age 12 000 years ago is not a suitable candidate to have reduced the sea level along the Atlantic Ridge. Did, then, the catastrophe in the Atlantic Ocean indeed happen? That desaster with its devastating earthquakes and inundations that caused the mid-Atlantic Ridge to sink? Or is it all about an inundation of the Caribbean area with its shallow waters? Also, the point in time when the glaciers melted would perfectly meet the time of the disappearance of Atlantis as has been indicated by Plato.

Read the following excerpt from the Critias dialogue:

“(...)Let me begin by observing first of all, that nine thousand was the sum of years which had elapsed since the war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them; this war I am going to describe. (...)“

A further mystery concerns the migrations of the European eels. These animals spawn in the Sargasso Sea west of the United States of America. The newborn eels start their three years long eastbound migration following the Gulf Stream to the European rivers. Having reached sexual maturity they migrate back to the Sargasso Sea within four months, however leaving the Azores to their left this time. It has been proven that the eels need freshwater to reach maturity but why do they venture on this long journey across the Atlantic Ocean?

Could it be that the eels have a genetic memory of a mainland with freshwater in the Atlantic Ocean but cannot find it again because it sank? Is that why they keep on migrating until they reach Europe?

Another phenomenon relates to the suicide of the Norwegian lemmings. Every year when their homeland is running short of food, these little rodents start migrating westwards. At the end of their migration they jump into the ocean and continue swimming westwards until they drown. What is it these animals are after in the ocean? Are they following a basic instinct driving them into the ocean? Are they looking for a land that offered them plenty of food a long time ago? Was this land Atlantis, located in the Atlantic Ocean according to Plato?

http://www.atlantia.de/atlantis_english/myth/atlantis/atlantis_atlantic.htm

Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 09:51:37 pm »

ANCIENT FOUNDINGS
Did Atlantis exist in the Atlantic Ocean?

We summarize our arguements, referring the most important findings about Atlantis. The evidences was drawn up by the Museum of Atlantis.

1. At the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean was found basalt glassy lava of a mainland and not undersea volcano.
2. In 1898 special machinery brought into the surface of the Atlantic Ocean from 2800 m depth, a rock island 15000 years old which came from a mainland volcano.
3. In the summer of 1927, a crystal cranium from quartz with a movable jaw was found in the jungle of the British Honduran (Central America)!
4. In 1977, with echo sounding machinery, a pyramid was localized in depth of 300 m near the triangle of Vermuda.
5. In Bimini islands which are in the Bahamas islands were found (in 1969) sunk large stones squared or rectangulared of 600 square metres extend similar to those which were found by professor Jacques Cousteau in the small island Dias of Krete (in 1976).
6. In a mountain of Perou in Piscos Bay a very ancient trident (Atlant's symbol) is displayed which is made of white stones with phosphoric brightness "stabbed" in the slope. It has 250 m length and sides of 3,8 m width. This trident leads to a marked airport shaped flat space in Nasca plain which is located 160 km from Pisco. Wide airstrips and radiated corridors are discerned which stand out because they shine. They are formed by rack fragments. When you see this space from above it gives you the impression of an airport with geometrical lines and signs like in the modern airfields.
7. The gravestone with a carved pilot which was found in Palenkoue, near the temple of the Atlants of Mexico
8. The undersea ruins which were found through Soviet research with head the academic Accenof near Madera and the 9500 years smoothed marble stone which was drawn up by the Rusians from the undersea central Atlantic slope (mountain rage)
9. Some very ancient buildings of America belong to this technique of the most ancient buildings of Europe and North Africa as well as many architectural decorative shapes which are similar to both civilizations.
10. Geologists admit that between the Big and the Small Antilles there was land, which was sunk. Furthermore, that the Azores islands and in their extend Madera and the Canary islands are emerged summits of a big undersea volcano mountain range where often happen earthquakes and explosions.

General conclusions

All these foundings show that the large continent of Atlantis was surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Its geographical extend approach more to the Central America, the Big and the Small Antilles and the Bahamas, included the space of the Atlantic Ocean up to the Sargassai Sea, expanded normally up to Bermuda and an oblong extend of it reached as far as to the Azores. It was also surrounded by many small islands (sea maps of Atlantis).

http://www.atlantida.gr/engArxaiaEbrimata.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 09:52:32 pm »

Morrison

Member # 2156

Member Rated:
   posted 01-29-2006 12:02 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carolyn, the problem with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge as Atlantis is not simply that geologists say that a continent did not exist there. Or that no sunken cities have been found. Personally, I believe that there are some there.

The point is, Atlantis, as described by Plato, was a huge place, and so vast that only a few specific places could have actually been it. There being no theoretical way for a continent to actually sink, we must conclude that only the capital city itself sunk.

Yes, we have cities on the coastlines, like Tartessos, that were said to have sunk, but not continents.

Even Krakatow and Santorini, the two examples most frequently cited as evidence for something like this, are only a fraction the size of what Atlantis is said to have been.

Yet another reason why it makes more sense to search in South America.

Which is where it was.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 09:53:21 pm »

Tom Hebert1
Member # 2835

posted 01-29-2006 03:24 AM                       
That's quite a lot of impressive reasearch, Carolyn. I have never put much stock in the continental drift theory. Therefore, I have no problem viewing Atlantis as somewhere in the ocean that carries its name.
Posts: 908 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 09:53:53 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 01-30-2006 08:41 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Hebert1:
That's quite a lot of impressive reasearch, Carolyn. I have never put much stock in the continental drift theory. Therefore, I have no problem viewing Atlantis as somewhere in the ocean that carries its name.

So true, Tom!!

And the Mid-Atlantic Ridge has one other advantage that the others don't have: it's in the Atlantic Ocean, unlike certain "other" so-called Atlantis theories I could name!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 09:54:14 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 01-30-2006 08:53 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Morrison:
Carolyn, the problem with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge as Atlantis is not simply that geologists say that a continent did not exist there. Or that no sunken cities have been found. Personally, I believe that there are some there.

The point is, Atlantis, as described by Plato, was a huge place, and so vast that only a few specific places could have actually been it. There being no theoretical way for a continent to actually sink, we must conclude that only the capital city itself sunk.

Yes, we have cities on the coastlines, like Tartessos, that were said to have sunk, but not continents.

Even Krakatow and Santorini, the two examples most frequently cited as evidence for something like this, are only a fraction the size of what Atlantis is said to have been.

Yet another reason why it makes more sense to search in South America.

Which is where it was.

Says you!

Why would a South American Atlantis have any interest in taking over the Mediterranean when they already had a land just as big as Africa to control?? If they were going to conquer something, don't you think they would have started with North America first??

It makes much more sense to have Atlantis at the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

-It's close enough to the Mediterranean to want to attack it.

-The fact that it's volcanic in nature would be pret-ty good incentive to want to conquer some new lands.

-Scientists do say that more of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge was above water at one time, more than it is now.

-That area probably got creamed when the Ice Age ended.

-There are hot and warm springs in the Azores just like Plato mentions in Atlantis.

-The locals all have a tradition of coming from Atlantis!

It's the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, baby!!!
 Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 09:54:35 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-02-2006 10:18 AM                       
Carolyn, we are having a discussion about this very thing over on the Atlantis forums under "A study of the Atlantic Ocean Floor".

I hope that you will join us over there with your findings. They will help immensely.

Now, are you trying to find Atlantis? If so, we really need to transfer your topic over to the Atlantis site.

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Please contact me by using the PM on the site. I will respond much faster. Thanks! Kim

Posts: 5579 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 09:54:57 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-02-2006 10:21 AM                       
In the meantime, check out these maps.

http://www.mapquest.com/atlas/?region=natlantc

http://www.mapquest.com/atlas/?region=satlantc

http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es0802/es0802page01.cfm

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Please contact me by using the PM on the site. I will respond much faster. Thanks! Kim

Posts: 5579 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 09:55:35 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 09:55:56 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 09:56:14 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 09:57:32 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 02-02-2006 09:46 PM                       
Hi Smiley!

Nope, not trying to find Atlantis, just looking for some specific scientific evidence that some of the the good ole Mid-Atlantic Ridge was above sea level at the end of the last Ice age.

Stuff sort of like this:

http://horn.alein.de/flat-topped.jpg

Thanks for the maps!

I will add some Atlantis-related material to that Atlantic Ocean thread as I find it.

And, by the way, I hope this thread finally puts to rest that annoying dumb blonde stereotype! We're just as good a researchers as anyone else, man are those blonde jokes annoying.

Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:09 pm »

unknown

Re: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 10:20:25 pm » Quote 

Hi Carolyn

Long time no see, Otto Muck wrote a really good Book about Atlantis in the Atlantic called "The Secret of Atlantis" are you familiar with it?
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:28 pm »

Carolyn Silver

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 10:29:01 pm » Quote Modify 

Quote from: unknown on February 16, 2007, 10:20:25 pm
Hi Carolyn

Long time no see, Otto Muck wrote a really good Book about Atlantis in the Atlantic called "The Secret of Atlantis" are you familiar with it?

Howdy Unknown!!

Yep, definitely a long time since  I last talked with you, what has it been a year and a half??  How you been?

The book you are talking about is THE best book on Atlantis, the Secret of Atlantis!  Yes, I have it.  Another person who's research I like a lot is Edgerton Sykes, heard of him?   
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:44 pm »

unknown

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:07 pm » Quote 

Not to Bad, how have you been

I am not familiar with skyes but if you recommend him I 'll definately check him out.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: