Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 12:37:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Original)  (Read 16516 times)
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2008, 10:13:45 pm »

BigFatFurryTexan

Member # 1520

Rate Member   posted 02-16-2006 10:47 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carolyn, very interesting research.

Here is a story i recently read about, but haven't had time to research. If anyone has anything that they can add, please do:

When Columbis was going to sail to the west to try to reach india, he only stocked a few weeks worth of provisions. His intention was to stay over on a large island that was located just beyond the Straits of Gibralter. Many maps of his day referenced this island, and referred to it as something along the lines of Antillia. He was fairly dismayed that he didn't find the island where he was supposed to, and wrote of it in his journal. He referenced it and mentioned that he was concerned about the Mission that was built there by the Catholic church (where there are "Godless" people, there are Catholics there to torture them into believing the same as them).

He contined on and landed in the Antilles (which he erroneously assumed was Antillia) as his first arrival in the New World.

This was only 500 years ago, and would hardly fall in the category of pre-history.

Along a simlar line, there are literally dozens reports of sea captains finding strange islands in areas there are well known and charted. Apparently a volcanic pillar lends support to the air filled volcanic rock on top. Eventually, enough pressure and weight builds and causes the whole column to collapse, causing the new island to sink. This has been reported as recently as the 70's.

Like I said, i don't know if any of it is true, and would like to know if anyone else can add anything. What i would say about Carolyns posts is that anyone who would discount the assertions made therein based on current scientific "knowledge" is basing their assertions on the scientific equivalent of voodoo. We are still banging on stones and looking for the answers in the pigs entrails.

--------------------
Think outside the flock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: