Atlantis Online
October 27, 2020, 10:25:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Original)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Original)  (Read 11839 times)
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 10:19:37 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-03-2006 09:02 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idea that the oceans were lower thousands of years ago is not a new one.

In fact, if anything they have raised drastically over the last 10,000 years.

Here's my theory.

Citing Atlantis for a base, it is generally thought of to be in the largest part of the MAR.

In my opinion, prior to 10,000 years ago, a catastrophic event happened which split the MAR from the North Atlantic all the way to the South Atlantic - taking any known land masses with it. It is known that it is "spreading", and the Continental Drift Theory accounts for it. I sort of agree with it, but only AFTER the sudden splitting of the MAR so long ago.

In the Bible it states that the rain came down, and the fountains of the Earth opened up to flood the Earth.

This is a description of what I believe to be the very catastrophic event described in Plato's story of Atlantis when the MAR split open.

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Please contact me by using the PM on the site. I will respond much faster. Thanks! Kim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 5579 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: