Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:33:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

McCain's War on Women

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCain's War on Women  (Read 962 times)
Bethany Beightol
Superhero Member

« on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:05 am »

McCain's War on Women
John McCain is often painted as a moderate.

But where does he really stand on issues that affect women?
McCain's Senate record may surprise you. From equal pay to domestic violence programs, from sex education to the fundamental question of what conversations a woman may or may not have with her doctor, McCain is no moderate.

Get the facts about where John McCain stands on these issues, then let us know where you stand on John McCain.

McCain's War on Equal Pay
McCain skipped a recent vote on Equal Pay, and said that instead of legislation allowing women to fight for equal pay, they simply need "education and training." (Women are currently paid less than men for the same work, even when they have the same education and training as men). http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00110" \t "_blank[http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00110" \t "_blankSource]
McCain's War on Birth Control
McCain has never cosponsored or supported legislation that would reduce the need for abortion by preventing unintended pregnancy [Source]
McCain voted against requiring insurance companies that pay for prescription drugs (like ****) to pay equally for women's prescription birth control [Source]http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=108&session=1&vote=00045
McCain voted for the domestic & global gag rules, which prohibit federally funded family-planning clinics from giving women full information about their reproductive health options [Source]
McCain's War on Women's Health
McCain voted to terminate the Title X family planning program, which provides millions of women with health care services ranging from birth control to breast & cervical cancer screenings [Source]
McCain voted to de‐fund the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an organization that provides family planning services - not abortion - for the world's poorest women [Source]
McCain's War on Sex Education
McCain voted against funding teen pregnancy prevention programs and against ensuring that "abstinence‐only" programs are at least medically accurate [Source]
McCain voted to earmark one‐third of all HIV/AIDS prevention funds for ineffective, unproven, and dangerous "abstinence‐only" programs [Source]
McCain voted to take $75 million from the Maternal and Child Health Block Grant to establish a new "abstinence‐only" program that censors information about birth control [Source]
McCain's War on Choice
Voted anti-choice 125 out of 130 times in his congressional career [Source]
Voted in favor of anti-choice Supreme Court Justices like Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas and Chief Justices like John Roberts [Source]
McCain routinely votes to block women's access to abortion care for low-income women, voted for the Federal Abortion Ban, and opposed federal Medicaid funds for abortion even in cases of **** or incest.[Source]
McCain voted to deny abortion services to U.S. military women serving overseas, even when they wish to pay for such services with their own money [Source]
McCain's War on Domestic Violence Programs
Voted against a measure to increase funding for law enforcement programs, including the Office of Violence Against Women programs and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children [Source]
Opposed grant programs to aid children who have witnessed domestic violence [Source]
http://progressohio.org/page/s/mccainwaronwomen
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:03:52 pm »

Mods, please pin this!
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:09:12 pm »

So why are all these Hillary feminists vowing to vote for McCain?  It's ludicrous!  They're cutting off their nose to spite their face!
Report Spam   Logged
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:17:14 pm »

I just think that the word hasn't gotten out there about him yet, Tom.  I heard of a poll the other day where half the women who voted for him in the states that he won thought he was pro-choice. 

The media has so confused this "maverick" image that McCain has cultivated (which bears no resemblance to his voting record) that it has confused people.

But he has NEVER voted on behalf of women for ANY issues that concerns us and now he has the nerve to ask for our votes.
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Lars Worthington III

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:05:51 pm »

Noooooo!

John McCain is a friend to women, this is why women should vote for him:

This is an appeal to all you disillusioned Clinton supporters out there:  don't vote for Barack Obama, vote for John McCain!

Here's why:

1.  Women love a guy in uniform, well, John McCain has served, Obama has not!
2.  John McCain will keep you safe.  We Republicans know that women tend to get scared a lot easier than men do.  Well, John McCain will keep you one heck of a lot safer than Barack Obama will!
3.  John McCain likes women.  He likes women so much he not only married one of your kind, but two!  He has always had a woman in his life, and he has been damned good to them, too.
4. John McCain is lot less threatening than this Obama fellow is.  He's a seasoned white male, and he will keep things just about the way that they are.  We all know that Obama has promised to change things!  As John McCain has said about these ideas, "that's not change we can believe in."
5. John McCain knows what's best for you.  He should be looked on as a father figure that knows what's best for women. As I have already said, he has served in the military, is accustomed to being obeyed.  You'll come to have a grudging respect for the way the man works as he decides what’s best for you.

There, I hope that I have given not only Clinton supporters, but every woman who reads this, ample reasons to choose Johnny Mac as your next Commander-in-Chief.  He is one of a kind, and there is no one quite like him.

Report Spam   Logged

Romney, Palin or Huckabee in 2016
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 12:36:11 am »

Voted against a measure to increase funding for law enforcement programs, including the Office of Violence Against Women programs and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children [Source]
Opposed grant programs to aid children who have witnessed domestic violence [Source]

Not that I am a McCain fan but what is a government or a law enforcement agency going to do about Darwinistically challenged women who end up getting beaten.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 12:37:44 am »

I just think that the word hasn't gotten out there about him yet, Tom.  I heard of a poll the other day where half the women who voted for him in the states that he won thought he was pro-choice. 

The media has so confused this "maverick" image that McCain has cultivated (which bears no resemblance to his voting record) that it has confused people.

But he has NEVER voted on behalf of women for ANY issues that concerns us and now he has the nerve to ask for our votes.

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 12:54:04 am »

No way would I ever vote for someone with THAT kind of record against women's issues.
Why even bother for asking ANY women to vote for him, what's the point?
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 12:57:36 am »

Not that I am a McCain fan but what is a government or a law enforcement agency going to do about Darwinistically challenged women who end up getting beaten.

The idea behind the programs is that children learn about domestic violence at a young age, and might become abusers themselves (or abusees) unless they go into counseling.

As for "Darwinstically challenged women," I think you mean "Darwinstically challenged men."  Domestic violence is usually the MAN's idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:02 am »

I've been rejected by women and I have never hit one, yet some of these women can just sit there and keep on taking abuse after abuse.

I just don't get it.
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 01:25:50 am »

The better question would be, "why do guys do it in the first place?" 

Also, why do you blame the victim, and not the abuser??  Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 01:41:56 am »

Cuz dumb women's stupidity can be irritating.

Also, why do you blame the victim, and not the abuser??

I don't excuse the abuser but it astounds me how some of these women sit there and take it.
 Call the cops and file assault and battery charges. 

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 02:21:58 am »

So you think just because a woman is stupid it gives you the right to hit them?

Gee, that speaks volumes about you, you could be an abuser later on in your life, too!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 02:52:16 am »

So you think just because a woman is stupid it gives you the right to hit them?

NO !!!

Gee, that speaks volumes about you, you could be an abuser later on in your life, too!  Angry

Shocked HUH !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's quite a leap there Deanna...

Also, why do you blame the victim, and not the abuser??

I don't excuse the abuser but it astounds me how some of these women sit there and take it.
 Call the cops and file assault and battery charges. 

Notice the part about calling the cops and filing assault and battery charges.

Nowhere am I advocating hitting women or suggesting anyone has a "right" to.

Read the whole statement first....

....then post.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 06:09:33 pm »

Tom Hebert

Re: McCain's War on Women
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:09:12 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why are all these Hillary feminists vowing to vote for McCain? 

It's ludicrous!  They're cutting off their nose to spite their face!

HERE'S YOUR ANSWER, TOM:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,10176.0.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 06:14:59 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: