Atlantis Online

Search for the Sacred => Angels & Angelology => Topic started by: Dark Goddess on November 15, 2018, 09:29:42 pm

Title: George Lukins aka Yatton daemoniac
Post by: Dark Goddess on November 15, 2018, 09:29:42 pm

George Lukins aka Yatton daemoniac
2 years ago
by Demonicpedia
5 months ago

The possession and exorcism of George Lukins, also know as the Yatton Daemonica, was a well known demonic possession that occurred in the 1770’s with the exorcism itself being performed on Friday, 13 June 1787.
George Lukins, 44 years old, lived in the village of Yatton located outside of Bristol when the possession began.

George, a tailor, had been heard making strange noises, often descried as inhuman, and a neighbor, Sarah Barber, confided in the local clergy about Mr. Lukins when doctors believed they could not help him but affirmed to his overall good and caring nature. But before an exorcism would take place he turned to the medical world for help. He had been known for the last 2 decades before the exorcism to go into fits of rage and panics suddenly and out of nowhere. Doctors everywhere attempted to help the man and after a long 18 month stay at the St George’s Hospital all declared him incurable. The local community began to gossip and believed him to be bewitched or cursed.
Eventually George Lukins, himself, declared that he was possessed by at least seven demonic beings.

Rev. Joseph Easterbook got involved and contacted other Methodist ministers in the area of which Rev. John Wesley and Rev. John Valton, along with others, agreed to assist.

    “‘Some time ago I had a letter requesting me to make one of the seven ministers to pray over George Lukins. I cried out before God, “Lord, I am not fit for such a work; I have not faith to encounter a demoniac.” It was powerfully applied, “God in this thy might.” The day before we were to meet, I went to see Lukins, and found such faith, that I could then encounter the seven devils which he said tormented him. I did not doubt but deliverance would come. Suffice to say, when we met, the Lord heard prayer, and delivered the poor man.'”[15]
    — Rev. John Valton

A detailed record was actually kept of the exorcism itself and published in the Bristol Gazette. In the report George Lukins claimed that he was the devil himself, made strange noises, sang an inverted version of Te Deum, and was violent. Witnesses and assistants to the exorcism are Reverend Joseph Easterbrook, Reverend John Broadbent, Reverend John Valton, Reverend Jeremiah Brettle, Reverend Benjamin Rhodes, Reverend Thomas Mac Geary, Reverend William Hunt, J. Westcote, J. Lard, T. Delve Rees, Deverel Tucker Gwyer, Nathaniel Gifford.

george lukinsThe Methodist exorcism ceremony resembles the Catholic rite in many ways. The ritual consists of adjurations and commands for the demon to depart. These commands are accompanied by prayers and hymns.  Ironically for this case, all of these rituals were expressly rejected by the Church of England as well as the other Protestant denominations.

Title: Re: George Lukins aka Yatton daemoniac
Post by: Dark Goddess on November 15, 2018, 09:32:05 pm

The Possession of Michael Taylor
2 years ago
by Demonicpedia
2 years ago

Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor and his wife, Christine, lived in a small town in Great Britain called Ossett. The couple was very religious, and had joined a Christian prayer group lead by Marie Robinson. At one meeting in 1974, Christine Taylor accused her husband and Robinson of having an affair, which both people hotly denied. Michael Taylor then spewed obscenities and began acting extremely erratic and out of character, leading witnesses to think that he seemed possessed by evil.

After months of crazy behavior, Taylor eventually consulted with clergy who performed an exorcism. The exorcism lasted for well over twenty-four hours, and the priests involved claimed to have removed forty demons from the man’s body. However, before he left, the priests warned him that the demon of murder remained dormant in his soul.

As soon as Taylor arrived home, he brutally murdered his wife and their dog. He was later found wandering the streets, covered in blood. At his trial, he was acquitted by reason of insanity.