Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 01:11:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Zahi Hawass to Drill Under the Sphinx!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahi Hawass to Drill Under the Sphinx!  (Read 993 times)
Horus

« on: February 14, 2009, 01:13:18 pm »

NEWS from the FIELD

Zahi Hawass to Drill Under the Sphinx!

by John Van Auken

I met with Dr. Zahi Hawass, Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, after he spoke for an hour to our A.R.E. group. He shared that Joe Jahoda, a longtime A.R.E. member, had convinced him to drill under the Sphinx for a chamber.
Back in 1997, Jahoda and his partner, Joe Schor, in cooperation with Florida State University, conducted
ground-penetrating radar around the Sphinx and found an open area in the bedrock beneath the Sphinx. This opening, possibly a chamber, is 30 feet down and is estimated to be 26 feet wide and 40 feet in length. The Cayce readings identify this chamber as an ante-chamber to the Hall of Records that is off the right front paw of the Sphinx.
Jahoda asked if A.R.E. would purchase the special drill necessary to drill at an angle into the limestone bedrock. Kevin Todeschi, CEO of A.R.E., approved the purchase, and our donation “angel,” Don Dickinson, agreed to help A.R.E. with this purchase. Thus, the drill was purchased, crated, and shipped to Egypt.
Zahi said that soon after the drill arrives, he’ll get his team together and begin the drilling.
It’s exciting news! We are taking a major step toward finding one of Cayce’s three Atlantean record caches. Stay tuned for updates.

source: http://are-cayce.org/members/newsletters/2009_02_AM.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Osiris

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:24 pm »

That's great news.  Too bad they won't allow an independent observer to make sure that he actually discloses what he finds.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:15:02 pm »

That's great news.  Too bad they won't allow an independent observer to make sure that he actually discloses what he finds.  Wink

Why wouldn't he?
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Jeanetta Clash
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:46:35 pm »

Why?  Because Hawass is notorious for not allowing people who have alternate theories regarding the Sphnix and the pyramids of Egypt to have anything to do with the work being done on them.  Don't tell me you didn't know that.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 10:23:06 pm »

I think the reason why he hasn't aloud anyone from groups like the A.R.E from digging in or around Giza might be because they are getting their evidence from a psychic. Let's say for a second that Hawass let a group dig around the Sphinx unattended and they found nothing but in the process damaged the monument beyond repair.  Plus the fact that there is no evidence to conclude that there is anything there at all except for the G.P.R. findings. And by what I mean by evidence I mean a tablet or scroll.  But if they do find something under the Sphinx that would truly be awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Horus

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 01:17:22 am »

I think the reason why he hasn't aloud anyone from groups like the A.R.E from digging in or around Giza might be because they are getting their evidence from a psychic. Let's say for a second that Hawass let a group dig around the Sphinx unattended and they found nothing but in the process damaged the monument beyond repair.  Plus the fact that there is no evidence to conclude that there is anything there at all except for the G.P.R. findings. And by what I mean by evidence I mean a tablet or scroll.  But if they do find something under the Sphinx that would truly be awesome.

First of all, they are not getting "evidence" from a psychic; Cayce's readings provide leads, nothing more. 
Second, the A.R.E. has never had a problem conducting investigations at Giza -in fact, they helped to finance Hawass' education at the University of Pennsylvania and are on very good terms with him and Supreme Council of Antiquities.

There are in fact, four different scientific investigations which indicate there are multiple chambers in front of the Sphinx:
1) The SRI resistivity tests in the late '70s showed an anomally indicative of a cavity under the paws
2) Geologist Robert Schoch and Geophysicist Thomas Dobecki detected rectangular cavities in front of the Sphinx with sesimograph in 1992
3) Jospeh Schor and Florida State University confirmed those rectangular cavities with GPR in '96
4) a fiber optic camera was inserted and found cavern semi-filled with debris but visibilty was poor. A corner, right angular feature was seen suggesting that it is artificial and the cavity extends around the corner possibly a tunnel.

This is why they have obtained approval to continue and why they are spending all this money.
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Jeanetta Clash
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:14 am »

I think the reason why he hasn't aloud anyone from groups like the A.R.E from digging in or around Giza might be because they are getting their evidence from a psychic.

Horus is right, besides, Hawass hasn't just refused permission to the A.R.E., but anyone with any ideas that contradict his version of Egyptology.  That isn't science, that's government sponsored propaganda.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 12:25:36 am »

Like I said..  If they find something that be awesome. But if they don't then oh well.  And I'm sure most of you will start calling him a liar and whatnot claiming that he's covering it up.
Report Spam   Logged

Jeanetta Clash
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 12:54:22 am »

I am sure that whatever he finds will be sanitized and cleaned up so it conforms neatly with established Egyptology!  Even though established Egyptology leaves off big parts of Manetho's king's list and several other things the ancient Egyptians say was in their history.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:55:19 am by Jeanetta Clash » Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 01:10:52 am »

I rest my case.
Report Spam   Logged

Horus

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:58 pm »

I rest my case.

You don't have a "case", but there is very strong one against the Egyptian Antiqities Mob and their ties with officials in the Supreme Council of Antiquities headed by Hawass.  Several were caught smuggling $50 million worth of atifacts across the border a few years ago.  The Egyptians have been looting their own tombs since they were made!  Now there are wealthy collectors who will pay exorbitant prices for whatever lays buried beneath Giza and other sites.

It's possible that one or more chambers beneath the Sphinx have already been penetrated. My colleagues have observed clandestine digging going on at Giza -near the Sphinx- for the last several years.  If anything "anomallous" which challenged the orthodox view of history was found at Giza it could easily be carted away or sold off to private collectors.  There are an estimated 90,000 uncatalogued artifacts in the basement of the Cairo museum that date to Pharaonic times and could be substitued in the place something historically-anomallous and no one would ever know!  

There is tremendous pressure from the conventionalists in the establisment to keep the status quo and not upset the historical applecart.  This is because most of the men in charge have publically denounced and ridiculed theories on Atlantis or technologically-advanced antediluvian civilizations and they would have to eat their words and rewrite their books and no one in charge is willing to suffer this loss of face. It's all about preserving reputations and BIG EGOS!!!  
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:24:51 pm by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 02:25:55 pm »

I can see now that there is no pleasing you.  You've already passed judgment on him.  No matter what is found no not found you will call him a liar if they don't find anything.  Or if he does find something you call him a liar of not telling the world sooner and about all the other possible artifacts that prove of a older civilization.  So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  Which is really sad.
Report Spam   Logged

Horus

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 03:20:57 pm »

I can see now that there is no pleasing you.  You've already passed judgment on him.  No matter what is found no not found you will call him a liar if they don't find anything.  Or if he does find something you call him a liar of not telling the world sooner and about all the other possible artifacts that prove of a older civilization.  So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  Which is really sad.

I'm calling him a liar now because he's already been caught lying and has issued multiple contradictory statements!  The real question is  -WHY? The situation is just extremely complicated.  Hawass is an avaricious egotist caught between multiple forces at play here. Regardless of what he personally believes, or what his statements to the press have been, he owes a debt of gratitude to the A.R.E. Cayce/Atlantis folks for what they have done to set up his successful career and they have maintained good relations with him since the '70s. The exact same applies to Egyptologist Mark Lehner, the world's pre-eminent expert on the Sphinx. Because of this, the A.R.E. are allowed certain concessions and priveleges including this current one.

At the same time there is a special interest group digging at Giza and operating in the shadows. Are they members of the secret societies, the economic and political elite (Illuminati?) who all trace the origin of their secret knowledge to Egypt (Giza specifically), and to a library of Thoth's hidden wisdom buried beneath the Sphinx, or are they just private collectors dealing with the Antiquities mob? Or both? Whatever may be, nothing goes on at Giza without Hawass' approval! He has his hand in this!  

And, as noted, he has tremendous pressure from colleagues in the orthodox establishment. He keeps his position of power by staying on good terms with them and parroting conventionalist history, ridiculing alternative theory -even if it's scientifically-sound like Schoch/Wests' geological Sphinx erosion hypothesis or Bauval/Gibert's astronomical Orion Correlation Theory.  

If they find something historically-anomallous which dates to 10,000 B.C., and this is publically revealed, I'll be astounded! I remain cautiously hopeful for that even despite all the evidence that something shady has been going on over there for a while now.
Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Rourke

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 08:17:18 pm »

Horus gives you facts and you respond with generic ad hominem attacks?  What's with you? So you like the guy personally, big deal.  But your apparent admiration for the guy colors you just as much as you claim the dislike that others have for him here.

So here's your chance:  prove to the rest of us that Zawi Hawass has always been an honest guy, who has never hid anything from anyone and that he isn't a publicity hogging egotist and everyone else will shut up about him. 

But you have to prove it, big shot.  I'm guessing you'll just toss this challenge off with another ad hominem attack but at least everyone will see what you are made of:  mainly a guy made of hot air basically arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: